PDA

View Full Version : are you happy with your occupation

Biggy
10-07-2004, 01:25 AM
did you achieve your goals? are you where you want to be at, are you happy with the progress you have made in life relative to your age and the success you always envisioned of yourself?

if you had to do it all over again, would you have made the same decisions, assuming you knew exactly and only the same information at that point in time.

Candice
10-07-2004, 07:29 AM
so far i am happy with what i'm doing and with my job..
but i have a bigger plan which is to have my own business outside adult industry.

I'll never regret anything that i did or will do.

Almighty Colin
10-07-2004, 08:06 AM
I'm glad I'm not doing anything else. My other likely "career" choices were:

1. Physics (the chicks aren't hot enough)
2. Meteorology (not enough disasters to keep me interested year 'round)
3. High school teacher (chicks are hot enough but bad pay)
4. Stockbroker (Yeah, ok. Hot chicks and good dough but yer really just a salesman)

I have no other plans. This is my life.

Lee
10-07-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Candice@Oct 7 2004, 03:30 AM
I'll never regret anything that i did or will do.
Same here :)

Life is to short to have regrets, take every day as it comes and never look back :rokk:

most importantly for me, always weigh the good over the bad, not the other way around ;)

Anthony
10-07-2004, 09:08 AM
Talking with Serge about this not too long ago.

I am happy with what I do. Always, or I don't do it.

What is more important this time, is keeping what I make. :)

DrGuile
10-07-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Colin@Oct 7 2004, 07:07 AM

Not too mention the jail time, Pervert!

:agrin:

Almighty Colin
10-07-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by DrGuile+Oct 7 2004, 08:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrGuile @ Oct 7 2004, 08:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Colin@Oct 7 2004, 07:07 AM

:agrin: [/b][/quote]
What're you talking about? I'm hot for teacher. Pervert!

DrGuile
10-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Colin+Oct 7 2004, 09:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Colin @ Oct 7 2004, 09:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by DrGuile@Oct 7 2004, 08:57 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Colin@Oct 7 2004, 07:07 AM

What're you talking about? I'm hot for teacher. Pervert! [/b][/quote]
My mind might be slightly twisted... perhaps....

but when I was in HS, the hottest girls certainly werent teachers!

Winetalk.com
10-07-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Biggy@Oct 7 2004, 12:26 AM
did you achieve your goals? are you where you want to be at, are you happy with the progress you have made in life relative to your age and the success you always envisioned of yourself?

if you had to do it all over again, would you have made the same decisions, assuming you knew exactly and only the same information at that point in time.
I am not happy with my life and very suicidal....what would you suggest I do?

Almighty Colin
Originally posted by DrGuile@Oct 7 2004, 09:03 AM
My mind might be slightly twisted... perhaps....

but when I was in HS, the hottest girls certainly werent teachers!

"Know what I love about high school girls? I get older and they stay the same age". - Dazed and Confused.

Winetalk.com
Originally posted by Anthony@Oct 7 2004, 08:09 AM

I thought we were talking about tits...never mind!
;-))))

Lee
10-07-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Oct 7 2004, 06:15 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Oct 7 2004, 06:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Biggy@Oct 7 2004, 12:26 AM

I am not happy with my life and very suicidal....what would you suggest I do? [/b][/quote]
Drink More, Post More? ;)

Peaches
10-07-2004, 10:22 AM
I've always just done whatever job needed to be done to pay the bills. A friend of my Dad's told me the other day I'm very "adaptable" and I guess he's right because I've never done anything I really didn't like. Just stick me somewhere and I'll figure out a way to enjoy it. :)

This biz is of course my favorite because I can do it from the house. Being able to work at home was my #1 priority back in the mid 90's and I was lucky enough to have a boss in audiotext that let me work part time in the office and then get home when the kid did and work from home. When the internet started kicking in it was a dream come true.

I can always say "I wish I had done this, I wish I had done that" but I've always believed that things happen for a reason and I go through every job I've had and list the people I met and know that I wouldn't have met them otherwise :okthumb:

Winetalk.com
10-07-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Lee+Oct 7 2004, 09:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lee @ Oct 7 2004, 09:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Oct 7 2004, 06:15 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Biggy@Oct 7 2004, 12:26 AM

Drink More, Post More? ;) [/b][/quote]
If I drink more, I might forget how unhappy I am....wanna save my life and send me a case of Chateau Laffit 1987?
;-)))

Lee
10-07-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Oct 7 2004, 06:29 AM
wanna save my life and send me a case of Chateau Laffit 1987?
;-)))
I keep telling people im just a po' boy from England ;)

Peaches.. im about to start harrasing you on ICQ about something too ;)

Winetalk.com
10-07-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Lee+Oct 7 2004, 09:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lee @ Oct 7 2004, 09:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Serge_Oprano@Oct 7 2004, 06:29 AM
wanna save my life and send me a case of Chateau Laffit 1987?
;-)))
I keep telling people im just a po' boy from England ;)

Peaches.. im about to start harrasing you on ICQ about something too ;) [/b][/quote]
just stay away from her ass!
I was there first!
;-)))

Winetalk.com
10-07-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Anthony@Oct 7 2004, 08:09 AM

If a life of wine, women and song becomes too much, give up the singing. ~Anonymous

Jesse_DD
10-07-2004, 11:20 AM
I am never happy (or content) with work related things - I think I need a pill for that!

Anthony
10-07-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Oct 7 2004, 06:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Oct 7 2004, 06:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Anthony@Oct 7 2004, 08:09 AM

If a life of wine, women and song becomes too much, give up the singing. ~Anonymous [/b][/quote]
Amen.

Anthony
10-07-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Oct 7 2004, 06:29 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Oct 7 2004, 06:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Lee@Oct 7 2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Oct 7 2004, 06:15 AM

If I drink more, I might forget how unhappy I am....wanna save my life and send me a case of Chateau Laffit 1987?
;-))) [/b][/quote]
I thought 1986 was the year to get?!

gonzo
10-07-2004, 12:11 PM
....whiskey for my men and beer for my horses.

Almighty Colin
10-07-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Oct 7 2004, 11:12 AM
....whiskey for my men and beer for my horses.
Whores for MY men, a cheer for the horses.

Vick
10-07-2004, 12:30 PM
Hot wax drippin'
Honey what do you say
I got a brand new record
That I gotta play
She said not now boy
But I did anyway
and I'm ready, so ready

Lip smackin' paddy wackin'
walkin' the street
I got a rag top chevy
now I'm back on my feet
I get an EMHO woody
when I sit in the seat
cause I'm ready, so ready

I got a girlfriend with the hoochy-coochy eyes
cause in the pink she look so fine
She got the cracker jack now all I wants the prize

I'm the Denis Leary theory of happiness
Happiness comes in little 5 second increments
Chocolate Chip Cookie, a good smoke, a great orgasm

Now that's why I'm getting stupid
I'm fucking my brains out after that little bit of happiness

and yes I know this has nothing to do with business

on one hand I'm thrilled with the new challenges
on the other I'm bored to tears and beyond with image correction, HTML and certain other assorted jobs
so yes and no

But much like Peaches I love that fact I get to stay home with my son

I shove my tongue
right between your cheeks
I haven't made love now
for twenty-five weeks
I hear that your so tight
your lovin' squeaks
and I'm ready, so ready
YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

*KK*
10-07-2004, 01:34 PM
If you don't like what you're doing, do something else.

If you're totally happy with what you've achieved, you didn't set your goals high enough.

:)

Winetalk.com
10-07-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Anthony+Oct 7 2004, 11:06 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Anthony @ Oct 7 2004, 11:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Oct 7 2004, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Lee@Oct 7 2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Oct 7 2004, 06:15 AM

;-)))
I thought 1986 was the year to get?! [/b][/quote]
ok, ok,
my hand is bended,
I never tried either or..
YOU can get me 86!
;-)))

dantheman
10-07-2004, 02:18 PM
good friends, good job, good women and I'm heading off tomorrow for 5 days on the east coast fishing.............Does life get better? :)

XXXPhoto
10-07-2004, 02:53 PM
IMO if someone is truly happy with their life then they aren't looking hard enough...

cj
10-07-2004, 07:24 PM
what's with all these 'if you are happy you aren't looking hard enough' type of comments ?! :unsure:

if you are truly happy, you've achieved the secret of life ... everything else is icing and sprinkles!

XXXPhoto
10-07-2004, 10:51 PM
CJ,

If someone is 'truly' happy then it's my opinion they lack imagination or the desire to use it. That's neither a slam on those who think they are happy nor on those in search of happiness; it's merely an observation on my part.

VooMan
10-07-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by XXXPhoto@Oct 7 2004, 09:52 PM
If someone is 'truly' happy then it's my opinion they lack imagination or the desire to use it.
????????????????????

By "not looking hard enough" what do you mean? Is it the fact that you can always find something to be unhappy about, or are people who are happy simply lazy because there is so much more they could achieve in life?

I am not following you at all XXX.

sarettah
10-08-2004, 12:02 AM
Happiness comes in little bites at a time, usually flying by and only allowing you to grab a little tiny chunk.

Contentment can stay for a while.

cj
10-08-2004, 12:22 AM
I don't get it ... if you are 'happy', what else is there left to do?

What can you use your happiness for other than to be happy?

:unsure:

slavdogg
10-08-2004, 05:17 AM
happiness is for ignorant people, ever noticed how they're always happy?
i'm happy for short periods of time, than i want something bigger and better.

Peaches
10-08-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by slavdogg@Oct 8 2004, 05:18 AM
I'm ignorantly happy :)

Anthony
10-08-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by slavdogg@Oct 8 2004, 01:18 AM
Sounds for a good argument of why Divorces are so high.

Grass is always greener.

Rolo
10-08-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Anthony@Oct 8 2004, 05:12 AM

Grass is always greener.
Or prehaps how/why mankind keeps innovating...

Anthony
10-08-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Rolo+Oct 8 2004, 05:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rolo @ Oct 8 2004, 05:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Anthony@Oct 8 2004, 05:12 AM

Grass is always greener.
Or prehaps how/why mankind keeps innovating... [/b][/quote]
I thought that was necessity?

VooMan
10-08-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by cj@Oct 7 2004, 11:23 PM
I don't get it ... if you are 'happy', what else is there left to do?

What can you use your happiness for other than to be happy?

:unsure:
excellent point. B)

Rolo
10-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Anthony@Oct 8 2004, 05:43 AM
Necessity innovates the roof on the horse carriage to protect from the rain, then comes the sun and someone innovates the cabriolet :P

Variety is what our human minds were designed for... too much of anything is bad for us.

Anthony
10-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Rolo+Oct 8 2004, 07:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rolo @ Oct 8 2004, 07:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Anthony@Oct 8 2004, 05:43 AM
Necessity innovates the roof on the horse carriage to protect from the rain, then comes the sun and someone innovates the cabriolet :P

Variety is what our human minds were designed for... too much of anything is bad for us. [/b][/quote]
So too much of happiness is a bad thing?

XXXPhoto
10-08-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by VooMan+Oct 7 2004, 07:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VooMan @ Oct 7 2004, 07:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-XXXPhoto@Oct 7 2004, 09:52 PM
If someone is 'truly' happy then it's my opinion they lack imagination or the desire to use it.
????????????????????

By "not looking hard enough" what do you mean? Is it the fact that you can always find something to be unhappy about, or are people who are happy simply lazy because there is so much more they could achieve in life?

I am not following you at all XXX. [/b][/quote]
Voo,

Neither really, I don't assume folks that think they are happy are lazy... Nor do I think they are probing as deeply in their lives and what is occuring around them as they could. If someone claims to be totally happy with things then that is just as extreme a statement as someone claiming that nothing in their lives is going right, is it not?

IMO, a person is much more likely (and lucky) to find an area in their life that provides an ongoing source of contentment. A place where internal ids and egos stfu and let you forget all the crap so as to enjoy that moment.

Twain has several quotes regarding happiness, the following two are on the mark for my own views...

"Both marriage and death ought to be welcome: the one promises happiness, doubtless the other assures it."

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination...No sane man can be happy, for to him life is real, and he sees what a fearful thing it is. Only the mad can be happy, and not many of those."

VooMan
10-08-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by XXXPhoto@Oct 8 2004, 04:11 PM

IMO, a person is much more likely (and lucky) to find an area in their life that provides an ongoing source of contentment. A place where internal ids and egos stfu and let you forget all the crap so as to enjoy that moment.

Easier said than done... but I'm working on it. :)

XXXPhoto
10-08-2004, 05:26 PM
Voo,

I've heard you talking about working on your yard... that's kinda the escape area I'm doing poor job describing...

VooMan
10-08-2004, 08:33 PM
Yep, I do enjoy the yardwork as well as other do-it-yourself projects... and I see what you're getting at. :awinky:

Besides the yard, I've painted my entire house inside and out. I always say that for me it's all about Step 4... Step 4 is: Stand back and admire your work... I can't even begin to tell you how much enjoyment I get each and every day just walking around outside my house. LOL

My favorite thing though would have to be woodworking. If you've ever seen the show Wood Works on the DIY channel you'll see what I'm talking about. That is definitely my dharma. heh...

Biggy
10-08-2004, 11:57 PM
some very interesting replies... from some very different people.

Dianna Vesta
10-09-2004, 07:55 AM
Wow such thought provoking answers. Lol

I’ve been in the adult biz for over 15 years. It’s had its ups and downs. I’ve published magazines, ran phone sex rooms and ultimately the internet. I really don’t have any complains. Like Peaches I was happy to work from home once the Web came around. I’ve made great money and met so many interesting people. I’ve traveled all over the world and seen some pretty wild and crazy things.

I always kept a toe or foot in main stream business; real estate, operations, consultant. I never fully trusted the adult biz. There were a few times I was rolling real high, put all my eggs in that basket and laws or policies would change. These were rude awakenings.

Doing business in adult internet became harder and harder. The waters were too uncertain so these past few years I’ve focused on other things and used my web business as extra gravy. They are not my main source of income.

I’ve had a wonderful life for sure. I am happy. I’ve worked very hard and now I look around me and see that I’m doing everything I wanted to do. My new non-adult business is doing VERY well and I really enjoy it. I love my ranch, space and all the animals.

It’s all good for me.

DV

Rolo
10-09-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Anthony@Oct 8 2004, 11:19 AM
So too much of happiness is a bad thing?
From a "survival" point of view, yes... life spares no one - its part of life that there will be hard times, problems, sickness, and death. Happiness is good, and it should be enjoyed and shared with others while we have it. But only focus on happiness will make it hard to overcome the struggles in our life. As XXPhoto said, then contentment is a much better place to be - with occasional trips to happiness :awinky:

Every human life begins with a scream, what we struggle for is that it will end with a smile :)