PDA

View Full Version : Irish peace process talks at Leeds Castle.

chodadog
09-18-2004, 07:04 AM
Unionists, Brits and sellout Irishmen still bitching and moaning about the IRA after 10 years of cessation. Nevermind the ongoing violent activity of unionist paramilitaries and blatant violations of the good friday agreement being made by unionists and the british government.

But still, the focus is entirely on the IRA. Nobody is talking about the UDA, the UVF or the RHD, who are all still active. The RHD just recently attacked a nationalist pub armed with a stolen digger from a construction site and petrol bombs which they threw at customers once they breached the wall.

It's a give and take situation. Republicans and nationalists are doing all the giving and unionsts are doing all the taking. And in spite of all this, there are rumours that the IRA is planning to disarm completely to pave the way for power sharing and further progress of the good friday agreement. The IRA are not nice people, but they're clearly committed to the peace process, which is more than can be said for the British.

Winetalk.com
09-18-2004, 07:15 AM
when exactly in ALL British history were they _nice_?
;-)))

On the other hand, I can show you LOTS of cemeteries full of NICE people
;-)))

Winetalk.com
09-18-2004, 07:16 AM
Leeds Castle:

http://nocomments.com/London04/images/Leeds-Castle%20109.jpg

Winetalk.com
09-18-2004, 07:17 AM
one nice Brit
;_))

http://nocomments.com/London04/images/Leeds-Castle%20110.jpg

gonzo
09-18-2004, 08:20 AM
FREE IRELAND!!!!

Vick
09-18-2004, 08:39 AM
Give Ireland back to the Irish

chodadog
09-18-2004, 08:49 AM
I don't mind British people. I just can't stand the British institution. There's this ingrained sense of superiority over the Irish and they are determined to keep it alive. The six counties are the last part of their precious little empire. I don't think the common english person feels that way, though.

I don't even believe the average unionist hates the Irish. I think they're more concerned with the idea of losing their heritage and the shoe being put on the other foot after all these years. But I think republicans have made it pretty clear that they want a society of equal oppurtunity, and don't want a "payback" sort of situation.

But the high-ups.. The likes of Trimble and Paisley. These are the sort of people that are the greatest threat to the peace process. Constant anti catholic rhetoric and reinforcement of unionst fears about a united ireland. Anything to keep a fuckin' taig down.

JR
09-18-2004, 08:50 AM
everyone that refuses to submit, should be executed. why deviate from a method that worked well for 10's of thousands of years?