PDA

View Full Version : Cheney vs Edwards tomorrow.

Almighty Colin
10-04-2004, 11:07 AM
Cheney vs Edwards tomorrow. Should be interesting .. and important.

Buff
10-04-2004, 11:10 AM
Both of these guys should do better than their inept running mates. Edwards is a trial lawyer, so he can speak, and if Cheney can string together 10 words without stammering, he's better than Bush.

Almighty Colin
10-04-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Buff@Oct 4 2004, 10:11 AM
Both of these guys should do better than their inept running mates. Edwards is a trial lawyer, so he can speak, and if Cheney can string together 10 words without stammering, he's better than Bush.
Agreed. Cheney has a good track record in debate and Edwards trial lawyer skills should make for an interesting debate.

JR
10-04-2004, 01:10 PM
My strategy would be to agitate Cheney to the point that his heart fails again. Nothing like winning a political debate with a death move.

JR
10-04-2004, 01:11 PM
haha. i always post crap and then read it and immediately think to myself "Jesus, that was a really weird thing to say"

TheEnforcer
10-04-2004, 01:46 PM
I wanna watch this debate more than Bush vs Kerry.

SykkBoy
10-04-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by JR@Oct 4 2004, 12:11 PM
My strategy would be to agitate Cheney to the point that his heart fails again. Nothing like winning a political debate with a death move.
hahahaha

Edwards should just "accidently" keep calling him Dick Halliburton

JFK
10-04-2004, 08:05 PM
Any bets on who's going to win ? :salute:

Almighty Colin
10-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by JFK@Oct 4 2004, 07:06 PM
Any bets on who's going to win ? :salute:
I don't know or care who will win. What I'd like to see is some fire in this one. The prez debate was a yawner.

slavdogg
10-04-2004, 08:39 PM
will they discuss medical malpractice or torm reform ?

Mike AI
10-04-2004, 09:41 PM
I think Cheney will hold his own, if not even beat Edwards. Cheney is very sarcastic and very pithy.... it is almost suprising.

JR - I do not think the Dems want Cheney to drop out as VP..... especially by death. The sympathy vote would help, and Bush could replace ( a divisive figure - though I like him) him with Guliani or someone like that....

October surprise?

pushpills
10-05-2004, 02:36 AM
Edwards will own it, he's a very good speaker, but I'm sure cheney is ready with some good zings and his own decent speaking abilities. I think this debate has just about as much weight, if not more, because of the better abilities of the speakers to influence other sides. I mean, edwards deffinately is better at winning people over if you listen to his speachers and his experience as a trial lawyer. If any of you saw any of his debate stops (edwards) on tv you can see he will be better that kerry at actually saying something to swing voters. kerrys sentences seem to kinda meld into each other, which is horrible for the genernal moronic middle to lower class group.

Lee
10-05-2004, 02:54 AM
I have to say i dont really pay that much attention to politics but, when i do most of the stuff i hear about is President Dumbfuck and Candidate Flip Flop.

I am actually looking forward to watching the Edwards / Cheney debates more than i was the Bush one.

RawAlex
10-05-2004, 09:50 AM
This one certainly is closer to being a fair fight, with the exception that much is known about Cheney, a lot less is known about Edwards. I would expect it to be another defensive action from the republican side, attempting to deflect the attacks.

I think Cheney actually has many more attackable points than Bush (Hallibuton, Enron, hiding during 9.11, etc). It should be at least as fun to watch as seeing Bush stammer.

Alex