PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay Lightning

Evil Chris
11-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Anyone else missing hockey as much as I am?

Mike, if you want to follow your favourite Tampa Bay players:

Martin St. Louis is playing for Lausanne in Switzerland
http://www.lausannehockeyclub.ch/

Vincent Lecavalier and Brad Richards are playing in Russia!
http://www.ak-bars.ru/

Serge, you'll have to translate that page for us. B)

Mike AI
11-08-2004, 10:19 AM
I am very dissapointed with no NHL - especially still holding the cup, and having a great team. I am stuck with the shitty Saints, and sucky Hornets to pull for!

:(

Turner
11-08-2004, 12:05 PM
The lack of hockey is very concerning up here (not that Vancouver was going to do much this year... just like every year) We are stuck with the CFL!

:blink:

Evil Chris
11-08-2004, 02:03 PM
Tell me about it. It sucks donkey balls.
I miss my Saturday night double header dose of hockey.

The league is holding strong. My feeling is that the players are going to start putting pressure on their union (NHLPA) to make a few moves.

Turner
11-08-2004, 05:22 PM
The owners need to start running things better and the players need to realize that they can't expect a high salary for what they do. They are not in the same league as other sports...

Go Lions!
B)

Hell Puppy
11-08-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Nov 8 2004, 10:20 AM
I am very dissapointed with no NHL - especially still holding the cup, and having a great team. I am stuck with the shitty Saints, and sucky Hornets to pull for!

At least here in Atlanta we have an ECHL (minor league) franchise out in the 'burbs. They're still playing.

Evil Chris
11-09-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Turner@Nov 8 2004, 06:23 PM
The owners need to start running things better and the players need to realize that they can't expect a high salary for what they do. They are not in the same league as other sports...

Go Lions!
B)
Absolutely right Turner...
But the players have turned into a bunch of kids, and the owners need to stop giving them everything they cry for. It appears that is where we are at right now.

Evil Chris
11-09-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Nov 8 2004, 10:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Nov 8 2004, 10:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mike AI@Nov 8 2004, 10:20 AM

At least here in Atlanta we have an ECHL (minor league) franchise out in the 'burbs. They're still playing. [/b][/quote]
Junior hockey is great. I caught a St. Johns (Newfoundland bye!) Maple Leafs game the other night on Sportsnet.