PDA

View Full Version : News You Can Use

Vick
09-08-2004, 05:05 PM
In case you don't know tomorrow the REAL NFL season starts with the Defending World Champ Patriots taking on the Payton (choke) Manning lead Indianapolis Cocksuckers
(yeah that's right, cocksuckers - until the Silver & Blue is back in Baltimore the Dolts are cursed worse than the Red Sox)

In other NFL news

Safety Jason Sehorn failed his physical with the St. Louis Rams on Wednesday, nullifying the free-agent contract he signed

The Dolphins acquired Lamar Gordon from the St. Louis Rams on Wednesday in exchange for a third-round draft pick in 2005.
Gordon filled in for the injured Marshall Faulk the past season starting 4 games and averaging 4.2 a carry

As if we all didn't know already Duce Staley will start at RB instead of Jerome Bettis for the Steelers. While Bettis has been a great back, the last few years look like the Bus ran out of gas

In a personal heartbreaker the Raven's cut KR-PR Lamont Brightful, the smallest man in the NFL at 160 lbs

Philly coach Andy Reid received a four-year contract extension on Wednesday that will take him through the 2010 season. Reid is a great coach, has done a great job but, how many times can you lose the NFC championship game AT HOME!!! 2 in a row so far

GET YOUR PICKS IN FOR THE NFL - http://natnetpickem.com/
PureCash Nat Net Pick'em
so you don't miss Thursday's Game

DrGuile
09-08-2004, 05:49 PM
I predict a NE win tomorrow, but by less than 3.5 points.

I am torn in my fantasy football decision between starting Tom Brady or Jake Plummer

its killing me. Brady is more reliable, but he as a sore throwing shoulder and plays a well ranked past defense (last year). Plummer plays KC which as a very average pass defense...

urgh...

:agrin:

Vick
09-08-2004, 05:54 PM
My starting fantasy QB decision isn't that hard

I have Micheal Vick
and
Drew Bledsoe

Mike AI
09-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Sep 8 2004, 04:55 PM

I have Micheal Vick
and
Drew Bledsoe
Actually with Vick being hurt and not doing to well in preseason - this is not a slam dunk answer.

Gator
09-09-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by DrGuile@Sep 8 2004, 01:50 PM

I am torn in my fantasy football decision between starting Tom Brady or Jake Plummer

its killing me. Brady is more reliable, but he as a sore throwing shoulder and plays a well ranked past defense (last year). Plummer plays KC which as a very average pass defense...

urgh...

I'd start Brady because he has more weapons to throw to. All the Pats receivers are good, including their tight ends.

Vick
09-09-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Sep 8 2004, 05:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Sep 8 2004, 05:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vick@Sep 8 2004, 04:55 PM

I have Micheal Vick
and
Drew Bledsoe
Actually with Vick being hurt and not doing to well in preseason - this is not a slam dunk answer. [/b][/quote]
I'm good with starting Vick over Bledsoe

My big question is weather to stick with Peerless Price who has been injured at WR or use one of my backups, Javon Walker or Kevin Johnson

Johnson may want to have a big game against his former team but I still expect the raven's offensive to be skewed toward running

DrGuile
09-09-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Sep 8 2004, 05:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Sep 8 2004, 05:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vick@Sep 8 2004, 04:55 PM

I have Micheal Vick
and
Drew Bledsoe
Actually with Vick being hurt and not doing to well in preseason - this is not a slam dunk answer. [/b][/quote]
Vick in a heartbeat...

until he gets something broken ;)

DrGuile
09-10-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by DrGuile@Sep 8 2004, 04:50 PM

I sure called that one!

Meni
09-10-2004, 09:53 AM
This is my first year doing fantasy
I read up a lot
so I waited till 6th round for QB
there was BRADY
yeah 29 points I think last night!
I was picking 3
Priest goes 1
and the kid picking 2, picks a BACKUP QB, to be funny
thank you
Meni @ 3 picks LT!!!!
Andre Johnson HOU
and Chad Johnson cinci are my wr
I am starting DUCE over Stephen Davis, (i didnt' realize Carolina lost 4 guys from the O line and they will THROW much more this season)
I have 2 D's
Tenn
and Buff
both top 10 D's
i figure if i'm interested in something i put a lot into it
and already i'm hitting the waiver wire
ssshhh
get KC's Kicker
i'm dumping my ATL Kicker for him
sshhh dont' tell anyone in my league

Meni
09-10-2004, 09:54 AM
Dr Guile start Brady EVERY GAME
you don't sit your superstar
Jake can play week 3
i'm pickign him up on waivers incase I don't like Carson that week
Jake Plummer went UNDRAFTED

DrGuile
09-10-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Meni@Sep 10 2004, 08:55 AM
Jake can play week 3
Brady is no superstar. He had a good 1st week, and I did start him, but check last year's number, he's maybe #6-10 QB.

He'll do.

Meni, you play in a clown league, (waste pick #2? eh), how hard could it be to win...

btw, Duce will loose goal line carries to Bettis, Davis should not loose them to Foster....

Meni
09-10-2004, 12:05 PM
dr guile I guarantee my team is better than yours
talk to Karbell
and tell him you want to sit brady

do you know who hector and victor are?
duce is looking at 17 points
davis 12
i'll sit davis

Meni
09-10-2004, 12:10 PM
Vick for you

price: Could face some single coverage against blitz-happy 49ers D

walker: Will dominate Panthers' puny cornerbacks. A good bet to score

both are estimated to get 13 points
but price has more potential doing better than 13

Meni
09-10-2004, 12:13 PM
Do DR Guile
Tom Brady isn't the ideal fantasy quarterback, but he ain't bad. Fantasy owners have to love his consistency and ability to overcome tough matchups. The comparisons to Montana -- and I'm serious here -- are not at all hyperbole. No one in the game today has a more impressive combination of poise, smarts and accuracy. He will help make Deion Branch a star this year.

and realize
no one who draft MANNING wins their league
leave your QBs for the 6th round

Vick
09-10-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Meni@Sep 10 2004, 11:11 AM
Vick for you

price: Could face some single coverage against blitz-happy 49ers D

walker: Will dominate Panthers' puny cornerbacks. A good bet to score

both are estimated to get 13 points
but price has more potential doing better than 13
Meni - thanks

I think Walker could be a huge sleeper pick (I got him in the 8th round or so) if he and Farve start hooking up big
Walker has the tools, speed and hands

Price had an off season (for him) last year but Vick was out

Eric Moulds is my other starter at WR right now but before the end of the year I have a feeling it will be Walker

Had Cory Dillion starting last night, he only got 8 points (for 86 yards rushing) in the league I'm in but still I enjoyed the offensive sets the Pat's started the game with

Have Shaun Alexander as my #1 back

and Moe Williams as my 3rd back, he gets a lot of goal line work

DrGuile
09-10-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Meni@Sep 10 2004, 11:14 AM
Do DR Guile
Tom Brady isn't the ideal fantasy quarterback, but he ain't bad. Fantasy owners have to love his consistency and ability to overcome tough matchups. The comparisons to Montana -- and I'm serious here -- are not at all hyperbole. No one in the game today has a more impressive combination of poise, smarts and accuracy. He will help make Deion Branch a star this year.

and realize
no one who draft MANNING wins their league
leave your QBs for the 6th round
That's exactly the thought I had when I picked him.

The difference between #1 QB and #10 is fairly negligeable compared to the difference between #1 RB and #10

So I went RB for my first two picks, which in most scoring systems is just common sense.

Jury is still out on Staley and Davis is a proven workhorse... Staley has more upside but Im not sure about week 1. The fact that he's used in the passing game might be the deciding factor.

neither are too appealing because of who they are playing. Sapp and Washington will want to make a splash and the Packers only gave up 1 100 yards game in their last 11 games last season.

I do hope Hines Ward gets a couple TDs though ;)

edit
I picked brady in the 5-6th round too. and picking two D's is odd at best.

Gator
09-11-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by DrGuile+Sep 10 2004, 06:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrGuile @ Sep 10 2004, 06:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Meni@Sep 10 2004, 08:55 AM
Jake can play week 3
Brady is no superstar. He had a good 1st week, and I did start him, but check last year's number, he's maybe #6-10 QB.

He'll do.

Meni, you play in a clown league, (waste pick #2? eh), how hard could it be to win...

btw, Duce will loose goal line carries to Bettis, Davis should not loose them to Foster.... [/b][/quote]
Brady's a superstar IMO, but maybe not in a fantasy league. My 2 cents is not to go by last years numbers for any player.

DrGuile
09-13-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by DrGuile@Sep 10 2004, 09:36 AM
btw, Duce will loose goal line carries to Bettis
Hmm, called that one too it seems ;)

Meni
09-13-2004, 02:53 PM
I won my matchup
but Andre Johson underperformed
and poor Duce didn't get to carry the ball cuz of Bettis
and this will continue
pick up Roy Williams of DET