PDA

View Full Version : Fresh jokes on your website twice daily?

Naughty
09-02-2004, 10:04 AM
If you like to get some humor on your site, i've created this feed that is updated twice a day. No ads on it, just the first 20+ words of the joke, they have to click the link to read the rest on our site ...

http://www.maddaisy.com/rss/fun.xml

If you want to use if but don't know how to implement it I can help.

Here's an example:
http://www.maddaisy.com/rss/rss.php

You can have any number < 10 on there if you want though.

Winetalk.com
09-02-2004, 10:13 AM
old man comes to the doctor and tells him that he is going to get married.
He tells doctor that he is 87 years old and his bride is 21.
Doctor advices him against, because at this age difference, the possibuility of lethal ending during sex is very much possible.
Old man replies:
well.....so she'll die.

cj
09-02-2004, 10:29 AM
naughty this is very cool :okthumb:

i'd really like something like this in my celeb members areas but I don't like to send members clicking elsewhere or show them blatant ads ... i did notice its free and you load the joke in a new window ... that is cool

what options can you offer to paysite webmasters as the feed seems more free site webmaster orientated?

Naughty
09-02-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by cj@Sep 2 2004, 06:30 AM
naughty this is very cool :okthumb:

i'd really like something like this in my celeb members areas but I don't like to send members clicking elsewhere or show them blatant ads ... i did notice its free and you load the joke in a new window ... that is cool

what options can you offer to paysite webmasters as the feed seems more free site webmaster orientated?
CJ, thanks. I noticed the rss feeds are gettin gmore and more populair, so we jumped on the wagon.

We're also working on - actually it is kinda finished, awaiting solid plans - a feed for webmasters to put on their pages, both for surfers as webmasters.

Program owners and the like can then post newsitems on our site and they will be shown on all the pages where the code is at. Those would be accompanied by 1 ad per 10 lines though. Ideal for bulletin boards.

As for your second question:
We would be able to offer paysite owners just about anything, we could create the jokes thing the same, e.g. 1 to 3 complete jokes, but there has to be a link to one of our sites or an advertisement to make it worth the time and effort of course.

If you have questions or suggestions you can always hit me up on icq (125586484), email (paul AT inpresif d0t nl) or msn (inpresif@hotmail.com).