PDA

View Full Version : another 10 out of 10 movies

Winetalk.com
10-03-2004, 07:56 PM
http://www.paramountclassics.com/man/

French, subtitles but...worth every minute of it.

Peaches
10-03-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Oct 3 2004, 07:57 PM

I went to add it to Netflix:

This movie is already in Your Queue.

Apparently I heard from someone already it was good! But I'll move it up the list :)

Hell Puppy
10-03-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Oct 3 2004, 09:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Oct 3 2004, 09:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Serge_Oprano@Oct 3 2004, 07:57 PM

Apparently I heard from someone already it was good! But I'll move it up the list :) [/b][/quote]
Wonder who has the largest Netflix queue?

178 for me.

Which is kinda sad when you consider I'm on the 8 titles out at once plan...

Peaches
10-03-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Oct 3 2004, 11:33 PM

178 for me.

119 in current releases and 24 in pending releases so I'm close :)

BTW, the kid might be coming to Lawrenceville to visit friends this weekend so I'll be headed there for dinner if the boys are interested. I told him I'd take him to Fogo but he said his stomach has REALLY shrunk and he's not eating much at all these days. He doesn't want to lose his record :awinky:

Hell Puppy
10-03-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Oct 3 2004, 10:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Oct 3 2004, 10:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Hell Puppy@Oct 3 2004, 11:33 PM

178 for me.

119 in current releases and 24 in pending releases so I'm close :)

BTW, the kid might be coming to Lawrenceville to visit friends this weekend so I'll be headed there for dinner if the boys are interested. I told him I'd take him to Fogo but he said his stomach has REALLY shrunk and he's not eating much at all these days. He doesn't want to lose his record :awinky: [/b][/quote]
We'll give him a pass.

We're always up for a churrascaria run. If he's not quite up to Fogo, there's a Fire of Brazil near 400 at Windward that is a reasonable substitute.

There's also a Maggianos at Perimeter.

Or if that fails, we can use him for bait at the Steak n Shake.

Winetalk.com
10-04-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Peaches+Oct 3 2004, 09:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Oct 3 2004, 09:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Serge_Oprano@Oct 3 2004, 07:57 PM

Apparently I heard from someone already it was good! But I'll move it up the list :) [/b][/quote]
I agree with Ebert
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.d.../305160304/1023 (http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20030516/REVIEWS/305160304/1023)

I have seen "The Man on the Train" twice, will see it again, cannot find a flaw.

gonzo
10-04-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Oct 3 2004, 10:48 PM

This is one of those occassions where she needs me to translate!

Peaches
10-04-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by gonzo+Oct 4 2004, 01:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Oct 4 2004, 01:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Hell Puppy@Oct 3 2004, 10:48 PM

This is one of those occassions where she needs me to translate! [/b][/quote]
Sadly, I know what he means......I think?? :unsure:

I'm ASSuming you would be using my sweet, wonderful adorable child to help you pick up young cute babes. :steemed:

SykkBoy
10-04-2004, 01:58 PM
I'll have to check this out, I'm a fan of Laconte's work, especially "The Perfume Of Yvonne"

I've heard great things about this movie as well.

Serge, I also finally watched Dogville and loved it, what a great movie and unlike anything else I've seen, even Von Trier's dogme movies...

Winetalk.com
10-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Oct 4 2004, 12:59 PM
I'll have to check this out, I'm a fan of Laconte's work, especially "The Perfume Of Yvonne"

Serge, I also finally watched Dogville and loved it, what a great movie and unlike anything else I've seen, even Von Trier's dogme movies...
Sykk,
our video store has an expanded Foreign movies department,
we were lucky lately in finding real good stuff!

Have you seen
INVESTIGATION OF A CITIZEN ABOVE SUSPICION
http://www.cinematheque.bc.ca/archives/italm.html

I couldn't rent it, had to buy it

SykkBoy
10-04-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Oct 4 2004, 01:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Oct 4 2004, 01:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SykkBoy@Oct 4 2004, 12:59 PM

Sykk,
our video store has an expanded Foreign movies department,
we were lucky lately in finding real good stuff!

Have you seen
INVESTIGATION OF A CITIZEN ABOVE SUSPICION
http://www.cinematheque.bc.ca/archives/italm.html

I couldn't rent it, had to buy it [/b][/quote]
People who bitch about lack of good movies these days aren't looking hard enough ;-)
We have a specialty video store here that has some great foreign titles and I've been finding a few gems and a few dogs along the way, but it's fun to explore these new worlds I've never seen before....some of the times I don't even need to read the subtitles to enjoy the story...

I'll be on the lookout for that movie, I have a huge softspot for Italian movies (especially Italian horror from the likes of Fulci, Argento and Lenzi)

I also love movies that piss off the establishment...

Winetalk.com
10-04-2004, 02:38 PM
I doubr you'll be able to find this one in rentals....and YES, it pisess off the establishment a big time
;-)))

I've seen this one about 25 years ago in USSR and it impressed the living shit out of me back than
;-)

SykkBoy
10-04-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Oct 4 2004, 01:39 PM
I doubr you'll be able to find this one in rentals....and YES, it pisess off the establishment a big time
;-)))

I've seen this one about 25 years ago in USSR and it impressed the living shit out of me back than
;-)
I'll probably have to do a special order then...

I looked at that list again and saw "Illustrious Corpses" on there. That's an amazing movie I saw a long time ago and need to track down on video or DVD

LadyLaw
10-04-2004, 03:25 PM
Hey Sykk!

INVESTIGATION OF A CITIZEN ABOVE SUSPICION was kinky before kinky was cool (if you see it, you'll see what I mean)....it is a very good movie....and very political, so it pissed off the establishment big in its day. You'll love it. :rolleyes:

And Man on a Train is one of the most sly humorous, lovely movies I've ever seen. You are cognizant almost the whole movie what a wonderful experience you are having watching it.

Peaches
10-04-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Oct 4 2004, 02:39 PM
;-)))

;-)
Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion has been added to your Rental Queue.
This DVD has not been released yet. Release Date: Unknown.

It IS out on DVD??

Winetalk.com
10-04-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Oct 4 2004, 02:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Oct 4 2004, 02:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Serge_Oprano@Oct 4 2004, 02:39 PM
;-)))

;-)

It IS out on DVD?? [/b][/quote]
no, it's not, I had to do a special order thru MovieHunters,
they got me DVD and I was smart enough not to ask about it's origins
;-)))

Winetalk.com
10-04-2004, 03:46 PM
Sykk, Peaches,
it's
http://www.moviehunter.tv

1-888-311-1018

Evil Chris
10-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Dawn of the Dead will be out for Halloween.

It's gonna look good on my big ass TV. B)

SykkBoy
10-04-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Oct 4 2004, 02:47 PM
Sykk, Peaches,
it's
http://www.moviehunter.tv

1-888-311-1018
going to contact them today...

I used to use Video Dumpster, but they are no longer in business....they used to get me some amazing japanese gameshow videos and had a monthly newsletter that highlighting hard to find titles....sadly they died around the time I tried to pitch them on a website (about 4 years ago). They used to hit the Fangoria conventions with their uncensored cartoon video comps.

SykkBoy
10-04-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Oct 4 2004, 03:10 PM
Dawn of the Dead will be out for Halloween.

It's gonna look good on my big ass TV. B)
Don't forget the Friday The 13th boxset hits tomorrow
it's a bit disappointing, but hy, it's finally a Friday The 13th boxset

if you like zombie movies, you HAVE to see Shaun Of The Dead
it's very British, but also a great comination of comedy, romance, drama and gut chomping zombies

Peaches
10-04-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Oct 4 2004, 03:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Oct 4 2004, 03:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Peaches@Oct 4 2004, 02:32 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Serge_Oprano@Oct 4 2004, 02:39 PM
;-)))

;-)

It IS out on DVD??
no, it's not, I had to do a special order thru MovieHunters,
they got me DVD and I was smart enough not to ask about it's origins
;-))) [/b][/quote]
I've got 140+ in queue now, I'll wait for the legal version - if it's not out by the time I watch the 140, I'll borrow yours. :okthumb:

Jesse_DD
10-04-2004, 04:48 PM
I rented "supersize me" It is worth picking up.