PDA

View Full Version : So Out Of Interest Which Is More Profitable...

Lee
09-12-2004, 03:10 PM
Seems like a lot of companies as of late have turned to sueing other companies / individuals in order to make money.

Titan, LFP, Netpond, Acacia to name but a few.

Is it really getting that hard to make money in the adult biz that this is the new business model?

Regards,

Lee

Mike AI
09-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Lee@Sep 12 2004, 02:11 PM
Seems like a lot of companies as of late have turned to sueing other companies / individuals in order to make money.

Is it really getting that hard to make money in the adult biz that this is the new business model?

Regards,

Lee

This has always been the case. We need major tort reform.

Hell Puppy
09-12-2004, 06:00 PM
This is easily fixed but never will be so long as politics is the natural career path for lawyers....

All you have to do is add a rule that loser pays for all legal costs.

SykkBoy
09-12-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Sep 12 2004, 05:01 PM
This is easily fixed but never will be so long as politics is the natural career path for lawyers....

All you have to do is add a rule that loser pays for all legal costs.
the problem with this is if a big corporation is in the wrong, a little guy will not take them to court for fear of not being able to hire a better attorney and being liable for inflated legal costs...

Paul Markham
09-12-2004, 11:36 PM
If someone steals your site, traffic, content, idea, etc and then tells you to stuff it what do you suggest be done instead of going to court?

Send in the strong arm guys?

Agreed companies like Acacia need their wings clipped, but we also need the law to protect ourselves.

The loser does pay the court costs, if he has the money.

Meat
09-13-2004, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Lee@Sep 12 2004, 11:11 AM

Regards,

Lee
Lee, not sure about the others but netpond isnt suing to make money...ever tried buying a lawyer for a court case? We spend a fortune on lawyers, in Voltars case he probably doesnt have 2 bucks to rub togther so we dont anticpate collecting much from our recent award, yea we got 1.5 mill but voltar doesnt have that kind of money, we knew that before we started proceedings and we will be very suprised if he does have anywhere close to that kind of dosh.

we sued on prinicple, we got a judgement, will keep you updated as to how much money we lost or made on the deal.

We will be suing sextracker but even so they are debt laden company with assets off shore so what we collect fromt hat will remain to be seen.

He stole about 400,000 hits a day from us and our clients which equates to alot fo money in lost revenue and it caused secondary problems as well, we will never repcoup from him what he fucked us for but again we will have the pleasure of a judgement and the bbest reward from that case is when we hand the evidence over to FBI and he winds up in jail for rest of his life.

If you guys new how much sextracker had stolen from you, im sure most of the adult internet companies would be filing suit against him also.

gonzo
09-13-2004, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Meat+Sep 13 2004, 02:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Meat @ Sep 13 2004, 02:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lee@Sep 12 2004, 11:11 AM

Regards,

Lee
Lee, not sure about the others but netpond isnt suing to make money...ever tried buying a lawyer for a court case? We spend a fortune on lawyers, in Voltars case he probably doesnt have 2 bucks to rub togther so we dont anticpate collecting much from our recent award, yea we got 1.5 mill but voltar doesnt have that kind of money, we knew that before we started proceedings and we will be very suprised if he does have anywhere close to that kind of dosh.

we sued on prinicple, we got a judgement, will keep you updated as to how much money we lost or made on the deal.

We will be suing sextracker but even so they are debt laden company with assets off shore so what we collect fromt hat will remain to be seen.

He stole about 400,000 hits a day from us and our clients which equates to alot fo money in lost revenue and it caused secondary problems as well, we will never repcoup from him what he fucked us for but again we will have the pleasure of a judgement and the bbest reward from that case is when we hand the evidence over to FBI and he winds up in jail for rest of his life.

If you guys new how much sextracker had stolen from you, im sure most of the adult internet companies would be filing suit against him also. [/b][/quote]
Kinda like a certain toolbar? Hits....ref codes...revenue... what the fuck....its ok ...nobody got hurt!

Meat
09-13-2004, 03:48 AM
dont know about hoopers stuff gonzo but i do know that Sextracker has probably comitted the biggest internet fraud in history that has seriously adversly affected millions and millions of surfers and hundreds of adult internet companies.

When Bode has been exposed and jailed, it will make the high society guys look like saints.

gonzo
09-13-2004, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Meat@Sep 13 2004, 02:49 AM
dont know about hoopers stuff gonzo but i do know that Sextracker has probably comitted the biggest internet fraud in history that has seriously adversly affected millions and millions of surfers and hundreds of adult internet companies.

When Bode has been exposed and jailed, it will make the high society guys look like saints.
Do what you think is right Meat. I know I do. I question some of these folks basic values between right and wrong. Surely Momma didnt raise em to act like that.

I also wonder how many will be reemployable "after the fall"?

RawAlex
09-13-2004, 05:33 AM
I am waiting for someone to take legal action against redirector malware companies. I remember when this stuff first came out (and Oprano member was near the front on this), changing the hosts files to redirect surfers from one site to another. Now it is done in much more sophisticaed ways, but the end result is the same. You type "thissite.com" in your address bar, and you end up at "thatsite.com" instead.

Anything that is installed by using trojans, back doors, security holes, and whatnot to autointall without the end user's knowledge fails the stink test. Those who profit from it are not long for the business... even the government is coming for your asses.

Alex

gonzo
09-13-2004, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by RawAlex@Sep 13 2004, 04:34 AM
I am waiting for someone to take legal action against redirector malware companies. I remember when this stuff first came out (and Oprano member was near the front on this), changing the hosts files to redirect surfers from one site to another. Now it is done in much more sophisticaed ways, but the end result is the same. You type "thissite.com" in your address bar, and you end up at "thatsite.com" instead.

Anything that is installed by using trojans, back doors, security holes, and whatnot to autointall without the end user's knowledge fails the stink test. Those who profit from it are not long for the business... even the government is coming for your asses.

Alex
So you dont buy that its creative marketing either?

JR
09-13-2004, 07:07 AM
i guess the answer would largely depend on whether or not you were an attorney.

Candice
09-13-2004, 07:19 AM
i think that's how things are nowadays..to make money you have to do everything...everything has to be in legal ways. :okthumb:

RawAlex
09-13-2004, 11:22 AM
Gonzo, it is creative marketing, if you think that jumping into someone's car and forcing them to drive where they didn't want to go to start with as creative. Imagine Home Depot with a crowd of armed people in front of Lowes stores, jumping into cars as people try to enter and forcing them to go to home depot. It's creative as all get out.

Illegal, too.

Alex