PDA

View Full Version : those liberals..

John_Cotac
08-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Just off the phone with Serge

He is still in Oregon and those oregonian liberals

convert him, 25 years republican, to vote for Kerry!
:grrr:
Next step - moving back to Russia !

Peaches
08-05-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by John_Cotac@Aug 5 2004, 08:06 PM
Just off the phone with Serge

He is still in Oregon and those oregonian liberals

convert him, 25 years republican, to vote for Kerry!
:grrr:
Next step - moving back to Russia !
We need to take up a collection to get Serge back to the "right coast"! :zoinks:

Nickatilynx
08-05-2004, 08:31 PM
Has he welcomed Jesus into his life too ?

;-)))

sarettah
08-05-2004, 08:38 PM
Screw Serge. I'm waiting for LadyLaw to come home to help us figure out all this 2257 shit.

:yowsa:

Vick
08-05-2004, 08:47 PM
Must be something they put in the Sheep there or all that um ... stuff they do there

Serge will be OK (er ... back to his self) once he gets back home to Sunny Florida

gonzo
08-05-2004, 09:10 PM
FREE SERGE!!!

Winetalk.com
08-07-2004, 11:50 PM
hey, leave me alone, it's my choice, and I AM back to not so sunny florida
;-)))

....unless Bush proposes FLAT TAX at Republican Convention in NY....I'll be there.

JoesHO
08-08-2004, 10:46 AM
I think the snowcone market just opened up in hell!!!!

I think there is an awful lot wrong with the liberals ways of thinking on some stuff....

But glad to see you recognize that GW and the right wingers are not the proper channel to fix them.

I agree with you on the flat tax though... and since it was mentioned , do you think that GW will use that for re election? will he actually propose a flat tax? and even if that smoke screen is thrown out there, do you think it has any chance of passing realistaclly? ( I am for it BTW, but still not enough to sway me to vote for bush)

Winetalk.com
08-08-2004, 12:47 PM
Republicans like it, Dems are not. We'll see if he proposes it at the convention and what are the chances of passing it.

The problem with Bush, though, he talks lots of things lately to parrot Kerry,
the question is:
does he believe in it or not?
I doubt that he does.

Mike AI
08-08-2004, 12:57 PM
It would be HUGE for a sitting President to call for a flat tax, or something similiar!!

Get rid of the IRS, the whole culture of accountants, CPAs, tax attoneys and all the other leaches who write the laws, enforce the laws, get rich from administering the laws. it isa HUGE racket.

It would take a super human effort to lift the yolk of IRS Tax industry opression!

But we can keep our fingers crossed!!

:rokk:

RawAlex
08-08-2004, 01:06 PM
That can only be done by a second term president with a VP likely to drop before the next election. The party that moves to a flat tax will be the one not wanting to be in power for the 4 years after that.

Much toughter road for a first time president, I think.

Alex

Winetalk.com
08-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Aug 8 2004, 11:58 AM
It would be HUGE for a sitting President to call for a flat tax, or something similiar!!

Get rid of the IRS, the whole culture of accountants, CPAs, tax attoneys and all the other leaches who write the laws, enforce the laws, get rich from administering the laws. it isa HUGE racket.

It would take a super human effort to lift the yolk of IRS Tax industry opression!

ditto!

let's _HOPE_ he
1) proposes it
2) pulls it through

sextoyking
08-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Well Speaker of the house Hastert has just proposed the same thing, I like the idea but don't think it has any legs this time around.

grimm
08-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Aug 8 2004, 08:58 AM

He will never call for it, and the history he and his family have in keeping promises, it will never take hold in his lifetime.

a flat tax is a pipedream. it makes sense across the board, but the masses never like to see the rich get taxed less than they are, so in essence he will lose votes, not gain them.

Politics is politics. It is bullshit disguised by timing. Noone understands how a flat tax DOES tax the rich more. i never got this about the american people. The sliding scale we have had has never worked. But perception is reality in an election year especially.

grimm
08-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Seeing that raising or lowering or creating or not creating taxes has won or lost every electionn in my memory and many before that.

what will they argue about at a flat rate?;)

Peaches
08-08-2004, 07:13 PM
Grimm, I've been meaning to ask you this and I keep forgetting - what's your avatar? It's probably something I should already know, but I don't. :awinky:

Hell Puppy
08-08-2004, 10:05 PM
And remember income tax withholding is only a temporary measure to get us thru World War II.