PDA

View Full Version : Gay Genes

Lee
10-16-2004, 03:25 PM
Scientists have been debating over how the homosexuality gene passes on from generation to generation considering the fact that gay men seldom have children.

Now, Italian researchers claim to have found the answer to the Darwinian paradox: they indicate that this is because women who inherit the 'gay' gene tend to have more children.

This increased fertility helps to pass on the "gay" genetic factors and also leads to the birth of homosexual men despite gay men not having children, reports New Scientist.

During the course of the study, Dr Andrea Camperio-Ciani of the University of Padua, the lead author of the study, and his team questioned 4,600 people, including gays and straight people. They found that on an average mothers and relatives of gay men had more kids than relatives of straight men.

The researchers, who have presented their study in the Royal Society Journals now saying that these factors should be partly bound to the X chromosome, because male homosexuality, associated with increased female fecundity was found only in the maternal line of homosexuals.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/5922_10...02200000215.htm (http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/5922_1058279,0015002200000215.htm)

Interesting stuff.

So in essence, the bigger your family is, the more likelyhood (it seems) that one of your siblings will be gay.

sarettah
10-16-2004, 03:29 PM
I always knew my older brother was a fucking fag. Told him over and over the whole time he used to beat the crap out of me.

:blink:

Peaches
10-16-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Lee@Oct 16 2004, 03:26 PM
So in essence, the bigger your family is, the more likelyhood (it seems) that one of your siblings will be gay.
Wouldn't that make sense without there being a gene?

If X% of the population is gay, the more popluation you have, the bigger your chance is of having a gay person in it.

JR
10-16-2004, 04:19 PM
this was already reported in the Crapistan Times.

Lee
10-16-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Oct 16 2004, 12:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Oct 16 2004, 12:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lee@Oct 16 2004, 03:26 PM
Wouldn't that make sense without there being a gene?

If X% of the population is gay, the more popluation you have, the bigger your chance is of having a gay person in it. [/b][/quote]
Yeah thats what i thought too lol

But it seem there is now [somewhat] scientific (?) proof that women who bear more children have a higher chance of having a gay son and / or daughter lol

JoesHO
10-16-2004, 05:12 PM
Hey Lee is it True if a person sucks one coock , then they are gay?

(for the record I have done nor am either)

just wanted to ask someone that cause you hear that alot, and from a technical standpoint is it a yes or no?

Rolo
10-16-2004, 06:03 PM
Everybody has at least a gay/lesbian cousin, and I´m pretty sure most of us have known about it before they told it to the world... there is no doubt in my mind that there must be a gene, which under certain sociological circumstances can make a person attracted to his/her own gender.

The impact of reseachers finding the "gay" gene is that probably in the future, someone will make and market a "gay cure"... but if someone can make a cure, wouldn´t it also be likely that they could make a "hetero" person "gay"? :unsure: (if you go clubbing, then you better watch your drink, or you might wake up gay) :awinky: