PDA

View Full Version : Should Republicans Vote Kerry?

Buff
10-22-2004, 10:31 AM
I've seen this argument making the rounds: If Kerry loses, Hillary will likely be the Democratic Nominee in '08. If he wins, she likely won't run until 2012, if at all.

Mike AI
10-22-2004, 10:37 AM
Cannot look the far down the line.

Kerry needs to be defeated now.

The bride of frankenstein can be defeated in 08.... The republican's have perfect antidote - Guiliani!

Mike AI
10-22-2004, 10:39 AM
My biggest fears with Kerry as President in National Security,and the leftists he would appoint to the Supreme Court.

Buff, suck it up and vote for Bush - Louisiana is going that way anyway. Do you really want to vote the same way as Orleans Parish?

Buff
10-22-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Oct 22 2004, 08:40 AM
My biggest fears with Kerry as President in National Security,and the leftists he would appoint to the Supreme Court.

Buff, suck it up and vote for Bush - Louisiana is going that way anyway. Do you really want to vote the same way as Orleans Parish?
Mike, I voted Democrat once in my life: Edwards the crook over Duke the NAZI.

I wouldn't vote for Kerry even if he really did earn those 3 fake Purple Hearts. I was just saying that I have heard that argument. Please. I can't believe you think there's a chance I'd vote Kerry. hahaha God damn.

Sharpie
10-22-2004, 12:15 PM
"leftists he would appoint to the Supreme Court."

My concern is too many people like Ashcroft in the surpreme court. They need to maintain a balance.

Sharpie
10-22-2004, 12:19 PM
P.S. - I have never voted Democrat. In my mind Republicans have always been for 'business & the Democrats for unions & welfare.

But, I don't like the strong religious right in the Republician party right now. They want me to give up too many of my rights.....

Peaches
10-22-2004, 12:30 PM
Let's not forget, a president only nominates someone for the supreme court.

Hell Puppy
10-23-2004, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Oct 22 2004, 11:31 AM
Let's not forget, a president only nominates someone for the supreme court.
Attorney Generals require approval as well and we still ended up with a right wing religious zealot in that office...

Damned shame the media gives Libertarians no coverage, it's a perfect year for them to present an alternative. The big two both suck.

Kerry is one of the most liberal men in congress and believes most problems are best solved by more government. And regardless of his actions in the war on terror, putting him in office is a posture of weakness to those who would like to see our society destroyed.

Bush may be better from a national security standpoint, although he really needs to read Sun Tzu and quit pussyfooting around. But he spends money like a democrat. And the prospect of up to 4 new Supreme Court Justices in the Ashcroft or Scalia mold is almost as scary as Ashcroft off his leash without his boss having to worry about reelection.

XXXPhoto
10-23-2004, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Oct 22 2004, 10:15 PM

Bush may be better from a national security standpoint, although he really needs to read Sun Tzu and quit pussyfooting around. But he spends money like a democrat. And the prospect of up to 4 new Supreme Court Justices in the Ashcroft or Scalia mold is almost as scary as Ashcroft off his leash without his boss having to worry about reelection.
HP,

He might spend like one but he don't pay his debts...

Hell Puppy
10-23-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by XXXPhoto+Oct 23 2004, 05:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (XXXPhoto @ Oct 23 2004, 05:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Hell Puppy@Oct 22 2004, 10:15 PM

HP,

He might spend like one but he don't pay his debts... [/b][/quote]
I'll agree that he spends too much, I'd rather see a much smaller government.

However, the way to pay for what is being spent is NOT more taxes. Not even on the wealthiest 10%...

Bush counts on paying for it through growth of the economy. The actual $ number of the deficit is not the important figure....the important figure is the percentage of the total budget.

JR
10-23-2004, 08:29 AM
http://www.youre.nu/images/bushkerry.jpg

XXXPhoto
10-23-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Oct 23 2004, 04:04 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Oct 23 2004, 04:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by XXXPhoto@Oct 23 2004, 05:41 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Hell Puppy@Oct 22 2004, 10:15 PM

HP,

He might spend like one but he don't pay his debts...
I'll agree that he spends too much, I'd rather see a much smaller government.

However, the way to pay for what is being spent is NOT more taxes. Not even on the wealthiest 10%...

Bush counts on paying for it through growth of the economy. The actual $ number of the deficit is not the important figure....the important figure is the percentage of the total budget. [/b][/quote]
HP,

Correct on the percentage vs actual number; someone was paying attention in economics class...lol... However, even using the percentage; were you ever on a backyard swingset as a kid going higher and higher then the fucker tipped over on you?

RawAlex
10-23-2004, 04:49 PM
Should a republican vote for Kerry? Damn straight!

Bush has shown to be worse than a tax and spend liberal, he is a "tax and bill later" conservative that is spending the future now, and doing a right poor job of it.

If Bush is the best conservative candidate, you all have a problem.

Vote for man, get rid of the boy.

:-)

Alex