PDA

View Full Version : Crater Lake from the air

Winetalk.com
08-26-2004, 10:26 AM
this is how Yellowstone will look 8000 years after eruption....but 100 times bigger
;-))

http://english.wunderground.com/data/wximagenew/r/RocknDoggy/6.jpg

spazlabz
08-26-2004, 10:29 AM
wow very cool pic Serge

spaz :matey:

Bishop
08-26-2004, 10:41 AM
I drove past the signs for that once.. I wanted to go but the wife didn't. I didn't get to see it.. <_<

Mike AI
08-26-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Bishop@Aug 26 2004, 09:42 AM
I drove past the signs for that once.. I wanted to go but the wife didn't. I didn't get to see it.. <_<

Guess we know who wears the pants in the family.

:P

Winetalk.com
08-26-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Aug 26 2004, 09:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Aug 26 2004, 09:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bishop@Aug 26 2004, 09:42 AM

:P [/b][/quote]
in my family my wife wears pants and I wear Mickey Mouth ears...I hope this revelation wasn't too kinky for the eyes of the average Opranoid
;-))))

Mike AI
08-26-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Aug 26 2004, 10:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Aug 26 2004, 10:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Mike AI@Aug 26 2004, 09:47 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Bishop@Aug 26 2004, 09:42 AM

in my family my wife wears pants and I wear Mickey Mouth ears...I hope this revelation wasn't too kinky for the eyes of the average Opranoid
;-)))) [/b][/quote]

I cannot comment. Today is Katie's borthday. She is on a shoot. I will be home making cupcakes at her request.

Anyone have any recipes?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Peaches
08-26-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Aug 26 2004, 11:23 AM
I cannot comment. Today is Katie's borthday. She is on a shoot. I will be home making cupcakes at her request.

Anyone have any recipes?

Publix :)

When CT was growing up I used to tell him the mothers who didn't love their children scrimped and wouldn't fork out the big bucks for a store bought cake :P

Bishop
08-26-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Aug 26 2004, 10:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Aug 26 2004, 10:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Mike AI@Aug 26 2004, 09:47 AM

;-)))) [/b][/quote]

Oh my god! Your wife makes you wear the ears to? I don't feel so alone now.

Winetalk.com
08-26-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Bishop+Aug 26 2004, 10:48 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bishop @ Aug 26 2004, 10:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Aug 26 2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Aug 26 2004, 09:47 AM

;-))))

Oh my god! Your wife makes you wear the ears to? I don't feel so alone now. [/b][/quote]
yeap.....she says I look cute with them..._almost_ Hooperlike, ot Prince Charles, make your pick ;-)))
;-)))

SykkBoy
08-26-2004, 12:30 PM

;-)))) [/b][/quote]
at least YOUR wife allows you to wear yours on your head......my wife is decidedly more cruel

SykkBoy
08-26-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Aug 26 2004, 10:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Aug 26 2004, 10:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Aug 26 2004, 10:07 AM

;-))))

Anyone have any recipes?

:lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
Oddly enough, in all of my experience as a chef, baking was something I wish I'd studied more as I suck at it (I'm better with "little of this, little of that" method and baking is too much about precision and measuring...no room for gut instincts)

Winetalk.com
08-26-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy+Aug 26 2004, 11:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SykkBoy @ Aug 26 2004, 11:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Aug 26 2004, 10:07 AM

;-))))
at least YOUR wife allows you to wear yours on your head......my wife is decidedly more cruel [/b][/quote]
I do NOT recall saying anything about head....if I went into the details, it would be DEFINATELLY too kinky for an average Opranoid
;-))))

Mike AI
08-26-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Aug 26 2004, 10:25 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Aug 26 2004, 10:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mike AI@Aug 26 2004, 11:23 AM

Anyone have any recipes?

Publix :)

When CT was growing up I used to tell him the mothers who didn't love their children scrimped and wouldn't fork out the big bucks for a store bought cake :P [/b][/quote]

Peaches, I tried to pass of Publix cupcakes last year. She was not happy. Apparently she wants me to labor over them.

I just got back from Publix, spent $80 on cupcake making material. I have every color icing available. These aregoing to be the best cupcakes ever. I am documenting each step with the digital camera!

I cannot beleive I am taking the whole day off to bake cupcakes....

:lol:

Peaches
08-26-2004, 12:53 PM
You're a good husband, Michael. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Dravyk
08-26-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Aug 26 2004, 01:50 PM
I would make a joke about getting in touch with your feminine side, Mike ... But it would end up with us comparing recipes!! :)

Made my first (in a long time) pie a couple of weeks ago. Was a disaster, now I remember why I don't make pies. The shell stuck to the bottom, the merange didnt rise, it fell flat, and the banana cream filling wouldn't gel either; you cut it and it slipped out like pudding. It was delicious, but it wasn't exactly what one could actually call a "pie".

I do make a hell of an apricot glaze for grilled chicken though, and a brown sugar - dijon one for grilled salmon that is to die for! Honestly! Yum.

Mike AI
08-26-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk+Aug 26 2004, 12:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dravyk @ Aug 26 2004, 12:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mike AI@Aug 26 2004, 01:50 PM
I would make a joke about getting in touch with your feminine side, Mike ... But it would end up with us comparing recipes!! :)

Made my first (in a long time) pie a couple of weeks ago. Was a disaster, now I remember why I don't make pies. The shell stuck to the bottom, the merange didnt rise, it fell flat, and the banana cream filling wouldn't gel either; you cut it and it slipped out like pudding. It was delicious, but it wasn't exactly what one could actually call a "pie".

I do make a hell of an apricot glaze for grilled chicken though, and a brown sugar - dijon one for grilled salmon that is to die for! Honestly! Yum. [/b][/quote]

I am a great husband. But I am inspired to be by a great woman.

Also haveto mention all the other girls I have dated who helped shape me into who I am now. Some of them got them had to deal with a real goof ball. hahaha

Dravyk
08-26-2004, 01:48 PM
I understand. hehe I got into cooking in my twenties for a few reasons. Among them, yes, the women I dated.

Well, now that I think of it, the very first thing that got me cooking was seeing how my buddies lived. Bunch of us were outta college and into the real world. Some of us were still at "home" and getting ready to leave and get our own places, and others had already made that jump.

I'd go over my buddies new apartments and they never had anything to eat. One close bud literally had an entire refrigerator for a jar of olives and leftover pizza. When asked my free-wheeling "bachelor" who loved his new found freedom and lol "independence" what the hell he ate? I found out he went back home every evening to have dinner with the family. Eeesh! So that was a big incentive!

... Didn't hurt that besides wanting to do more than burn water, that women love it when you can cook. :)

grimm
08-26-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Aug 26 2004, 09:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Aug 26 2004, 09:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Dravyk@Aug 26 2004, 12:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Mike AI@Aug 26 2004, 01:50 PM

I do make a hell of an apricot glaze for grilled chicken though, and a brown sugar - dijon one for grilled salmon that is to die for! Honestly! Yum.

Also haveto mention all the other girls I have dated who helped shape me into who I am now. Some of them got them had to deal with a real goof ball. hahaha [/b][/quote]
but some of them only had to deal with a real goof ball for 8 or 9 hours, but those were formative hours:)

grimm
08-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Aug 26 2004, 09:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Aug 26 2004, 09:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Dravyk@Aug 26 2004, 12:31 PM

Also haveto mention all the other girls I have dated who helped shape me into who I am now. Some of them got them had to deal with a real goof ball. hahaha [/b][/quote]
it is your modesty that is your best quality:)

Mike AI
08-26-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by grimm+Aug 26 2004, 01:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ Aug 26 2004, 01:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Mike AI@Aug 26 2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Aug 26 2004, 12:31 PM

Also haveto mention all the other girls I have dated who helped shape me into who I am now. Some of them got them had to deal with a real goof ball. hahaha
but some of them only had to deal with a real goof ball for 8 or 9 hours, but those were formative hours:) [/b][/quote]

HAHA Grimm some of them only had 15 minutes! :lol: :yowsa:

MissEve
08-26-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk+Aug 26 2004, 12:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dravyk @ Aug 26 2004, 12:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mike AI@Aug 26 2004, 01:50 PM

I do make a hell of an apricot glaze for grilled chicken though, and a brown sugar - dijon one for grilled salmon that is to die for! Honestly! Yum. [/b][/quote]

Pie crust is my nemesis!! I can cook anything but I SUCK at making crust!

Peaches
08-26-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by MissEve+Aug 26 2004, 03:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MissEve @ Aug 26 2004, 03:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Dravyk@Aug 26 2004, 12:31 PM

Pie crust is my nemesis!! I can cook anything but I SUCK at making crust! [/b][/quote]
Pillsbury fold out in the refridgerated rolls section. I swear it's almost as good as my mother's homemade! :)

MissEve
08-26-2004, 06:22 PM
no way, store bought crust is blasphemy! :)

Dravyk
08-26-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by MissEve@Aug 26 2004, 07:23 PM
LOL! It was a store-bought crust that stuck to my pan! See? Can't even do that stuff when it's pre-made.

It would scare me what might happen if I actually ventured into making my own dough. It would probably end up either as a flat black rock or a living blob oozing out of the oven like on a Lucy episode. :yowsa:

Peaches
08-26-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by MissEve@Aug 26 2004, 06:23 PM
I swear this is damn close :)

My mother gave up on teaching me how to make crust - as much as I can't stand the woman, she is one of the best southern cooks ever and her crust is to die for. Too bad she'll never make any for me, lol!

Hell Puppy
08-27-2004, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Peaches+Aug 26 2004, 09:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Aug 26 2004, 09:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MissEve@Aug 26 2004, 06:23 PM
I swear this is damn close :)

My mother gave up on teaching me how to make crust - as much as I can't stand the woman, she is one of the best southern cooks ever and her crust is to die for. Too bad she'll never make any for me, lol! [/b][/quote]
Used properly, whompum biscuit dough makes a fine pie crust....

JoesHO
08-27-2004, 07:21 PM
Crater lake is a terific place to go visit, Oregon has a lot of other treasures , besides just me!!!