PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling A Check From A Business Account?

Lee
11-20-2004, 10:18 AM
The funds have been drawn?

Im seriously reconsidering halting our sponsorship of Vegas atm due to having just been told that even though we have been told on numerous occasions we have room space booked by both AVN and the Mandalay Bay that we still havent been given any room allocations so we can get invites / flyers printed up.

Anyone know if...

A.) It is possible to do this and;
B.) Anyone is looking for booth space on the floor if cancelling the check isnt an option?

Mike AI
11-20-2004, 11:32 AM
Once funds are out, you cannot cancel a check.

You may have other recourses but not through your bank.

Next time use CC, then you can charge back! :D

Lee
11-20-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Nov 20 2004, 08:33 AM
Once funds are out, you cannot cancel a check.

You may have other recourses but not through your bank.

Next time use CC, then you can charge back! :D
Thanks Mike :)

Im still awaiting confirmation that it was actually a check we used im 90% positive it was though :(

Fucking politics :(

Nickatilynx
11-20-2004, 12:52 PM
AVN?

Back with Netpond , we ordered a booth once for 40k. (I was prolly drunk)

Later ( during a lucid moment , prolly)I added up the cost of sending everyone there ,airline tickets rooms etc , and it came to over 200k .An amount that I really couldn't warrant.

We tried to cancel the booth as I thought "fuck a huge booth , we'll get a suite and have a party of biblical proportions way cheaper.

AVN said no way can we cancel.

So I said "FUCK"

I then ,be a balshy fuck, planned this...

OK, guys in the middle of our 20x20 booth space ,we just put a sign that says ,

"Netpond , too busy naking money to attend. See you online"

:)

The booth was cancelled :)

Lee
11-20-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Nov 20 2004, 09:53 AM
See im hoping this thread is enough to make them get their thumbs outta their asses and actually get things organized so we can actually start marketing the rooms / venues of our 6 events.

As far as im concerned the booth is dead space for us, it was never in our plans to have an operational booth.

If it comes down to it we'll throw a couch in the booth space and just mong out all day LOL

I also have another 'unique' use for the booth space should we end up having to take our events off-site, i always noticed there was a lack of trash recepticles at the show :groucho:

Nickatilynx
11-20-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Lee+Nov 20 2004, 10:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lee @ Nov 20 2004, 10:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Nov 20 2004, 09:53 AM
See im hoping this thread is enough to make them get their thumbs outta their asses and actually get things organized so we can actually start marketing the rooms / venues of our 6 events.

As far as im concerned the booth is dead space for us, it was never in our plans to have an operational booth.

If it comes down to it we'll throw a couch in the booth space and just mong out all day LOL

I also have another 'unique' use for the booth space should we end up having to take our events off-site, i always noticed there was a lack of trash recepticles at the show :groucho: [/b][/quote]
LOL

Awesome . a man after my own heart :)

Lee
11-20-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Nov 20 2004, 10:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Nov 20 2004, 10:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Lee@Nov 20 2004, 10:11 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Nov 20 2004, 09:53 AM

I also have another 'unique' use for the booth space should we end up having to take our events off-site, i always noticed there was a lack of trash recepticles at the show :groucho:
LOL

Awesome . a man after my own heart :) [/b][/quote]
Well i figure the smell alone would make our booth the most memorable of all the previous shows ;)

I am going to feel sorry for those companies surrounding our booth though if it does come to that LOL

Nickatilynx
11-20-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Lee+Nov 20 2004, 10:16 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lee @ Nov 20 2004, 10:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Nov 20 2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Lee@Nov 20 2004, 10:11 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Nov 20 2004, 09:53 AM

LOL

Awesome . a man after my own heart :)
Well i figure the smell alone would make our booth the most memorable of all the previous shows ;)

I am going to feel sorry for those companies surrounding our booth though if it does come to that LOL [/b][/quote]
I am going to feel sorry for those companies surrounding our booth

Oh dear

How sad

Never mind.

;-))))

SykkBoy
11-20-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Lee@Nov 20 2004, 01:11 PM

We did that with NetPond in New Orleans, a couple couches and a coffee table (that by the end of the show, was entirely covered in empties). It wasn't about protest though, just kind of a spur of the moment thing...

You should just set up a keg in the middle of the space, with a sign FREE BEER then in small print "must suck off the bear in our suite to claim"