PDA

View Full Version : Oprano golfers

Evil Chris
08-31-2004, 03:12 PM
What's your lowest score of the year so far?

I'm breaking 100 on a regular basis now. Best score so far this year is 93 (which I've managed on 2 occasions).

I've realized that I need to play smarter, and not try to kill it on my approach shot. Saves a lot of strokes.

Mike AI
08-31-2004, 03:15 PM
I was thinking the other day I need to develop a golf habit.

The subdivision I live in Tampa has 2 courses in it. I just need to make some time.

I need to hire a pro for lessons for a few weeks or something....

Any suggestions for a wannabe hack??

Billy
08-31-2004, 03:27 PM
Mike.. simple..

BUY more Balls !

Monk
08-31-2004, 03:28 PM
:bdance: 81 :cdance:

mojobill
08-31-2004, 04:08 PM
I have only managed to get out three times this year...

Once in April at the Atlanta Show.... shot 99

Twice in Florida after the Miami Show.... Shot 93 and 95

Far above what I used to shoot, but considering how little I've played in recent years, I'll take em ;-)

pushpills
08-31-2004, 05:56 PM
Supposively there's one near millenium park??

I've never seen it.

Golfed once this year with a couple mortgage brokers, did pretty poorly.

Monk
08-31-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by pushpills@Aug 31 2004, 04:57 PM
Supposively there's one near millenium park??

... and I figured you for a suposably kinda guy.

Vick
08-31-2004, 07:14 PM
I consistantly shoot under 54 here
http://allearsnet.com/btp/golf.htm

I'll be playing this again course in a few weeks B)

XXXPhoto
08-31-2004, 07:32 PM
82 lowest this year... 85-87 most times...

Mike, if you are seriously thinking about learning to play, hit the ranges rather than the courses... Hitting two buckets a week will do wonders for your game, much more so than 18 holes will... If you do want to hit the course, playing from the back tees for a few weeks will also shave a stroke or two if you bump back to the mids or front box.

Peaches
08-31-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by XXXPhoto@Aug 31 2004, 07:33 PM
82 lowest this year... 85-87 most times...

Mike, if you are seriously thinking about learning to play, hit the ranges rather than the courses... Hitting two buckets a week will do wonders for your game, much more so than 18 holes will... If you do want to hit the course, playing from the back tees for a few weeks will also shave a stroke or two if you bump back to the mids or front box.
I saw you posted on this thread and figured you'd posted your hole in one award.....again...... :nyanya:

XXXPhoto
08-31-2004, 07:59 PM
Peaches,

Well it's two years old on the 9th... Maybe I'll post it then... lol

Evil Chris
09-01-2004, 09:54 AM
Mark, those are impressive numbers. How often do you play?

I remember the days of trying hard to break 100. Now I mostly do, and I don't think it's because I am a better player, just a smarter player. Next milestone is 90.

No ace yet, and no eagles either. Hopefully one day soon though.

XXXPhoto
09-01-2004, 10:38 AM
July was crap, hit range alot but only the links once I think, August I played at least once a week, sometimes twice... maybe 6 total? Those are whites scores, not the blues... can add 3 strokes for the blues just for distance... lol...

For me the biggest thing I've changed is hitting shags. Was 90s last year and got in and hit bucket or two when I could last fall and spring and it really helped. Not as fun as playing, but a few hundred practice shots is going to improve your game and that makes the game more fun (less frustrating)... lol

I stopped trying to kill the ball, try to put it down the middle every shot. If I flub or make a bad shot, I try to not compound it by messing up the next shot. I also count every stroke and don't touch my ball til it's on the green. Those two things are tough to do if others aren't doing it and not in the habit, but have made me a better player since I started cause makes me think about my shots more.

Guy I shoot with is a friend from HS and we might say 100 words in 18 holes. Not everyone is like that, nor is that everyones idea of a good time. For us it works cause we just really like to play rather than chit chat. Every woman I've ever tried to explain that too couldn't understand it, but think you'll get it... lol

steves
09-01-2004, 12:53 PM
I'm usually low to mid 80's. I'm playing less this year than last year and playing better because of it.

Had one 3 over par this year with a triple boggie on the 18th. Best round ever.

Nickatilynx
09-01-2004, 01:04 PM
76 is my best score. :)

Uusally mid to high 80s

Chris ,

You are soooooo right .

Course managment is what shaves shots rapidly. Knowing where to miss. Knowing to not try and play a shot that Tiger Woods would not ever try , ie chip out , take the bogey and move on.

Oh...and weight of putts....forget the line of the putt , get the weight right and its a tap in 2 putt.

Thye other thing that improves your game rapidly is playing for $500 -1000 a hole!!!!!

;-))))

*KK*
09-01-2004, 01:05 PM
It's been downhill since I hit that damn hole in one ;)

Vick
09-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Sep 1 2004, 12:05 PM
playing for $500 -1000 a hole!!!!!

;-))))
I'd get cheaper working girls but that's just me :P