PDA

View Full Version : Macromedia Products

Peaches
09-23-2004, 09:13 AM
My Dad won a 90 day full trial of Macromedia Breeze. Unfortunately, he has no use for it whatsoever. It's a server based product and he wants a desktop product.

So....he's trying to work out a deal with Macromedia where he can "swap" the value of Breeze for other Macromedia products or sell the 90 trial in his own. The full year of Breeze is $19K so he wants to ask for $4K of Macro products or sell it for $2-3K. But they also seem to have a subscription service that's $375 a month, so maybe it's not worth as much as they're telling him.

I checked on Ebay and didn't see anyone selling it so it's hard to judge.

I know there's Dreamweaver, but can anyone recommend any other Macro products he could barter for? Or where he might sell whatever the hell he has?

Cleo
09-23-2004, 09:26 AM
Flash would probably be the most useful for someone who does web work.

Freehand is a very good vector drawing program. Many of my accounts use it instead/with Adobe Illustrator.

Fireworks is good for doing buttons and that kind of stuff.

JR
09-23-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Sep 23 2004, 05:14 AM
My Dad won a 90 day full trial of Macromedia Breeze. Unfortunately, he has no use for it whatsoever. It's a server based product and he wants a desktop product.

So....he's trying to work out a deal with Macromedia where he can "swap" the value of Breeze for other Macromedia products or sell the 90 trial in his own. The full year of Breeze is $19K so he wants to ask for $4K of Macro products or sell it for $2-3K. But they also seem to have a subscription service that's $375 a month, so maybe it's not worth as much as they're telling him.

I know there's Dreamweaver, but can anyone recommend any other Macro products he could barter for? Or where he might sell whatever the hell he has?

hit me up when you get a chance - ICQ 89-632-715

Peaches
09-23-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by JR@Sep 23 2004, 09:33 AM
hit me up when you get a chance - ICQ 89-632-715
Thanks Cleo!

JR, I'm headed to ATL - I'll hit you up when I get back :)

Hell Puppy
09-23-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Sep 23 2004, 08:14 AM

I'd look for Studio MX.

Studio includes Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Freehand and Flash. It retails for around a grand.

It's a nice package to have if you do web development or graphic design, and I would think a shrink wrapped copy would move for a few hundred bucks on ebay quite easily if he has no need for it.

Of the individual packages, Dreamweaver and Flash belong in every designer's library. Fireworks and Freehand versus their Adobe equivalents of Photoshop, ImageReady and Illustrator tends to be a religious preference. All are fine products, but Adobe has the lion's share of the market.

Peaches
09-23-2004, 06:14 PM
Thanks, I'll suggest he get 2-3 of the Studio MX packages, keep one for himself and sell the rest.

It's really funny because he just went because he had nothing better to do. The presentation was filled with Fortune 100 reps and Dad. B) And the SOB wins the one prize they give out and doesn't even want it :lol:

Edd
09-23-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Sep 23 2004, 08:14 AM

All depends on what his needs are, Peaches.... Macromedia makes a TON of great products - I've been eyeballing Studio MX myself - the new on with Flash MX Pro... :blink: It really just boils down to what he needs to do, and if they have a tool for him - they've got all sorts of info about all their products online -

I've always used their stuff here at the Oprano Dungeon. WAY back when they first introduced Fireworks and Dreamweaver, I told Photoshop to fuck off and quit using it for design! Photoshop is entirely TOO slow an environment to work in for me - takes SO long to do something trivial... I've entirely shifted to Fireworks for all my graphics work. There's pretty much NOTHING that Photoshop did that Fireworks can't do BETTER and FASTER!!! And now with the unholy beast that is PhotoshopCS (talk about bloatware)... suffice it to say I'm happier than a pig in shit with my Macromedia products!

So happy, in fact, I think I'll make with the dancing fruit!
:bdance: :bjump: :bdance: :bjump: :bdance: :bjump: :bdance:

ps - if he gets some copies of Studio MX Pro let me know - I might be willing to buy one off him if he's selling cheaper than retail! :awinky:

Peaches
09-23-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Edd@Sep 23 2004, 06:18 PM
ps - if he gets some copies of Studio MX Pro let me know - I might be willing to buy one off him if he's selling cheaper than retail! :awinky:
Will do :)

sarettah
09-23-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Sep 23 2004, 05:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Sep 23 2004, 05:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Edd@Sep 23 2004, 06:18 PM
Will do :) [/b][/quote]
Me too :)

Yug
09-23-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by sarettah+Sep 23 2004, 04:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sarettah @ Sep 23 2004, 04:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Peaches@Sep 23 2004, 05:22 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Edd@Sep 23 2004, 06:18 PM
Will do :)
Me too :) [/b][/quote]
Me three :lol:

Try to look at Studio MX with Flash PRO ... The professional version of flash mx2004 tends to be alot more friendly if you are an actionscript junkie ...

You might also want to look at Director MX 2004, which retails for just over a grand. Very different kind of program to flash of course, but still alot of fun to play with, if not more so.