PDA

View Full Version : Selling on E-Bay

Mike AI
09-20-2004, 08:37 PM
I have a friend who wants to start selling stuff on Ebay, I mentioned there were some ebooks and other articles that give advice.

Do you have any suggestions or something I can send him?

thanks

Lee
09-20-2004, 08:39 PM
Mike,

Seriously its a trial and error process.

We did it a few months ago just for shits and giggles and well, the stuff that in reality should have sold didnt and the stuff that shouldnt have sold did.

We got close to $300 for a rubber enema bag LOL

Regards,

Lee

Mike AI
09-20-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Lee@Sep 20 2004, 07:40 PM
Mike,

Seriously its a trial and error process.

We did it a few months ago just for shits and giggles and well, the stuff that in reality should have sold didnt and the stuff that shouldnt have sold did.

Regards,

Lee

I think Billy bought that!!

My friend has a sign company, and wants to open an Ebay store. I think he is going to be selling decals and stickers - they kind you see people put on back of cars/trucks.

bootycapture
09-20-2004, 08:57 PM
sweet :rokk:

Lee
09-20-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Sep 20 2004, 04:48 PM
I think Billy bought that!!
I cannot confirm that statement however i definately cant deny it either ;)

Regards,

Lee

SykkBoy
09-20-2004, 11:52 PM
EBay has gotten pickier about ebook and software sales

I used to make a shitload selling floppy discs full of "hidden, taboo xxx websites they don't want you to see!" I guess I can let that cat out of the bag now that they don't sell anymore ;-))

I have a brother-in-law who makes kids wooden rocking chairs and he's going to start out selling them on EBay (mainly in Buy it Now auctions).

EBay is very much a viable option. You can also hit a site like liquidation.com and pick up bulk merchandise and resell it on EBay (just repackage the descriptions and bulk them up a little...

Mike AI
09-21-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Sep 20 2004, 10:53 PM

I used to make a shitload selling floppy discs full of "hidden, taboo xxx websites they don't want you to see!" I guess I can let that cat out of the bag now that they don't sell anymore ;-))

I have a brother-in-law who makes kids wooden rocking chairs and he's going to start out selling them on EBay (mainly in Buy it Now auctions).

EBay is very much a viable option. You can also hit a site like liquidation.com and pick up bulk merchandise and resell it on EBay (just repackage the descriptions and bulk them up a little...

Sykk I was actually looking FOR an ebook on how to effectively sell on e-bay. My friend wants to sell decals.

SykkBoy
09-21-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Sep 20 2004, 11:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Sep 20 2004, 11:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SykkBoy@Sep 20 2004, 10:53 PM

Sykk I was actually looking FOR an ebook on how to effectively sell on e-bay. My friend wants to sell decals. [/b][/quote]
I have a couple of them (with full resale rights ;-))
bah, let me grab you one and email it over...
there is actually some decent information in them.......

Dianna Vesta
09-21-2004, 10:10 AM
I sell on EBay. I started selling tropical fruit, nut, spice and citrus trees this spring. I made Power Seller within three months. I sell far more there then I do at my web site, however there are tricks and angles that help you make more because everyone on EBay is looking for a deal.

I did purchase a few E-books, I’m always the first buy information and save time. There were some good ideas but to be honest with you they were lame and full of up selling. They were also poorly complied and out dated.

I’m happy to help him if he’ll email me info(at)tamstrees.com

The best advantage that I found with EBay is building traffic and my brand. If you’re clever you can pull traffic without violating EBays rules. So even though I make less on the initial sale chances are that I’ll sell to that same person full retail or add on products. People look at your feed back and that alone is worth its weight in gold. Because of this I’ve had businesses contacting with some great offers.

There are people that sell for you on EBay but you have to really research someone who is capable of selling the product you have. As with any business, Customer Service is the key to repeat business and many of these people are just too busy.

My friends thought I lost my mind when I told them I wanted to sell trees. I was looking to do something else and I already garden and grow tropical trees. I decided to go with something I know and there’s no doubt there’s money in trees/plants/nursery business.

This is a shot in the dark but I know that a lot of you live in Florida. I’m signing deals now with catalogue companies to ship citrus trees directly to their customers. The problem is inventory. There isn’t enough of the type of trees I want to carry; dwarf and specialty types. These are shipped all over the US. Anyhow, if any of you know someone in citrus, groves, etc. who would like to pick up the slack on this there’s a nice chunk of money involved.

Thanks,
Dianna

Vick
09-21-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Lee@Sep 20 2004, 07:40 PM

New or Used? :lol:

kath
09-21-2004, 12:41 PM
I'm new to selling on eBay and am surprised at how well we're doing so soon... honestly, there are tons of ideas, tips and the community support board over there is a big help if you get in a jam (non-payer, what to do if..., etc.)

Stickers, decals and stuff IMHO would do well - low shipping cost, impulse buy - people love stickers... my mom bought a shitload of those Dale Earnhardt ones after he died in that crash thinking that they would sell out - at $1 a pop I'm sure that guy made a wad of cash, just on that one sticker.

And I agree on the trial and error... it's like site building - nobody can tell you what's gonna work for you or give you a blueprint... check out the rules/guidelines and how-tos on eBay.com and then make it your own....

Good luck to your friend! :bdance:

Lee
09-21-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Vick+Sep 21 2004, 06:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vick @ Sep 21 2004, 06:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lee@Sep 20 2004, 07:40 PM

New or Used? :lol: [/b][/quote]
Well since they havent made Rubber Enema bags since the early 80's i would say the chances were it was used LOL

Why you looking for one too Vick :blink: LOL

Regards,

Lee

Lee
09-21-2004, 01:12 PM
Kath..

Hit me up on AIM / ICQ please hon unless you would prefer i should call you :)

Regards,

Lee

JoesHO
09-21-2004, 03:22 PM
My wife has a store on Ebay, and she does pretty good with it...

they have an Ebay university on there site, and offer many other types of tutorials and the like...

Just tell your friend to browse on the sight for a while and read the stuff ebay provides.