PDA

View Full Version : Are The Libertarians Headed For Extinction?

SykkBoy
09-02-2004, 03:32 AM
I attended a Libertarian Political Rally tonight and it was nothing but a disorganized mess. Everyone was bickering and just seemed to be trying to spite those who shared an opposing viewpoint....

No wonder the party is never taken seriously and is headed for extinction...I'm very disappointed...I felt like I was back in highschool...

OldJeff
09-02-2004, 12:18 PM
Probably,

As long as our system has only the demicans and republicrates controling the funding we will never have a viable third party.

The only chance was Perot and that is because he had enough of his own money to finance the campaign.

It is so unfortunate that we preach the world should be a democracy, yet our own contry is really controlled by so few

eroswebmaster
09-02-2004, 01:20 PM
Also they align themselves with the likes of The John Birch Society and Lyndon Larouche...at least the Liberterians I've dealt with in Texas do.

SykkBoy
09-02-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by eroswebmaster@Sep 2 2004, 12:21 PM
Also they align themselves with the likes of The John Birch Society and Lyndon Larouche...at least the Liberterians I've dealt with in Texas do.
Yeah, there were a few of them and a couple token anarchists and tax non-payers...

It shouldn't really have been called a rally, because the only thing people reallying around was the coffee and donut table...

eroswebmaster
09-02-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy+Sep 2 2004, 09:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SykkBoy @ Sep 2 2004, 09:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-eroswebmaster@Sep 2 2004, 12:21 PM
Yeah, there were a few of them and a couple token anarchists and tax non-payers...

It shouldn't really have been called a rally, because the only thing people reallying around was the coffee and donut table... [/b][/quote]
All that aside..as you and I discussed before I'm more Liberterian than anything else.

SykkBoy
09-02-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by eroswebmaster+Sep 2 2004, 02:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (eroswebmaster @ Sep 2 2004, 02:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by SykkBoy@Sep 2 2004, 09:40 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-eroswebmaster@Sep 2 2004, 12:21 PM

It shouldn't really have been called a rally, because the only thing people reallying around was the coffee and donut table...
All that aside..as you and I discussed before I'm more Liberterian than anything else. [/b][/quote]
same here
I share a lot of views with the Dems, some with the Repubs and a lot with the Libertarians...I just hate seeing all of the party infighting amongst the Libertarians.

Hell Puppy
09-03-2004, 05:14 PM
Harry Brown doomed any chance they had of being taken seriously at a national level for a long time with his comments after 9/11. Libertarian national security policy is largely isolationist. Brown's statements basically came across as saying "told you so" but without offering a clear decisive response. He really looked unsure of himself or what to do....not the signs you look for from a would-be leader in time of national crisis.

He definitely killed any chance he ever had of being President, and may have done irrevocable harm to the party.

And it's a shame because I think a lot of people have libertarian leanings, but our current system makes it near impossible for anyone outside the DNC or RNC to gain traction and run a viable candidacy at the national level. You will find the occasional libertarian in local office.