PDA

View Full Version : Going Back in Time

Dianna Vesta
10-03-2004, 08:10 AM
I was watching “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” early this morning while still in bed. It was made around the time I was born. As I watched the NYC scenery I went into sort of day dream about living back in the 50’s as an adult.

If you could go back in time and live as an adult, no matter how far back, what period would you return to and why?

Don’t say 1995 for the Internet boom. I already know that’s going to get posted by someone. Get creative. Surely you’ve thought about it before.

I’d love to go back to the 50’s in Florida. I bet the water was incredible. The fishing and diving must have been awesome with all the reefs in tack. I also like the cars of that time.

DV

Winetalk.com
10-03-2004, 08:24 AM
I'd re-live yesterday,
was one heck of a day
;-)))

Dianna Vesta
10-03-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Oct 3 2004, 07:25 AM
I'd re-live yesterday,
was one heck of a day
;-)))
That's a pretty strong statement. Why don't you tell us why? :P

Winetalk.com
10-03-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Dianna Vesta+Oct 3 2004, 07:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dianna Vesta @ Oct 3 2004, 07:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Serge_Oprano@Oct 3 2004, 07:25 AM
I'd re-live yesterday,
was one heck of a day
;-)))
That's a pretty strong statement. Why don't you tell us why? :P [/b][/quote]
because if yesterday was one of the days of the rest of my life -
I don't wanna change anything.

Almighty Colin
10-03-2004, 09:20 AM
I'd like to see Goshen back when the sides of the pyramids were smooth with polished casing stones, they still had capstones and the Sphinx was painted - if ever a time existed. Either that or Alexandria about the time of Julius Caesar's life. Either would be nice to visit but wouldn't want to live there.

Dianna Vesta
10-03-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Colin@Oct 3 2004, 08:21 AM
I'd like to see Goshen back when the sides of the pyramids were smooth with polished casing stones, they still had capstones and the Sphinx was painted - if ever a time existed. Either that or Alexandria about the time of Julius Caesar's life. Either would be nice to visit but wouldn't want to live there.
Colin why?

Almighty Colin
10-03-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Dianna Vesta+Oct 3 2004, 08:43 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dianna Vesta @ Oct 3 2004, 08:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Colin@Oct 3 2004, 08:21 AM
Colin why? [/b][/quote]
Whenever I travel anywhere it is the architecture which interests me most. Egypt at its height is a no-brainer for that reason. Egyptian fashion would be interesting to observe too.

Same with Alexandria (The Great Lighthouse being the obvious example) and I would have liked to have seen the Great Library. The combined Egyptian, Greek and Roman elements - it being the capital of Egypt, then becoming part of the Greek empire and then finally the Roman made it to me, the greatest city in antiquity. Shortly after the time of Caesar, the Coptic church was founded and that would have been interesting too.

I think Nazi Germany at its peak would have been pretty fascinating too -- to observe the mass psychological elements.

Peaches
10-03-2004, 10:07 AM
I would love to go back to 16 and start all over again with the knowledge I have now. I suppose that's why "Youth is wasted on the young" makes so much sense B)

I don't want to go back ANYWHERE that doesn't have AC :okthumb:

Almighty Colin
10-03-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Oct 3 2004, 09:08 AM
I would love to go back to 16 and start all over again with the knowledge I have now. I suppose that's why "Youth is wasted on the young" makes so much sense B)

You obviously live in the South. You'd have been fine during the ice age without it .. or in Alaska today .. which is really still in an ice age.

Nickatilynx
10-03-2004, 12:24 PM
To be born in Athens around 470 would be amazing.

or

To be born in Rome 60BC ...hell you could chat with Julius Caeser , listen to Cicero and Jesus. Cool.

Note born into Senatorial class in Rome ,and one of the 300 families of Athens.
( to live in a nation that believes the aristocracy should not work or there would be no art etc , would suit me perfectly) :)

fuck being there and being poor , that would be unplesant ;-)))

Dianna Vesta
10-03-2004, 12:59 PM
I wouldn’t want to go back during a time when women were treated poorly, however I wouldn’t mind it if I was a Queen. I use to have this reoccurring dream where I come out of the woods and into this small village and my home is a country cottage. It looks like something out of a movie in Europe.

I also think the 80’s were pretty cool. Disco’s, spandex pants…lol – remember those? The big hair days I’ll never forget.

Dianna Vesta
10-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Oct 3 2004, 09:08 AM

The power goes out a lot since the hurricanes. Too often I wake up in the middle of the night WITH hot flashes and no damn AC.

If women get hot flashes what do men get when they older? Nothing? lol- pun intended.

Winetalk.com
10-03-2004, 01:46 PM
DV, when men get older, they look MORE intensively for a younger females
;-)))

pushpills
10-03-2004, 02:48 PM
Hmm....now is a good time, girls shave their beavers.

Probably roman times IF I could choose who I would be (emperor).

If I couldn't choose who I could be in another time, then present day all the way.

Cleo
10-03-2004, 03:11 PM
I would want to go back to the very beginning of time.

I hate catching things in the middle not knowing how they started.

OldJeff
10-03-2004, 06:24 PM
Would love to see the teachings of Christ first hand, just to see how much they have been perverted.

(I have some serious doubts about the whole god thing by roman records show JC did live and was crucified)

Of course there are several thousand moments in all of history that it would be very cool to witness.

The Signing of the Declaration of Independence

The First Congressional Meeting

When Adams Defended the Amistad Slaves at the supreme court

Of course If I really could time travel it would be to Feb 21st 1996 - The day before the kid sister died, would hopefully change what happened

Almighty Colin
10-03-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Dianna Vesta@Oct 3 2004, 12:00 PM
I wouldn’t want to go back during a time when women were treated poorly
Not many choices then. Really.

Almighty Colin
10-03-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Dianna Vesta@Oct 3 2004, 12:00 PM
I also think the 80’s were pretty cool. Disco’s, spandex pants…lol – remember those? The big hair days I’ll never forget.
Have to disagree there. If any decade should be stricken from the fashion record it is the 80's. Cool fashion and hair? I'd chose the 20's.

Cleo
10-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Go back and kill god before he becomes all powerful.

Think of all the pain and suffering that would never happen.

Note: I don't actually believe there is a god but I also don't believe we can travel back in time.

Winetalk.com
10-03-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Cleo@Oct 3 2004, 06:57 PM
Go back and kill god before he becomes all powerful.

Think of all the pain and suffering that would never happen.

Note: I don't actually believe there is a god but I also don't believe we can travel back in time.
double negative is equal...POSITIVE
;-)))

VooMan
10-03-2004, 08:13 PM
I'd love to see the Pyramids as Colin suggested... they have always fascinated me.

I think I'm a throwback to Little House on the Prairie times or something like that. Work the land, you know, a hard day but a simpler life.

TheEnforcer
10-03-2004, 09:02 PM
I'd go back to 1989 and relive my first couple years of college. I'd make sure to take my dad's advice this time and take a semester overseas for school.

Dianna Vesta
10-06-2004, 01:51 PM
Sorry got caught up with work and painting my house...

Serge, old men might looking for younger women because they need to feel like they are ALL THAT and with hopes that a younger, less experienced woman will overlook all their flaws. A MATURE woman with more experience knows better. Some younger girls truly do love older guys but from my eyes I see far too many older DICKWEEDS with pretty young thangs dangling on their arm and you damn good and well why. That ain’t hard to figure out. Lucky for you that you have someone who loves you for you and is MATURE enough NOT to put up with too much of your shit.

Old Jeff that was the most heartfelt post I’ve read here in a long time. It brought tears to my eyes. I’m sorry.

Cleo you are one of the quickest wit person on Oprano. You always think of things that no one else does.

Colin- In he 80’s we thought fashion was cool. You’re right, in hind site it sucked but the 80’s was still cool.

Vick
10-06-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Dianna Vesta@Oct 6 2004, 12:52 PM
Serge, old men might looking for younger women because they need to feel like they are ALL THAT and with hopes that a younger, less experienced woman will overlook all their flaws. A MATURE woman with more experience knows better. Some younger girls truly do love older guys but from my eyes I see far too many older DICKWEEDS with pretty young thangs dangling on their arm and you damn good and well why. That ain’t hard to figure out.
But once again we disagree DV
My new love will be 21 this Saturday
I am 42

As you can well guess she's Sub and I'm Dom
and we both feel like ALL THAT when we go out

In fact we're going to Cirque for her birthday

Giving it thought I believe in many cases older men are good for younger women (and vis versa) and make excellent companions

Quite often I believe older women may frown upon such a relationship as they may not truly understand it or have some different conceptions - plus they are losing a possible man from their "pool"

As for back in time, this past Saturday - just an outstanding day. THe perfect day at the Renaissance Festival, an incredible time was had - then we talked most of the night
Which is VERY rare for me to do

Could go anywhere in time that didn't have indoor plumbing and indoor showers
However 1774-1781 would be interesting

:awinky: and I know you really don't mean every older man/younger women couple

Almighty Colin
10-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Dianna Vesta@Oct 6 2004, 12:52 PM
Serge, old men might looking for younger women because they need to feel like they are ALL THAT and with hopes that a younger, less experienced woman will overlook all their flaws. A MATURE woman with more experience knows better. Some younger girls truly do love older guys but from my eyes I see far too many older DICKWEEDS with pretty young thangs dangling on their arm and you damn good and well why.
Have to disagree with you also but for a different reason. I think men are biologically inclined to be attracted to young women and women are biologically attracted to, well, shoes apparently.

Good book covering some of the subject of attraction to young women is "Survival of the Prettiest" by Nancy Etcoff.

Almighty Colin
10-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Oct 6 2004, 01:52 PM
1774-1781 would be interesting

France or America?

Vick
10-06-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Colin+Oct 6 2004, 02:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Colin @ Oct 6 2004, 02:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vick@Oct 6 2004, 01:52 PM
1774-1781 would be interesting

France or America? [/b][/quote]
America
Am absolutely fascinated with the founding fathers and that era of the "birth" of our nation

There may be genetic reasons why some older men (particularly Alpha Males) are attracted to younger women
We are still breeding animals after all

Note I have no desire to have any more children so that is not my reason

dantheman
10-06-2004, 05:36 PM
I want to go back today before lunch and eat something else :D

Dianna Vesta
10-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Vick+Oct 6 2004, 01:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vick @ Oct 6 2004, 01:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dianna Vesta@Oct 6 2004, 12:52 PM
Serge, old men might looking for younger women because they need to feel like they are ALL THAT and with hopes that a younger, less experienced woman will overlook all their flaws. A MATURE woman with more experience knows better. Some younger girls truly do love older guys but from my eyes I see far too many older DICKWEEDS with pretty young thangs dangling on their arm and you damn good and well why. That ain’t hard to figure out.
But once again we disagree DV
My new love will be 21 this Saturday
I am 42

As you can well guess she's Sub and I'm Dom
and we both feel like ALL THAT when we go out

In fact we're going to Cirque for her birthday

Giving it thought I believe in many cases older men are good for younger women (and vis versa) and make excellent companions

Quite often I believe older women may frown upon such a relationship as they may not truly understand it or have some different conceptions - plus they are losing a possible man from their "pool"

As for back in time, this past Saturday - just an outstanding day. THe perfect day at the Renaissance Festival, an incredible time was had - then we talked most of the night
Which is VERY rare for me to do

Could go anywhere in time that didn't have indoor plumbing and indoor showers
However 1774-1781 would be interesting

:awinky: and I know you really don't mean every older man/younger women couple [/b][/quote]
Vick maybe I didn't explain myself well. There are women who truly do prefer older men. That dynamic is a special one, especially when you add the dynamic of D&s. I always preferred younger men, probably for the same reason.

My point was focused towards the obvious, not the exception.

As for losing men from the pool? Maybe some women feel threatened by this while others just don’t care. Women have become more independent.

Peaches
10-08-2004, 09:27 AM
I dated older men when I was younger and younger men now that I'm older. Go figure :unsure: