PDA

View Full Version : I really do get my News from NFL.com

Vick
08-18-2004, 06:34 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7586745

Deion Sanders considering return with Ravens

The former standout defensive back hasn't played in three years, but is considering the possibility of returning as a nickel back with the Baltimore Ravens.

"Never say never," Sanders, 37, told The (Baltimore) Sun when asked if he was serious about returning. "It would be a wonderful thing if I got the opportunity to play."

Sanders, selected seven times to play in the Pro Bowl, wants to see if his body can take the punishment. He has spoken to Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis about a comeback, and has been working out at home in an effort to get in football shape.

Publicly, the Ravens have said only that they would be interested in talking to Sanders if he decides to come out of retirement.

grimm
08-20-2004, 12:43 PM
rumor, deion himself bunked it yesterday. hes working out with the texas rangers

Vick
08-20-2004, 01:34 PM
Actually at 37 and having not played in 3 years the Raven's secondary is better off without him at this point
We've got one of the best cover men int he league in Chris McAllister and a big playmaker in Ed Reed
The rest of the secondary is strong as well

Still an interesting story

Deion can make headlines where ever he goes

Evil Chris
08-20-2004, 03:59 PM
Speaking of foot... is there no Natnetpickem for the 2004 season? :(

grimm
08-20-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Aug 18 2004, 02:35 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7586745

Deion Sanders considering return with Ravens

The former standout defensive back hasn't played in three years, but is considering the possibility of returning as a nickel back with the Baltimore Ravens.

"Never say never," Sanders, 37, told The (Baltimore) Sun when asked if he was serious about returning. "It would be a wonderful thing if I got the opportunity to play."

Sanders, selected seven times to play in the Pro Bowl, wants to see if his body can take the punishment. He has spoken to Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis about a comeback, and has been working out at home in an effort to get in football shape.

Publicly, the Ravens have said only that they would be interested in talking to Sanders if he decides to come out of retirement.
correction, sal palantono is reporting that GM Ozzie Newsome has met with sanders, and they are giving him 3 weeks to get in shape and possibly try out

slavdogg
08-20-2004, 06:46 PM
nice, i miss Deion
he was always exciting to watch, especially when he was with the 9ers