PDA

View Full Version : Florida Report!

Mike AI
09-26-2004, 01:48 AM
Its getting pretty windy in Tampa. Went out in the jacuzzi for a few, it was pretty cool. No rain yet. But strong 50+ gusts.

Cleo? Serge? Mike? Jesse? Mary? Meni? Forest? Colin?

Lee
09-26-2004, 01:54 AM
Sure Mike forget about me :( LOL

Well we've been lucky so far, a little rain and high water on the beachside but other than that all seems good.

8am tomorrow morning is Volusia County is expecting to be hit the worst so between now and then it doesnt look like much of anything exciting is going to happen.

Regards,

Lee

Mike AI
09-26-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Lee@Sep 26 2004, 12:55 AM
Sure Mike forget about me :( LOL

Well we've been lucky so far, a little rain and high water on the beachside but other than that all seems good.

8am tomorrow morning is Volusia County is expecting to be hit the worst so between now and then it doesnt look like much of anything exciting is going to happen.

Regards,

Lee

Oh shit, I apologize.... You shuold have been first. Where exactly do you live? Lauderdale?

Glad you are safe and online! :okthumb:

Lee
09-26-2004, 02:05 AM
Haha no worries dude :)

We're actually in Ormond By The Sea (about 4 miles north of Daytona Beach).

The scary thing for us is that we have the Ocean about 50 yards away from us in one direction and the river about 100 yards away from us in the other lol

Luckily the water over the last 3 storms hasnt surged enough to hit our block and we're hoping it stays that way for Jeanne LOL

We're on tornado warning until 8am but i think everyone in the surrounding counties are other than that, as i said above nothing really to report here, still have power, cable, phone lines etc etc.

The one thing that is eerie though is how quiet + dark it is (apart from the wind and rain) i dont think ive ever heard it this quiet around here.

Regards,

Lee

Mike AI
09-26-2004, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Lee@Sep 26 2004, 01:06 AM
Haha no worries dude :)

We're actually in Ormond By The Sea (about 4 miles north of Daytona Beach).

The scary thing for us is that we have the Ocean about 50 yards away from us in one direction and the river about 100 yards away from us in the other lol

Luckily the water over the last 3 storms hasnt surged enough to hit our block and we're hoping it stays that way for Jeanne LOL

We're on tornado warning until 8am but i think everyone in the surrounding counties are other than that, as i said above nothing really to report here, still have power, cable, phone lines etc etc.

The one thing that is eerie though is how quiet + dark it is (apart from the wind and rain) i dont think ive ever heard it this quiet around here.

Regards,

Lee
Wow sounds like you live in a nice neighborhood!!

Keep holding on.

Lee
09-26-2004, 02:28 AM
We live where the po' folks live ;)

Regards,

Lee

Mike AI
09-26-2004, 03:40 AM
4am check in.

Wind is getting louder!

Cleo
09-26-2004, 06:58 AM
My power just came back on. I took a fast look outside and it doesn't look too bad. The large ficus in my backyard is still standing which is what I was mostly concerned about.

Be safe all.

MikeW
09-26-2004, 08:08 AM
We've got power here, never even lost it ... a few flickers last night but nothing major. We got lucky again .. :wnw:

Anthony
09-26-2004, 08:26 AM
just went out at 830. unreal

Cleo
09-26-2004, 09:12 AM
Power is back off. This sucks.

Winetalk.com
09-26-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by MikeW@Sep 26 2004, 07:09 AM
We've got power here, never even lost it ... a few flickers last night but nothing major. We got lucky again .. :wnw:
who are "we"?
I didn't get lucky, I didn't get laid
;)))

Floridians,
we have power, if you wanna come over-
my place is your place...BYOB
;-)))

Peaches
09-26-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Sep 26 2004, 10:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Sep 26 2004, 10:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MikeW@Sep 26 2004, 07:09 AM
who are "we"?
;)))

Floridians,
we have power, if you wanna come over-
my place is your place...BYOB
;-))) [/b][/quote]
Glad everyone seems to have made it through OK :) Well, except the getting laid part ;)

Lee
09-26-2004, 10:53 AM
Well its 11am here now and we have no power or cable and the winds have picked up dramatically.

Thank god for dial-up and laptops is all im saying.

Ill see ya'll on the flipside of this tomorrow (hopefully)

Regards,

Lee

MikeW
09-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Sep 26 2004, 10:03 AM
who are "we"?
;)))

hehehe too bad, I DID .... twice! :bdance: :purpdance:

Winetalk.com
09-26-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by MikeW+Sep 26 2004, 10:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MikeW @ Sep 26 2004, 10:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Serge_Oprano@Sep 26 2004, 10:03 AM
who are "we"?
;)))

hehehe too bad, I DID .... twice! :bdance: :purpdance: [/b][/quote]
I couldn't because of ....

http://www.wyldesites.com/jeanne/

;-)))

pushpills
09-26-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Sep 26 2004, 09:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Sep 26 2004, 09:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by MikeW@Sep 26 2004, 10:08 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Serge_Oprano@Sep 26 2004, 10:03 AM
who are "we"?
;)))

hehehe too bad, I DID .... twice! :bdance: :purpdance:
I couldn't because of ....

http://www.wyldesites.com/jeanne/

;-))) [/b][/quote]
hmm.... bottle2.jpg

bottle up serges ass? :blink:

Cleo
09-26-2004, 05:32 PM
Now there is a visual I didn't need

Jesse_DD
09-26-2004, 06:29 PM
Hey Guys,

We had very strong gusts here for 12 hours. I have one small leak in my house that I have been trying to fix (trying is the key word).

Not nearly has strong as Charley but much longer.

I hope this season is over. I just want to relax and enjoy my Football Sundays!!

sharky
09-27-2004, 10:33 PM
We lost power at 10am on Sunday. I brought all my frozen food to my parents hosue as they didn't lose power. We were OK most of the night at our place without power, however today decided to get a hotel so we can bring the computers in and get some work done (It's a biz expense now!)
We'll stick it out here tonight and hopefully have power tomorrow. If not, I'll be grilling for MIkeAI in order to earn my keep!

Peaches
09-27-2004, 10:45 PM
I did learn something regarding the power: If you have an answering machine, you can use that to find out if the power's back on if you're not at home. When I went to Walmart the day after the power went out, I was going to buy stuff that could go into the fridge if the power went on when I was gone. Calling home was an easy way to check it :)

Hope you have power soon, Sharky! :okthumb:

sharky
09-28-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Sep 27 2004, 09:46 PM
I did learn something regarding the power: If you have an answering machine, you can use that to find out if the power's back on if you're not at home. When I went to Walmart the day after the power went out, I was going to buy stuff that could go into the fridge if the power went on when I was gone. Calling home was an easy way to check it :)

We do the exact same thing!

I just called and we have power at the office, but not the house. so we are leaving the hotel and heading to the office!

lol

Mike AI
09-28-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by sharky+Sep 28 2004, 08:09 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sharky @ Sep 28 2004, 08:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Peaches@Sep 27 2004, 09:46 PM

We do the exact same thing!

I just called and we have power at the office, but not the house. so we are leaving the hotel and heading to the office!

lol [/b][/quote]

That sucks you still do not have power at your house!!

sharky
09-28-2004, 11:20 AM
Power finally came back on!

we got home around 11:15 and the neighbors said power just came on.
I'm at the office now, computers are up again... now it's time for cleanup around the house.

Anyone wanna lend me a truck so I can run to Home Depot and buy 2 new fence panels? lol