PDA

View Full Version : 380 tons or 760,000 pounds

sarettah
10-26-2004, 02:33 PM
If you call it 380 tons it sounds like a manageable number, if you call it 760,000 pounds it sounds outrageous...

The press and both parties are calling it 380 tons so the republicans win on the spin machine...

The dems need better spin...

Mike AI
10-26-2004, 02:39 PM
I guess you did not read that the explosives were removed BEFORE US troops invaded Iraq. This is the reality. This news is OLD. The mainstream liberal media, was trying to concoct their own October surprise.

It looks like it may just backfire!!

Take a read...

http://drudgereport.com/nbcw6.htm

Liberals have had a monopoly over media for so long, they have gotten lazy. With advent of cable, talk radio and internet - liberals no longer have control over information.

Do you smell it??

I do....

The smell is getting stronger and stronger....

Smells like desperation......

sarettah
10-26-2004, 04:40 PM
I smell republican bullshit...

Yes, I read it earlier today and it begets the facts.

Fact 1 is that the inspectorsb had found the weapons.

Fact 2 is that prior to going in, we knew the weapons were there and damn sure should have been keeping an eye on them.

Fact 3 is that when they were moved prior top us getting to Baghdad we should have been able to watch them being moved and we should know where they were moved to.

So, whether they were moved before we got to Baghdad or after, we should be able to say where they are. Our intelligence is not that poor.

TheEnforcer
10-26-2004, 04:41 PM
Actually tons is better because the average joe has no clue how many poubds are in a ton and porbably think it's much more than 2000.

mojobill
10-26-2004, 05:24 PM
Fact 3 is that when they were moved prior top us getting to Baghdad we should have been able to watch them being moved and we should know where they were moved to.

They were a tad bit busy at the time, as I recall ;-)

Mike AI
10-26-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by sarettah@Oct 26 2004, 03:41 PM

Fact 2 is that prior to going in, we knew the weapons were there and damn sure should have been keeping an eye on them.

So, whether they were moved before we got to Baghdad or after, we should be able to say where they are. Our intelligence is not that poor.

My friend you are blind...

The embedded reporter first on the scene reported the facility was already empty when troops got there.

Funny how liberals want it both ways. They don't want war, they do everything they can to undermine the effort - yet when something goes wrong, they had a "plan" that would have solved the problem efficiently....

Get over it. The story is over a year old....

The liberals better keep on digging for a fresh october surprise since they have been outed on this one!

tick tock tick tock - time is running out.

sarettah
10-26-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by fatbaby@Oct 26 2004, 04:25 PM

They were a tad bit busy at the time, as I recall ;-)
satellite imagery, spyplanes, humint is how they should have been watched.

sarettah
10-26-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Oct 26 2004, 05:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Oct 26 2004, 05:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sarettah@Oct 26 2004, 03:41 PM

My friend you are blind...

The embedded reporter first on the scene reported the facility was already empty when troops got there.

Funny how liberals want it both ways. They don't want war, they do everything they can to undermine the effort - yet when something goes wrong, they had a "plan" that would have solved the problem efficiently....

Get over it. The story is over a year old....

The liberals better keep on digging for a fresh october surprise since they have been outed on this one!

tick tock tick tock - time is running out. [/b][/quote]
Fuck I hate when my threads get turned... grrr..... :yowsa:

I started this thread merely to state that the republicans are better at marketing then the dems in that if this were the other way around that the reps would have stated 760,000 pounds of explosives rather than the 380tons that is/was being reported because 760,000 pounds sounds a lot more massive to the ear than 380 tons....

But I let you sidetrack me Mike... dammit....

Having had a job in the military where I was part of "Intelligence" I find it ridiculous that once a weapons depot has been identified that it is not under constant (and I mean constant) surveillance. There is an excuse for it on some countries because we do not have much humint in certain countries. Iraq should not be one of those countries because there was a sizable (probably still is) Iraqi college student population in the U.S. and these are prime targets for the CIA and the other various intelligence agencies for recruitment. We should have had agents out the ass in Iraq and we had the air space totally under control for the past 13 years. So, in my ever so humble opinion, I think that there is absolutely no excuse in any way for the magic disappearing weapons, the magic disappearing WMDS, the magic disappearing mobile bio labs or any of the other crap we have been being fed for the past several years.

It is bullshit pure and simple.

Mike AI
10-26-2004, 08:21 PM
Sarattah, I have been snooping around the net. There is over 140,000 tons of unaccounted for explosives and ordinance.

This is old news, held back to try and embarass Bush, and turn tide of election.

The thing is, after CBS's forged documents, the public is on alert for these issues. This is going to possibly turn and bite the liberalmedia and Kerry in the ass.

( Kerry just happened to have a TV commercial ready to go 24 hours after NYT breaks "story" )

slavdogg
10-26-2004, 08:31 PM
makreting 102
380 tons sounds a lot more to me than 700k pounds

gonzo
10-26-2004, 10:37 PM
Act NOW only $9.95

[dont pay attention to the three $20 prechecked cross sales]

TheEnforcer
10-26-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by slavdogg@Oct 26 2004, 07:32 PM
makreting 102
380 tons sounds a lot more to me than 700k pounds
That's what i said! :rokk:

Nickatilynx
10-26-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Oct 26 2004, 06:38 PM
Act NOW only $9.95

You've seen my sites?

;-)))

gonzo
10-26-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Oct 26 2004, 10:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Oct 26 2004, 10:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gonzo@Oct 26 2004, 06:38 PM
Act NOW only $9.95

You've seen my sites?

;-))) [/b][/quote]
hahahaha they make my nasty old GonZo sites look like Mike W was working for me.

Nickatilynx
10-26-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+Oct 26 2004, 07:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Oct 26 2004, 07:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Oct 26 2004, 10:44 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-gonzo@Oct 26 2004, 06:38 PM
Act NOW only $9.95

You've seen my sites?

;-)))
hahahaha they make my nasty old GonZo sites look like Mike W was working for me. [/b][/quote]
There be two schools of thought on wed design...

there be them that think they should be pretty well thought out and professional...

then of course there are my sites ;-)))

Ever tried spamm...errr sending traffic direct to a join form?

;-)))

My idea of heaven...

1.) Send Traffic to a join form ..
2.) members area with "Under Construction" and a java script always making the date marked by xx 36 hours ahead and saying "200,000 pictures and videos being added XXXX 2004 at XX pm , check back then , it'll be worth it"

;-)))