PDA

View Full Version : I think the storm eye is right over my house!

Mike AI
09-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Most of my friends in Tampa do not have power....

So far we still have power - but the storm is not moving.

Crazy.

I am going going nuts being stuck in the house.

I can never remember a storm that traveled so slow!

grimm
09-05-2004, 07:02 PM
take pictures!

Mike AI
09-05-2004, 07:04 PM
I took a few - they are not that impressive.

The pond behind me had some white caps.... that is about it.

cj
09-05-2004, 07:42 PM
that must be really wierd - i can't believe you still have power though if half of the storm has passed over? that's great news

it seems like many opranauts aren't accounted for ... I hope they are all doing ok

Cleo
09-05-2004, 07:56 PM
I'm over Angel's house now as she has power which is strange as she only lives about four kilometers north of me and all the houses around me do not have power.

The tree that fell on my house is slowly crushing my roof and I have a lake inside that part of my house now. I also lost a few more trees in my front yard.

You would think that I would be upset but I really have been wanting to remodel my whole house anyway.

I'm thinking with the money I get from insurance plus a disaster relief loan a new roof, new kitchen, new bathrooms, and new flooring.

It is going to suck living in my guest room for awhile.

Cleo
09-05-2004, 08:00 PM
Oops, meant to post that in the other hurricane thread.

Mike glad to hear that the storm wasn't that bad by the time it made it over to you.

Luna
09-05-2004, 08:21 PM
Glad to know you and yours is ok Mike, it is getting boring we still have some winds and a little bit of rain , the good news is that I didn't lost my power!
Cleo my dear, I am guessing you already is thinking on shopping...lol

Mike AI
09-05-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Cleo@Sep 5 2004, 07:01 PM
Oops, meant to post that in the other hurricane thread.

Mike glad to hear that the storm wasn't that bad by the time it made it over to you.

Thanks Cleo.

Glad you were ok - and cannot wait to see your remodeling!!

:okthumb:

cj
09-06-2004, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Cleo@Sep 5 2004, 06:57 PM
I'm over Angel's house now as she has power which is strange as she only lives about four kilometers north of me and all the houses around me do not have power.

The tree that fell on my house is slowly crushing my roof and I have a lake inside that part of my house now. I also lost a few more trees in my front yard.

You would think that I would be upset but I really have been wanting to remodel my whole house anyway.

I'm thinking with the money I get from insurance plus a disaster relief loan a new roof, new kitchen, new bathrooms, and new flooring.

LMAO this is what I love about you cleo, you never lose that positive attitude :biglaugh:

Has anyone heard if serge & sue are ok?

Peaches
09-06-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by cj+Sep 6 2004, 02:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cj @ Sep 6 2004, 02:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cleo@Sep 5 2004, 06:57 PM

LMAO this is what I love about you cleo, you never lose that positive attitude :biglaugh:

Has anyone heard if serge & sue are ok? [/b][/quote]
IIRC, they are in NJ?

Looks like there's another one in the mix :(

Michael's still showing up on ICQ so I'm ASSuming that means they still have power....

Evil Chris
09-06-2004, 10:14 AM
yikes.... I hope you pull through this storm ok with no injuries or damage Mike.

Mike AI
09-06-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Sep 6 2004, 09:15 AM
yikes.... I hope you pull through this storm ok with no injuries or damage Mike.

I just woke up and this sucker is still giving us fits!!

Infact it is windier then it was yesterday.

sharky
09-07-2004, 10:45 AM
Woo hoo! I made it! We are alive!

Glad you guys fared well Mike.
We saw Mike M. at the super buffet chinese place on Sunday (it was the only place open in town). He was without power, as were we. We were discussing when we should go raid your house if we still didn't have power on Monday!

Peaches
09-07-2004, 11:00 AM
She must have petered out over Atlanta. Schools down there are closed, fallen trees everywhere and 300K people are w/o power.

A few VERY weak gusts of wind, about an inch and a half of rain is all we've gotten so far in the hills.

Mike AI
09-07-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by sharky@Sep 7 2004, 09:46 AM

We saw Mike M. at the super buffet chinese place on Sunday (it was the only place open in town). He was without power, as were we. We were discussing when we should go raid your house if we still didn't have power on Monday!
Ya'll were both welcome over here.

We have plenty of space!!

Could have had someone to school in Madden Football!

:P

sharky
09-07-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Sep 7 2004, 10:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Sep 7 2004, 10:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sharky@Sep 7 2004, 09:46 AM

Ya'll were both welcome over here.

We have plenty of space!!

Could have had someone to school in Madden Football!

:P [/b][/quote]
lol.. I never claimed to be good at madden!

We had refugees from St Pete at our house, so I dind't want to impose with a few more uninvited guests!

However if Ivan comes, we are shacking up with you!

Hell Puppy
09-07-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Sep 7 2004, 10:01 AM
She must have petered out over Atlanta. Schools down there are closed, fallen trees everywhere and 300K people are w/o power.

A few VERY weak gusts of wind, about an inch and a half of rain is all we've gotten so far in the hills.
Yeah, dumped a ton of rain, wind was still gusting to like 50 mph as it came thru last night. I'm sure rush hour was a mess.

We're currently in what's left of the eye waiting for the other side. Looking like it may hit just in time for evening rush hour.