PDA

View Full Version : US does not feel like home....

Mike AI
11-11-2004, 12:19 PM
Man these people are providing unlimited laughing opportunities....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=235904&page=1

Thanks!!

Winetalk.com
11-11-2004, 12:28 PM
hey! what so funny????

We started contemplating move to Italy 18 months BEFORE thye election!!!!!
;-)))

Mike AI
11-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Nov 11 2004, 12:29 PM
hey! what so funny????

;-)))

You are a leader Serge!!

Winetalk.com
11-11-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Nov 11 2004, 12:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Nov 11 2004, 12:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Serge_Oprano@Nov 11 2004, 12:29 PM
hey! what so funny????

;-)))

You are a leader Serge!! [/b][/quote]
stop blowing smoke up my ass,
you know I'll have a spare bedroom for you regardless
;-)))

Vick
11-11-2004, 12:47 PM
Pigs in Zen

If you're not familiar and wish to understand this obscure reference please see the first Jane's Addiction record - or not

XXXPhoto
11-11-2004, 12:49 PM
Yeah Mike, that fellow from Laramie, WY has no clue what close minded people can do... Matthew Shepard ring any bells?

You just go on laughing though...

SykkBoy
11-11-2004, 01:08 PM
I wonder who these gentle Christian folk feel about the election results?
http://www.godhatesfags.com/

XXXPhoto
11-11-2004, 01:32 PM
Always wondered about Topeka's zip prefix... 666...

kath
11-12-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Nov 11 2004, 10:09 AM
These people are sick in the head. Darren Austin had them on his radio show once and I was just shocked at the things they said - well, it wasn't what they said as much as HOW they said it...

*shudder* :huh:

SykkBoy
11-12-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by kath+Nov 12 2004, 01:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kath @ Nov 12 2004, 01:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SykkBoy@Nov 11 2004, 10:09 AM
These people are sick in the head. Darren Austin had them on his radio show once and I was just shocked at the things they said - well, it wasn't what they said as much as HOW they said it...

*shudder* :huh: [/b][/quote]
yeah, what bothers me most isn't just what they say (hey, they are as entitled to free speech as anyone else) it's that they attend these hate rallies with their small children

JR
11-12-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by XXXPhoto@Nov 11 2004, 09:50 AM
Yeah Mike, that fellow from Laramie, WY has no clue what close minded people can do... Matthew Shepard ring any bells?

I have a friend who is black and went to the University of Wyoming on a ski scholoarship. He kept complaining about racism and I kept telling him it was all in his mind... then he came home for Christmas break with a traffic ticket for "aiding and abetting a moving violation" for allegedly suggesting to his friend (the driver) to make an illegal turn.

:o

kath
11-12-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy+Nov 12 2004, 10:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SykkBoy @ Nov 12 2004, 10:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by kath@Nov 12 2004, 01:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SykkBoy@Nov 11 2004, 10:09 AM

*shudder* :huh:
yeah, what bothers me most isn't just what they say (hey, they are as entitled to free speech as anyone else) it's that they attend these hate rallies with their small children [/b][/quote]
I know! :o

Well, the people in charge of this organization are father/daughter - surely this degree of extreme hatred - and convolution of religion to validate that hatred - starts at home.

Can you imagine the amount of programming that goes into these childrens' heads by attending these things, by hearing this hate day in and day out - and of having it twisted and intertwined with such a deeply personal thing as religion? Jesus loves you - but God hates fags... SICK.

kath
11-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by JR+Nov 12 2004, 10:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JR @ Nov 12 2004, 10:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-XXXPhoto@Nov 11 2004, 09:50 AM

I have a friend who is black and went to the University of Wyoming on a ski scholoarship. He kept complaining about racism and I kept telling him it was all in his mind... then he came home for Christmas break with a traffic ticket for "aiding and abetting a moving violation" for allegedly suggesting to his friend (the driver) to make an illegal turn.

:o [/b][/quote]
WTF??? :rolleyes:

I guess they're just a little more creative in Wyoming than to just come right out with a DWB (driving while black) charge like we see in the big cities.

I feel like we're playing a giant nationwide game of Simon Says and someone just yelled out - TAKE THREE GIANT STEPS BACKWARDS!!!

:ph34r:

SykkBoy
11-12-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by JR+Nov 12 2004, 01:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JR @ Nov 12 2004, 01:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-XXXPhoto@Nov 11 2004, 09:50 AM

:o [/b][/quote]
Wyoming is generally very subtle in it's racism
unless it's the Indians

Where I grew up (population of about 12000 before the Atlantic City iron ore mines went byebye and about 7000 after), there was one black family, maybe 25 hispanics and the rest were white or indian (thought the issues between the Arapahoes and Shoshones was worse than the racism between the indians and the whites).

Most of Wyoming is that way, the minority population (outside of indians) is just really small...so a lot of the racism stems from ignorance.

Homophobia runs even deeper..a shitload of Mormons and Catholics in that state and of course just a bunch of good old boy rednecks who are fine with sheepfuckers, but better make sure it's not a male sheep yer fuckin' ;-)

I grew up learning and respecting the Shoshone and Arapahoe cultures but had very little contact with other races until I got older.

Anthony
11-12-2004, 03:39 PM
As an asian male, I found more racism and discrimination in BC Canada than Florida, US.

dig420
11-12-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Nov 11 2004, 12:20 PM
Man these people are providing unlimited laughing opportunities....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=235904&page=1

Thanks!!
well put yourself in our place Mike. The Religious Right and Deep South bigots have elected a President who:

got caught lying over and over (about Iraq and AQ etc)
cheated and STILL lost in a debate (little box on back)
is willfully ignorant (doesn't read the paper)
is a lifelong failure (never succeeded in anything but had daddy on his side)
can't speak clearly, no diplomatic skills
torpedoes the economy
takes us to war for no good reason
is an apocalyptic religious freak, prefers religious dogma over science
is an idiot in general (supported TIPS program)

There was NO reason to vote for Bush. His first term was a disaster, he's been a joke his whole life. Basically this election said to us that the backwards people - the rednecks, religious freaks and racists - outnumber us and they're gonna take this country to hell if they want to and there's not a damn thing we can do about it. You might as well have elected David Duke, it sends the same message.

A lot of people are thinking it's a better idea to watch this country turn into a police state from a distance.

Nickatilynx
11-12-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Anthony@Nov 12 2004, 12:40 PM
As an asian male, I found more racism and discrimination in BC Canada than Florida, US.
Only from me!!! ;-))

Oh and when Tom at NatNet came up , lol , what a wanker.

Evil Chris
11-12-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Anthony@Nov 12 2004, 04:40 PM
Oh that's just wong Anthony. :awinky:

Anthony
11-12-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Nov 12 2004, 12:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Nov 12 2004, 12:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Anthony@Nov 12 2004, 12:40 PM
Only from me!!! ;-))

Oh and when Tom at NatNet came up , lol , what a wanker. [/b][/quote]
All joking aside.

Remember when we went up to Whistler? You in the S with the kids, me and Red in the ML behind you?

Who got stopped and almost strip searched? Not the white man in the black mercedes.

That's just one that sticks out right now.

Hell, even the fucking filipino's were racist up there. I used to fill up every other day that fucking Viper, and the flips behind the counter used to talkk shit to me about the rich chink and how much he spent on gas. They stopped when one day I got tired of it and answered them back.

Nickatilynx
11-12-2004, 04:11 PM
I think it isn't so much racial profiling as...

Two young guys in a ML benz , listening to rap.

funnily enuff in the ESV a few weeks back with a wigga in a baseball cap in the car and 2 women in the back , I got stopped.

when the cop came to the side window his first words were "Oh sorry , you looked younger from the back"

ie he saw big haired woman and a guy in a BB cap and profiled us through age...

but yeah maybe its true...

actually remember at the shopping center that night when you were grabbed in the viper for no turn signal...

I think though if you drive tasty cars and are young you will be stopped...

thats just the way it is
somethings will never change

Diamond Jim
11-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by dig420@Nov 12 2004, 03:43 PM
There was NO reason to vote for Bush.
I totally agree with that. So I didn't.

So the only option was to vote against him? Kerry is somehow better?

Ick.

I ain't moving, I just ain't voting...

The country of DJ now formed. Visa's issues to those bringing a bottle of 82 Petrus..

dig420
11-12-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Diamond Jim+Nov 12 2004, 04:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Diamond Jim @ Nov 12 2004, 04:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dig420@Nov 12 2004, 03:43 PM
There was NO reason to vote for Bush.
I totally agree with that. So I didn't.

So the only option was to vote against him? Kerry is somehow better?

Ick.

I ain't moving, I just ain't voting...

The country of DJ now formed. Visa's issues to those bringing a bottle of 82 Petrus.. [/b][/quote]
sounds like a good plan to me ;)

DrGuile
11-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Nov 12 2004, 04:12 PM

funnily enuff in the ESV a few weeks back with a wigga in a baseball cap in the car and 2 women in the back , I got stopped.

when the cop came to the side window his first words were "Oh sorry , you looked younger from the back"

actually remember at the shopping center that night when you were grabbed in the viper for no turn signal...

thats just the way it is
Oh the infinite misery of the rich....

Id would LOVE to be pulled over in a VIper or a black Mercedes....

everyday if I have to....

:agrin:

JoesHO
11-12-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Anthony@Nov 12 2004, 12:40 PM
really? wow I would have bet it was the other way ten times out of ten, I lived in florida, and am married to a filipina.

gigi
11-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Nov 12 2004, 01:12 PM

thats just the way it is
Agreed. Vancouver cops are ALL about pullin' over nice cars and young people. Most of the cops in Van are power hungry and love to pull rank....it's alot easier to do on young guys....and even more fun on young RICH guys. ;)

gigi
11-12-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1+Nov 12 2004, 03:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JoesHO1 @ Nov 12 2004, 03:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Anthony@Nov 12 2004, 12:40 PM
really? wow I would have bet it was the other way ten times out of ten, I lived in florida, and am married to a filipina. [/b][/quote]
Well, Vancouver has developed a real problem with gangs....and Asian gangs are certainly not exempt. Vancouver has a large population of Asians....I don't know the specifics, but if I were to guess, I'd say 1/4 of the pop....maybe more....how does that compare to FL?

gigi
11-12-2004, 07:36 PM
As for the thread topic....

You guys have repeatedly said that if some US citizens don't like it, they should leave....looks like they've listened. ;)