PDA

View Full Version : go see harold & kumar

Biggy
08-03-2004, 12:55 AM
only if you have a good sense of humor, and enjoy classic pothead movies :)

Yug
08-03-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Biggy@Aug 2 2004, 08:56 PM
only if you have a good sense of humor, and enjoy classic pothead movies :)
Any movie thats entire plot centers around a bunch of guys who have the munchies isnt exactly shakespeare, but its definately got some laughs.

The same guy who did 'dude, wheres my car' directed this one, so you know what to expect, even though I personally didnt really like that one, but enjoyed this movie quite a bit.

Just the fact that Doogie Howser MD was in it made it worth my time :blink:

pushpills
08-03-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Yug@Aug 2 2004, 11:39 PM

Just the fact that Doogie Howser MD was in it made it worth my time :blink:
LOL, now I probably will go see it.

Mike AI
08-03-2004, 10:36 AM
I saw it on opening night, went on a friday and every other movie was booked but this one. It was better then I thought it was gonig to be.

Would probably have helped to have been under the influence.

JoesHO
08-03-2004, 11:29 AM
MAN I love White castles, we only can buy em frozen out here in the west, and they just aint the same........

sharky
08-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Aug 3 2004, 09:37 AM
I saw it on opening night, went on a friday and every other movie was booked but this one. It was better then I thought it was gonig to be.

Would probably have helped to have been under the influence.
I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I could care less about the drug humor, as I dind't get most of it, but the whole movie was pretty funny to me.

Of course, I am a big doogie fan!

Mike AI
08-03-2004, 12:35 PM
HAHA The Doogie part was the best!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nickatilynx
08-03-2004, 05:11 PM
Missed opportunity of marketing by Krispy Kreme.

I rewad it was going to be harold and kumar goes to KK , but they did njot want to be associated with its content.

ooops.

SykkBoy
08-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Aug 3 2004, 04:12 PM

I rewad it was going to be harold and kumar goes to KK , but they did njot want to be associated with its content.

ooops.
yeah, there were a lot of other places that turned it down as well...

gonzo
08-03-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Aug 3 2004, 04:12 PM

ooops.
Fuck those Yankee assed White Castles...

Real men eat Krystals.... a ton more fun on a square bun!

DrGuile
08-03-2004, 05:34 PM
First time I heard about this movie (and it wasnt this long ago), it was called "Harold and Kumar chase the burger"

:agrin:

Yug
08-03-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by DrGuile@Aug 3 2004, 01:35 PM
First time I heard about this movie (and it wasnt this long ago), it was called "Harold and Kumar chase the burger"

First time I heard about it, or ANY australian probably for that matter, I was like 'white castle? Is that like a winter theme park with a big castle or something?'

We dont have white castles down under ... whats so good about it? Are we missing out?

Peaches
08-03-2004, 06:44 PM
For those of you who have had White Castles and Krystals, which is better? A friend swore this weekend White Castles are better, but I just can't imagine that's true!! :unsure:

Nickatilynx
08-03-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Yug+Aug 3 2004, 02:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Yug @ Aug 3 2004, 02:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DrGuile@Aug 3 2004, 01:35 PM

First time I heard about it, or ANY australian probably for that matter, I was like 'white castle? Is that like a winter theme park with a big castle or something?'

We dont have white castles down under ... whats so good about it? Are we missing out? [/b][/quote]
don't have them West Coast Canada either

SykkBoy
08-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Aug 3 2004, 05:45 PM
For those of you who have had White Castles and Krystals, which is better? A friend swore this weekend White Castles are better, but I just can't imagine that's true!! :unsure:
both pretty much suck, but are notorious for being loved by stoners with the munchies...

Peaches
08-03-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy+Aug 3 2004, 06:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SykkBoy @ Aug 3 2004, 06:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Peaches@Aug 3 2004, 05:45 PM
both pretty much suck, but are notorious for being loved by stoners with the munchies... [/b][/quote]
I have it on good authority that old pudgy blonde female non-stoners like Krystals just fine and sometimes nothing else will do which leads to a roadtrip, thankyouverymuch! :nyanya:

SykkBoy
08-03-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Aug 3 2004, 05:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Aug 3 2004, 05:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by SykkBoy@Aug 3 2004, 06:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Peaches@Aug 3 2004, 05:45 PM
both pretty much suck, but are notorious for being loved by stoners with the munchies...
I have it on good authority that old pudgy blonde female non-stoners like Krystals just fine and sometimes nothing else will do which leads to a roadtrip, thankyouverymuch! :nyanya: [/b][/quote]
yikes, maybe you SHOULD start doing drugs
;-))))

Biggy
08-03-2004, 11:04 PM
I think I enjoyed it because I am from NJ, and most of the towns it took place in are neighboring towns. Like when he is at the hospital, they called it Freehold General, but its really called CentraState. Its really funny how they made the kid's dad a doctor, cause all the doctors their are indian.. not sure if its like that by you.

Definitely a lot of NJ and stoner humor in there. The tow driver & his house is another example of classic NJ humor.

I think by far the funniest part, even funnier than Doogie Howser, was the commercial :)

heshy
08-04-2004, 12:28 PM
The battleshit part was a fucken clasic!!

DrGuile
08-04-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Aug 3 2004, 05:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Aug 3 2004, 05:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Yug@Aug 3 2004, 02:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-DrGuile@Aug 3 2004, 01:35 PM

We dont have white castles down under ... whats so good about it? Are we missing out?
don't have them West Coast Canada either [/b][/quote]
I dont believe they're anywhere in Canada.

Never tasted it... only heard about it from the Beastie Boys ;)

Kick it!!!

You wanna know why - because I'm
October 31st - that is my date of birth
I got to the party and I did the Smurf
Taxing all females from coast to coast
And when I get my fill I'm chilly most
We rag-tag girlies back at the hotel
And then we all switch places when I ring the bell
I chill at White Castle 'cause it's the best
But I'm fly at Fat Burger when I'm way out west
K-I-N-G-A-D whammy
All the fly ladies are on my jammy
Went to the prom - wore the fly blue rental
Got six girlies in my Lincoln Continental
Met this girl at the party and she started to flirt
I told her some rhymes and she pulled up her skirt
Spent some bank - I got a high powered jumbo
Rolled up a wooly and I watched Columbo

kath
08-04-2004, 03:14 PM
I think I'll wait for NetFlix...

Forget White Castle - In-N-Out Burger! If you've never had one, take a quick trip off the strip in Vegas and grab one. AMAZINGLY good burgers!

:rokk:

Peaches
08-04-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by kath@Aug 4 2004, 03:15 PM

Forget White Castle - In-N-Out Burger! If you've never had one, take a quick trip off the strip in Vegas and grab one. AMAZINGLY good burgers!

We tried to find it in Jan and never could! :( I want to go there and Whataburger. There's a Whataburger near where the kid is in school - next visit we're going!

SykkBoy
08-04-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by kath@Aug 4 2004, 02:15 PM

still no camparison to FatBurger

when I sell my screenplay for a couple million $$, I'm going to install a FatBurger in my house

kath
08-05-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy+Aug 4 2004, 01:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SykkBoy @ Aug 4 2004, 01:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kath@Aug 4 2004, 02:15 PM

still no camparison to FatBurger

when I sell my screenplay for a couple million $$, I'm going to install a FatBurger in my house [/b][/quote]
I didn't like FatBurger (we've got two in Palm Springs now) - but maybe I just got the wrong one.... what kind do you recommend? I know they have a lot of varieties... maybe I should give them another try if they are better than In-N-Out.