PDA

View Full Version : Who will win tonight's debate?

Almighty Colin
09-30-2004, 07:13 AM
I think we'll see something real close to a tie, as judged by Gallup/CNN poll.

CDSmith
09-30-2004, 07:19 AM
Is this going to be a true debate or a pre-scripted lesson in bad acting?

Winetalk.com
09-30-2004, 07:26 AM
you mean between Meat and Fletch?
my money are on Meat
;-))

Buff
09-30-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by CDSmith@Sep 30 2004, 05:20 AM
Is this going to be a true debate or a pre-scripted lesson in bad acting?
No shit. This is going to be a contrived joint press conference. Neither of those fuckwits could debate his way out of a wet paper bag. And it's too bad, too, because both of these morons have so many vulnerabilities that anyone with even marginal skill could do a hatchet job on them in front of millions of people. It's a shame that Alan Keyes doesn't get to debate Kerry and Dershowitz doesn't get to debate Bush. That would make for some prime time skewering.

By the way, Alan Keyes' daughter is a lesbian! After all that crap he spewed about Cheney's daughter, his own kid is also a lesbo! Hahaha

http://www.politics1.com/blog-0904a.htm

Cute chick, too!

http://www.gaydeceiver.com/lj/image/2004.09/keys.jpg

XXXPhoto
09-30-2004, 10:10 AM
Debates were always contrived to some degree; but since the Commission on Presidential Debates took it over in 88 they are even more so... Bush holed up in Texas working on his 'zingers'... yeah, I'm so confindent anything intelligent is going to come outta this.

RawAlex
09-30-2004, 10:40 AM
Winner? Who knows.

Loser? Anyone subjected to this for an hour.

Alex

Almighty Colin
09-30-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Buff@Sep 30 2004, 06:28 AM
http://www.politics1.com/blog-0904a.htm
Found this link on that site ... http://www.votergasm.com/

Get out the vote. I'm planning on waking up next to a Democrat. You?

Mike AI
09-30-2004, 10:54 AM
It is all about perceptions in debates. Kerry has been hyped up as a great debater, who was champ in college. The only problem is that is technical debating, where you can score points.

Presidential debates are about connecting with the American people, looking comfortable in your own skin. I think Kerry is going to be a lot like Al Gore.

Bush is going to be smart, and pretty much play it safe by ignoring Kerry, not being "baited", and will focus on telling his pre-scripted messaged to the American People.

I do not see how Kerry could win, because the Bush people won't give him a chance. That is why they have 34 pages or rules..... it was designed to at least
give Bush a tie ( unless he goes beserk)

RawAlex
09-30-2004, 10:57 AM
Mike, actually, Bush's weakest spot is "non scripted" situations. Bush is a VERY poor orator without a script (rumor had it that his early scripts when running for govenor in texas included prompts when to smile). If Kerry can lead him even a little off of his scripted answers, I think you will see Bush go down hard.

The best question: if that is your plan, why didn't you do it in the first 4 years?

Standing there looking smug ain't gonna give Bush a win. He will have to work for it.

Alex

dantheman
09-30-2004, 10:57 AM
What's the line?

:ph34r:

Mike AI
09-30-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by RawAlex@Sep 30 2004, 09:58 AM
Mike, actually, Bush's weakest spot is "non scripted" situations. Bush is a VERY poor orator without a script (rumor had it that his early scripts when running for govenor in texas included prompts when to smile). If Kerry can lead him even a little off of his scripted answers, I think you will see Bush go down hard.

The best question: if that is your plan, why didn't you do it in the first 4 years?

Standing there looking smug ain't gonna give Bush a win. He will have to work for it.

Alex

Alex, you are so consumed with anti-Bushness that you have blinded yourself.

Bush is much more comfortable in his own skin, then Kerry in his. Short, simple answers get attention not long drawn out windy oration.

It is like on Oprano, you score more points with short posts - people actually read them!

:lol:

Winetalk.com
09-30-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Sep 30 2004, 10:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Sep 30 2004, 10:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RawAlex@Sep 30 2004, 09:58 AM

Alex

Alex, you are so consumed with anti-Bushness that you have blinded yourself.

Bush is much more comfortable in his own skin, then Kerry in his. Short, simple answers get attention not long drawn out windy oration.

It is like on Oprano, you score more points with short posts - people actually read them!

:lol: [/b][/quote]
yeap
;-)

Vick
09-30-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Colin@Sep 30 2004, 06:14 AM
I think we'll see something real close to a tie
Why am I thinking a Ralph Marlin Three Stooges tie?

Used as a noose

Rolo
09-30-2004, 12:18 PM
I do not usual gamble, however I came across these odds:

To be elected US president 2004:

1. George W. Bush 1.40
2. John Kerry 2.60
3. Ralph Nader 500.00

Will it be like taking candy from a baby (not that I have ever done that ;-))) - I guess I will know after this debate ;-)

Lee
09-30-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by RawAlex@Sep 30 2004, 06:41 AM
Winner? Who knows.

Loser? Anyone subjected to this for an hour.

Alex
I would have to agree Alex lol

However, it will be interesting to see what happens in the papers tomorrow, epecially as many of the news outlets were told they had to sign some form of contract with a whole bunch of freaky sounding stipulations in it from Bush's people.

Lee
09-30-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Sep 30 2004, 06:55 AM
it was designed to at least
give Bush a tie ( unless he goes beserk)
Personally im hoping itll end up like the debates did in the movie 'Head Of State' with Chris Rock... that aint right ;)

Evil Chris
09-30-2004, 12:27 PM
I'm going to watch. Possibly just for the comedic aspects.

However I do hope that Kerry can bait Dubya out of his script and force out a new Bushism.

CDSmith
09-30-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Sep 30 2004, 10:28 AM
I'm going to watch. Possibly just for the comedic aspects.

However I do hope that Kerry can bait Dubya out of his script and force out a new Bushism.
For the record and for the sake of clarity, a Bushism is not = to a Sergism.

Yet I collect both.

Almighty Colin
09-30-2004, 01:03 PM
I hope one of them bites the other one's ear off.

Almighty Colin
09-30-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Vick+Sep 30 2004, 10:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vick @ Sep 30 2004, 10:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Colin@Sep 30 2004, 06:14 AM
I think we'll see something real close to a tie
Why am I thinking a Ralph Marlin Three Stooges tie?

Used as a noose [/b][/quote]
Oh, is Nader in this? YAWN.

Holly
09-30-2004, 06:20 PM
Saturday Night Live and every stand up comedian on the face of the planet.

Almighty Colin
09-30-2004, 06:52 PM
This just in! Bet the house! It's a lock! Kerry will win in Canada.