PDA

View Full Version : Economy sort of slipping up

RawAlex
08-07-2004, 01:22 AM
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040806/D849VH280.html

Stock market at the lowest for 2004, jobs not great, etc.

I had CNN on today, crossfire was on. I noticed that the anti-bush pro-kerry side seemed to get way more applause. From outside the situation, I am starting to see a shift...

anybody else?

Alex

Rolo
08-07-2004, 05:38 AM
Welcome to global economy - yes, US took a beating yesterday, but I bet some china man is having his best year yet :ph34r:

This is not total Bush fault - sure he can do some things to stimulate the economy, but to really make change, then the focus should be on creating local jobs in new sectors, which has a low chance of outsourcing to 3rd world countries (ex. renewable energy could probably make a few million local jobs in the US).

If Kerry is president, then there is not much he can do to stimulate the economy - he would have to look at expanding in areas, where some chinese sweatshops can not compete - but like all major challenges, then it would take vision, because it will take decades upgrading the "working class" skills, and changing the short sighted mentality.

But, damn... the dollar took a beating - minus 2% in one day - lets hope its not another free fall :angry:

slavdogg
08-07-2004, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Rolo@Aug 7 2004, 04:39 AM
Welcome to global economy - yes, US took a beating yesterday, but I bet some china man is having his best year yet :ph34r:
Alex is having his best anti-US year yet, does that help with the global economy ??

Rolo
08-07-2004, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by slavdogg@Aug 7 2004, 02:09 AM
Alex is having his best anti-US year yet, does that help with the global economy ??
Yes, aslong it takes place on Oprano, which is partly owned by a international traveling Serge :)