PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Bishop
10-09-2004, 12:41 PM
Old friend of the family has passed away. Lady passed and left the husband. Husband is in a wheel chair and in poor health. Their daughter lives out of state with her husband and newborn child. The daughter and son in-law both work and can't relocate to take care of her father. They are planning on getting full time inhome care for him and let him live out his days in his home of probably 50+ years.

The old man has a house next door that he rents out to a shady character. The daughter wants to know more about the guy... criminal records, etc.. I use to have a login for a service that did background checks and it was decent. I can't remember the name of it. There are several services online but some want to charge you a flat rate to look up one person and others look like they are scams that will give you a list of a million other sites to find the information for some flat fee. The service I use to use charged a flat fee for XXX number of searchs. After that it would charge a few cents per record you looked up. I can't remember the name of that service.

The daughter has ask me to do some research for her.. home healthcare for her father and background check on the tenant that lives next door to him. I'm looking now but I thought maybe one of you guys might be able to make my searching easier.

Anyone use or have used a background checking site? Which ones worked for you.. which ones sucked.

Peaches
10-09-2004, 12:51 PM
Gonzo and HP might have some contacts. I used http://knowx.com/ years and years ago. It gave me what I needed but that was at least 5 years ago.

Best of luck to your friend!

gonzo
10-09-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Oct 9 2004, 11:52 AM
Gonzo and HP might have some contacts. I used http://knowx.com/ years and years ago. It gave me what I needed but that was at least 5 years ago.

Best of luck to your friend!
KnowX is what I would recommend. IT is the web side of informationamerica.

Bishop
10-09-2004, 12:56 PM
You guys jogged my memory.. the site I always used was http://www.PublicData.com - Now I gotta do a little searching and see what I can find.. I'll have to take a look at the site you mentioned as well.

Nickatilynx
10-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Here's what I'd do.....

I'd get HPI and a few other gentleman of sturdy build.

I'd load up the Escalade and roll "mob handed" to his house

Explain that we are the new managers of the property.

Explain We were taking time out in our otherwise busy day to met him in person and ensure he is comfortable.

I would then explainto him the rules of the game.

If you mention our visit to the old man = violence.
If you are so much as a minute late with the rent = violence
We may be increasing the rent , failure to pay =violence
Advise him he has a nice looking wife/sister/daughter/son/dog/car (select which applies) and that it would be a terrible thing if some unfortunate accident was to befall them.

finally I'd explain that the mention of this visit to any authorities would result in violence...hence making him understand that he will have to work very hard to stay healthy.

;-))))

ah the good old days........

;-))))

This management technique has also been referred to as " the Brad "little weasel" Tukhman Shaw" manouvre (alledgedly)

;-))))))

Bishop
10-09-2004, 09:30 PM
HAHAHAHA LOL.. I'll have you know that I read that entire post with your accent. haha.. In my head 'Violence' was said exactly as if you where saying it. hahahaha.. damn that was funny.

Anthony
10-09-2004, 09:59 PM
HPI is no longer alive.

VHPI is now in effect! Very Huge Pacific Islander!

Man I'm getting fat.

Oh man, the good old days, when violence solved everything... Allegely!

I heard the accent too! hahahahahahahaha

JoesHO
10-10-2004, 03:55 AM
That sent a shiver down my spine, as I heard the accent too LOL

Nickatilynx
10-10-2004, 01:02 PM
oh deary deary me.....I heard laughing....I don't like laughing....

(thwack)

;-))))))))

PeerPatrick
10-11-2004, 05:59 PM
Bish, NC is not like other parts of the country. I don't think many of the folk on this board appreciate the level of backward-ass hillbilly that exists just outside the well-cultured city limits of Charlotte.

More than likely the tenants would become confused immediately after you gave them the first requirement. Subsequent edicts would be met with similar confusion and may innitiate the violent response from them immediately.

Move foreward with caution, bring a couple dogs. I think the visual effect of will translate better than any complex sentences. :salute: