PDA

View Full Version : InterCosmos Media Group makes national rankings.

Mike AI
10-20-2004, 11:10 AM
Deloitte and Inc. Magazine

Congratulations, to all Intercosmos employees. Your hard work has enabled phenomenal grow during our short existence as a company. Today Intercosmos was listed on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 list and Intercosmos was listed on Inc., magazine’s Top 500 List. These two well-respected lists show how Intercosmos measures up to other companies.

Deloitte’s Fast 500 List

I am attaching the press releases that we are sending out today about our ranking of 50th on the Deliotte Fast 500 list.

Here is how Intercosmos compared to our main competitors:
GoDaddy ranked #35
Intercosmos ranked #50
Register.com ranked #223
Verisign ranked #188

Of course Google ranked #1.

Here is a link to the full Deloitte Fast 500 list: http://www.deloitte.com/dtt/cda/doc/conten...0FINAL2-low.pdf (http://www.deloitte.com/dtt/cda/doc/content/2004%20Fast%20500%20FINAL2-low.pdf).

Inc. 500

Each year, Inc. magazine publishes the Inc. 500, a list of the nation’s fastest growing privately held companies. Today Inc. magazine announced the list and Intercosmos was ranked 68th.

All credit for these amazing achievements go to the dedicated staff at InterCosmos, and the wonderful management of Sig.

Vick
10-20-2004, 11:16 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Bravo and great to see!!!

Well done all at Intercomos

Peaches
10-20-2004, 11:22 AM
WOW! Very impressive! :)

Are you hiring? :awinky:

Mike AI
10-20-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Oct 20 2004, 10:23 AM

You have to talk to Sig.

I have sent my resume in a few times, and have not gotten a response.

<_<

Peaches
10-20-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Oct 20 2004, 11:29 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Oct 20 2004, 11:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Peaches@Oct 20 2004, 10:23 AM

You have to talk to Sig.

<_< [/b][/quote]
Sig's tough! But I have boobies :nyanya:

Mike AI
10-20-2004, 12:16 PM
Here is the official Press Release:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041020/daw019_1.html

Intercosmos Hits No. 50 on Deloitte Technology Fast 500; Only Company Named From Louisiana
Wednesday October 20, 11:00 am ET

NEW ORLEANS, Oct. 20 /PRNewswire/ -- New Orleans Internet domain seller Intercosmos Media Group, Inc. just hit another high-tech milestone.
The company was ranked No. 50 in the national Deloitte Technology Fast 500, a prestigious annual listing of the 500 fastest growing technology companies in North America.

"The recognition just re-affirms that we didn't survive the dot com bust out of luck," said CEO Sigmund Solares, an entrepreneurial attorney with a master's degree in business administration. "Our company has grown more than 5,000 percent because we've managed our growth well and we listen to our customers' needs."

Intercosmos saddled its first wave of success in early 2000 with the creation of the popular directNIC.com domain name registration portal.

The Deloitte rankings, which include Google.com at No. 1 followed by the likes of Therasense, now part of Abbot Laboratories and other domain registrars including GoDaddy.com, Register.com, and Verisign, are based on percentage revenue growth over five years.

Notably, Intercosmos is the only Louisiana company to make the 500-strong list.

"Since most of our clients are national and a significant portion are international, many people in Louisiana don't realize directNIC.com is located in downtown New Orleans -- not exactly Silicon Valley," Solares said. "In fact, our sister company, Zipa.com, purchased the local assets of Enron Broadband when they went under, and directNIC.com now is hosted in a massive, secure datacenter near the French Quarter."

Intercosmos' directNIC.com has become one of the Top 10 largest domain name registration sites in the world.

"We started directNIC to be the first domain name registrar to offer low- cost domain names coupled with powerful, free webmastering tools like free hosting," CEO Sigmund Solares said. "Our competition when we started was overpriced and their domain management platforms were clunky. Not much has changed in some regards, but we like to think we spawned many of the low cost alternatives in the industry."

While the company may have helped start the price drop on domain names, it has held firm to its $15 registration price set in early 2000. "We've done this by constantly striving to increase the reliability and value of our services," Solares said.

"It's been a good model for Intercosmos," Solares said. "Our next frontier is the paid hosting market."

grimm
10-20-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Oct 20 2004, 07:11 AM

Congratulations, to all Intercosmos employees. Your hard work has enabled phenomenal grow during our short existence as a company. Today Intercosmos was listed on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 list and Intercosmos was listed on Inc., magazine’s Top 500 List. These two well-respected lists show how Intercosmos measures up to other companies.

Deloitte’s Fast 500 List

I am attaching the press releases that we are sending out today about our ranking of 50th on the Deliotte Fast 500 list.

GoDaddy ranked #35
Intercosmos ranked #50
Register.com ranked #223
Verisign ranked #188

Here is a link to the full Deloitte Fast 500 list: http://www.deloitte.com/dtt/cda/doc/conten...0FINAL2-low.pdf (http://www.deloitte.com/dtt/cda/doc/content/2004%20Fast%20500%20FINAL2-low.pdf).

Inc. 500

Each year, Inc. magazine publishes the Inc. 500, a list of the nation’s fastest growing privately held companies. Today Inc. magazine announced the list and Intercosmos was ranked 68th.

All credit for these amazing achievements go to the dedicated staff at InterCosmos, and the wonderful management of Sig.
So i guess we are allowed to let the cat out of the bag? A big thanks to all of the great employees of Intercosmos Media Group, with a special big pat on the back to Sigmund, our CEO. Its been a long, strange and fun ride. Here's to the future and opportunity to show that business can be done the RIGHT way, even on the internet;)

I think this group of people at Oprano can appreciate that, since that is what i largely see around my virtual self here:)

Mike AI
10-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by grimm+Oct 20 2004, 11:19 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ Oct 20 2004, 11:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mike AI@Oct 20 2004, 07:11 AM

Deloitte’s Fast 500 List

GoDaddy ranked #35
Intercosmos ranked #50
Register.com ranked #223
Verisign ranked #188

Inc. 500

So i guess we are allowed to let the cat out of the bag? A big thanks to all of the great employees of Intercosmos Media Group, with a special big pat on the back to Sigmund, our CEO. Its been a long, strange and fun ride. Here's to the future and opportunity to show that business can be done the RIGHT way, even on the internet;)

I think this group of people at Oprano can appreciate that, since that is what i largely see around my virtual self here:) [/b][/quote]

Yeah I asked El Jefe, and he said it was ok.

The pussy is officially out the bag.

Congradulations Grimm.... I am proud to have you as a partner.

Nickatilynx
10-20-2004, 12:21 PM
Absolutely fantastic.

Congrats to all involved :)

gonzo
10-20-2004, 12:22 PM
Thank You directnic for being a place where I can register my domains and not worry about you stealing them. Special thanks for helping me move gonzo.com earlier this year and make changes to the record to accomidate those cocksuckers at Jettis.

grimm
10-20-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Oct 20 2004, 07:32 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Oct 20 2004, 07:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Mike AI@Oct 20 2004, 11:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Peaches@Oct 20 2004, 10:23 AM

You have to talk to Sig.

<_<
Sig's tough! But I have boobies :nyanya: [/b][/quote]
sig is tough, boobies dont have the effect on him the way they do on say.... me. he can fight his way through the mammarian haze. me, my will fails me:)

grimm
10-20-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Oct 20 2004, 08:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Oct 20 2004, 08:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by grimm@Oct 20 2004, 11:19 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Mike AI@Oct 20 2004, 07:11 AM

Deloitte’s Fast 500 List

GoDaddy ranked #35
Intercosmos ranked #50
Register.com ranked #223
Verisign ranked #188

Inc. 500

I think this group of people at Oprano can appreciate that, since that is what i largely see around my virtual self here:)

Yeah I asked El Jefe, and he said it was ok.

The pussy is officially out the bag.

Congradulations Grimm.... I am proud to have you as a partner. [/b][/quote]
Right back atcha man. Who knew when we started way back when at that hotel in phoenix... WE have one hell of a CEO, and a great set opf partners to thank.

grimm
10-20-2004, 12:30 PM
Not to mention a damn fine group of individuals that bust their ass for Intercosmos every day. A Big congrats to them. If sig is the heart, then they are the lifeblood. Im the stomach, and noah is the liver, and MikeAI is all of them. (im running out of organs:)

sextoyking
10-20-2004, 12:39 PM
Congrats Mike, Grimm and Et Al :)

You guys have come along way and still kept your pricing point, and added new services along the way!!!

Mike AI
10-20-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by grimm@Oct 20 2004, 11:31 AM
Not to mention a damn fine group of individuals that bust their ass for Intercosmos every day. A Big congrats to them. If sig is the heart, then they are the lifeblood. Im the stomach, and noah is the liver, and MikeAI is all of them. (im running out of organs:)

HAHAHA I can imagine what organ you first had attributed to me.... I am sure you changed it. :lol: :lol:

dantheman
10-20-2004, 12:59 PM
It's GREAT to see friends doing that well. CONGRATS to everyone involved :wnw:

mojobill
10-20-2004, 01:31 PM
Thats great recognition for a great company! Congrats to all involved!!

Turner
10-20-2004, 02:05 PM
Congrats to Mike, Grimm, Sig and the rest of the gang...

:okthumb:

grimm
10-20-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Oct 20 2004, 08:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Oct 20 2004, 08:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-grimm@Oct 20 2004, 11:31 AM

HAHAHA I can imagine what organ you first had attributed to me.... I am sure you changed it. :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
this is a family show:)