PDA

View Full Version : Webmaster World Las Vegas

kath
11-17-2004, 12:37 AM
I realize that mainstream does some pretty silly things - but I was checking out some mainstream proggies tonight and caught a banner for the Webmaster World Conference in Vegas this weekend - $799 registration fee?!?

http://www.webmasterworld.com/conference/register.htm

I see SEGuru is on a panel - along with a bunch of Google, Yahoo!, Alexa, etc. folks.... but I don't see ANYTHING here justifying this $799 registration + travel + hotel + meals, etc.

Anyone ever attend this thing? Does it get a lot of traffic? Are mainstream/eCommerce folks STILL willing to sink this much $$$ in for educational conferences? I really kind of thought that with the death of Comdex the rates would at least drop for these mainstream thingies...

:huh:

Lee
11-17-2004, 01:14 AM
I love this quote from their site..

It is not how much you pay - it is how much you get.

Judging by a couple of the speakers and having heard them in the past.. it IS how much you pay ;)

gonzo
11-17-2004, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by kath@Nov 17 2004, 12:38 AM
I realize that mainstream does some pretty silly things - but I was checking out some mainstream proggies tonight and caught a banner for the Webmaster World Conference in Vegas this weekend - $799 registration fee?!?

http://www.webmasterworld.com/conference/register.htm

I see SEGuru is on a panel - along with a bunch of Google, Yahoo!, Alexa, etc. folks.... but I don't see ANYTHING here justifying this $799 registration + travel + hotel + meals, etc.

Anyone ever attend this thing? Does it get a lot of traffic? Are mainstream/eCommerce folks STILL willing to sink this much $$$ in for educational conferences? I really kind of thought that with the death of Comdex the rates would at least drop for these mainstream thingies...

I think you can learn how to optimize your radio stream for search engines if you listen to that panel...

Dravyk
11-17-2004, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by kath@Nov 17 2004, 12:38 AM

Kath, check out the Calendar of Events at MW for more strangeness:

http://www.mainstreamwebmasters.com/gate.h...alender&op=list (http://www.mainstreamwebmasters.com/gate.html?name=Kalender&op=list)

Here's the bizarre thing ... the conferences to hear the speakers at these things often cost twice as much, yep, $1,400-$1,700 ... but to go through the exhibit hall only is between free and $25-$50.

Nickatilynx
11-17-2004, 11:30 AM
I wonder how much we could charge for seminars entitled..

""Make a million from Adult Webmasters"

Learn from GENUINE Millionaire Pioneers in the Adult Web
(audited accounts and tax bills available)

Panel consisting of .....

2 days all inclusive lectures and seminars , attendees afterwards will be offered our gold level package to include hosting , content and initial traffic all for the low low cost of $ ?????

Seminars to be held in San Diego ,LA ,Vegas,San Fran , Portland , Seattle ,Rapid City, Chicago ,eytc etc..

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

had this idea before ,with JD of Wetlands, now might be the time to do it...

At the time I was gonna approach Greenguy ,Tommy , and some others...

I mean , isn't it about time that panelists proved there credentials?

gonzo
11-17-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Nov 17 2004, 11:31 AM
I wonder how much we could charge for seminars entitled..

""Make a million from Adult Webmasters"

Learn from GENUINE Millionaire Pioneers in the Adult Web
(audited accounts and tax bills available)

Panel consisting of .....

2 days all inclusive lectures and seminars , attendees afterwards will be offered our gold level package to include hosting , content and initial traffic all for the low low cost of $ ?????

Seminars to be held in San Diego ,LA ,Vegas,San Fran , Portland , Seattle ,Rapid City, Chicago ,eytc etc..

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

had this idea before ,with JD of Wetlands, now might be the time to do it...

At the time I was gonna approach Greenguy ,Tommy , and some others...

I mean , isn't it about time that panelists proved there credentials?
24 Hours removed and what are those words ringing in my head?

Wibble