PDA

View Full Version : An introduction to NATS

PBucksJohn
08-09-2004, 04:45 PM
You may have noticed the NATS banner ^^ there. Here is a quick intro...

NATS, "Next-Generation Administraion & Tracking System", is quickly becoming the leading affiliate software powering some of the industry's most popular affiliate programs.

What sets NATS apart from other software products?

1. Support. We don't sell you a system and leave you in the dark. We are here for you when you need us for whatever you need us. Whether it's a technical issue with the system or a general question on how to run an affiliate program we will help you in any way we can.

You can check with any of our existing clients, we go the extra mile to make sure you are happy and get what you need. If something breaks in the middle of the night, we are reachable (via cellphone in both the US and Europe) in order to fix it. We understand your affiliate program is your business and that it's uptime is 100% vital to you.

2. Features. We already lead the industry in what we offer as a plug and play system. http://nats.toomuchmedia.com/feature_list.html for a breakdown. We are working 7 days a week adding new and exciting features. Our system is not based on other systems. It is based on feedback from our clients. When one client needs something, it is cleanly and smoothly integrated into NATS and updated to all client's installations. We do not work on "versions" as some software companies do. NATS is a constantly evolving system based on feedback from all ends of our industry.

3. Integrity. Simply put, NO SHAVE FEATURE. If a client comes to us asking to integrate a shave feature into NATS we turn them away. Some people think this is stupid, however we think it is one thing that really sets us apart. By not having a shave feature for any of our clients a reseller is safe to assume they are not being shorted when using a program powered by NATS. In this instance, the reseller wins, the affiliate program wins, and we win. When everone is making money, everyone is happy. That is how business should be done. We are here to grow long term relationships with all of the adult industry. We are not a fly by night company looking for a quick buck.

These are just 3 of the reasons NATS is becoming a prominant name in affiliate software. More and more programs are switching over to our system. The only real question is, when will you?

Some featured clients include:

http://www.adult.com
http://www.dukedollars.com
http://www.bondage.com
http://www.evilgeniuscash.com
http://www.gspotmoney.com

These and other clients are currently running our system without a glitch. It is a proven and reliable system.

More well known clients are in the process of moving their affiliate program to the NATS system however we can not realease names until they are live.

I hope you'll give NATS a strong consideration. I am, as well as Fabian, our head develoiper are always available for any questions or comments you have.

You can reach me by phone, icq, or AIM:
John, 732-792-0274, 5596373, JohnA1078 respectively.

Or Fabian, via the same means:
Fabian, 818-332-1662, 1889711 (nathan), fthylmann.

sarettah
08-09-2004, 04:58 PM
Shouldn't that be NGATS ? :blink:

Congrats on the rollout... Looking good :)

PBucksJohn
08-09-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by sarettah@Aug 9 2004, 12:59 PM
Shouldn't that be NGATS ? :blink:

Congrats on the rollout... Looking good :)
Thanks! :)

I missed the hyphen. The "official" name has one. All fixed now tho.

Mike AI
08-09-2004, 05:18 PM
There is a real demand for this software.

I have heard some VERY SCARY things about your competition. There would be NO way I used them.

The timing for the launch of this software is great!!

:okthumb:

PBucksJohn
08-09-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Aug 9 2004, 01:19 PM
There is a real demand for this software.

I have heard some VERY SCARY things about your competition. There would be NO way I used them.

The timing for the launch of this software is great!!

:okthumb:
Thanks Mike :)

You're right. We couldn't have asked for better timing, or worse competition.

Talk to any of our clients and you'll find we're professional, reliable, and that the product speaks for itself.

We're looking to add a nice splash of honesty to this industry.

People have asked us (anonymously) if we would add a shaving feature. We have turned them away. They have offered nice sums of money to do so and we have still turned them away.

We're building a product that both program owners and resellers can know and trust.

Putting a shave feature into NATS would ruin our business and all of our client's businesses. We're looking to build long term relationships with quality people, not make quick money and run.

Just a bit more of a primer on us and how we work :)

mojobill
08-09-2004, 06:13 PM
NATS is a great piece of software, from a GREAT group....

John is a great guy and easy to work with.........

did I mention we are in it? ;-)

Rolo
08-09-2004, 06:15 PM
So you are the only one with access to the source code?

gonzo
08-09-2004, 06:16 PM
Did I mention that my cheap ass is talking to them about 2 instances of it for 2 different projects? They have some very cool stuff in the soup.
John is a very smart guy and he also has a program which gives him some real experience on what programs owners go thru.

Im trying to get him to write cascading billing primer for Oprano plus!

Monk
08-09-2004, 06:32 PM
I have a question;

If a program uses your solution, can they just build in a shave by using their own linking code system to siphon off every, say 5th surfer, into another processor on their own.... and send the other 4 hits to you?

This would be a 20% shave by the program (assuming hits and signups run in correlation)... even though your system has no shave built in.

nathan
08-09-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Monk@Aug 9 2004, 02:33 PM
I have a question;

If a program uses your solution, can they just build in a shave by using their own linking code system to siphon off every, say 5th surfer, into another processor on their own.... and send the other 4 hits to you?

This would be a 20% shave by the program (assuming hits and signups run in correlation)... even though your system has no shave built in.
Hi Monk,

Since they do not know the internals of the software, it is going to need a LOT of reverse engeneering to figure out how to write their own tracking script without it messing up stats totally.

That said, they could of course just change their tour for every 5th surfer and use a different link, but it is VERY LIKELY that people will catch this since everyone can see them do it. This is always doable, even if 3rd billing companies handle the affiliate tracking and payouts.

The problem with software-internal shave functions is that you simply can not SEE it from the outside, except by doing a bunch of real test signups yourself and I am sure that even there are ways to try to avoid shaving those tests of yours.

The only way to integrate shaving into nats by anyone other than us is rewriting their own versions of around 10 of our scripts, if not more. People will not do that, they would just write their own to begin with.

Rolo
08-09-2004, 07:19 PM
nathan, so this installed on your servers only? if not, have you any backdoors or ways to kill the script, if someone does not pay their monthly leasing fee?

SykkBoy
08-09-2004, 07:25 PM
NATS rules
We've been using it at Evil Genius Cash for quite awhile
Amazingly powerful software with a lot of goodies.

I highly recomend it to anyone thinking of using it.

PBucksJohn
08-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Rolo@Aug 9 2004, 03:20 PM
nathan, so this installed on your servers only? if not, have you any backdoors or ways to kill the script, if someone does not pay their monthly leasing fee?
The software is hosted on your server and encrypted. And yes, we can kill the liscencing key remotely if need be.

Rolo
08-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by PBucksJohn@Aug 9 2004, 03:27 PM
The software is hosted on your server and encrypted. And yes, we can kill the liscencing key remotely if need be.
Is it possible to have the software installed, and then change the username/password, and bloke IPs etc. you used to do the install - to keep security at a max? Or will you need access to the servers, software, dbs etc.?

PBucksJohn
08-09-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Rolo+Aug 9 2004, 03:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rolo @ Aug 9 2004, 03:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PBucksJohn@Aug 9 2004, 03:27 PM
Is it possible to have the software installed, and then change the username/password, and bloke IPs etc. you used to do the install - to keep security at a max? Or will you need access to the servers, software, dbs etc.? [/b][/quote]
Yes. We have even guided very security cautious clients through the install themselves becuase they wanted us to have no access to the servers. So yes, you can. You can even lock us out of your NATS system as long as you are not on NATSlite or NATSplus (limited signups/sites lease plans).

nathan
08-09-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Rolo+Aug 9 2004, 03:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rolo @ Aug 9 2004, 03:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PBucksJohn@Aug 9 2004, 03:27 PM
Is it possible to have the software installed, and then change the username/password, and bloke IPs etc. you used to do the install - to keep security at a max? Or will you need access to the servers, software, dbs etc.? [/b][/quote]
Rolo,

like John said, its not a problem to make sure we can not get in anymore, simply to close security holes and we fully understand that if you do it.

For updates and patches though, you would either have to let us back in or do them yourself. The procedure to update or patch the system is very simple though, so in case you want to do it yourself, there is no real problem.

Nathan - NATS - it comes to life.....

gonzo
08-09-2004, 08:47 PM
Its says a lot that you can be locked out of the system.
I cant imagine the things that could be done if a processing system was open or had a back door into it. Can you imagine just the email addresses along that could be leaked and sold. Worth some nice money and thats just the begining!

Rolo
08-10-2004, 04:40 AM
PBucksJohn, nathan - thanks for the answers... :okthumb: