PDA

View Full Version : The Little Adult Webmaster

sarettah
08-02-2004, 03:26 PM
One day as the Little adult webmaster was reading his email, he came across important legal information that would affect the entire adult industry.

"Damn" he said, Changes need to be made, we need a system to help us become compliant with the new 2257 requirements. Who will help me implement a solution?"

"Not I," said the Program Owner.

"Not I," said the Gallery Builder.

"Not I," said the Free Site Operator.

"Not I," said the adult film producer.

"Not I," said the adult performer.

"Not I," said the adult spammer.

"Then I will," said the Little adult webmaster. And he did.

Soon the design was done and ready to be coded.

"The design is done," said the adult webmaster. "Who will help me get this coded?"

"Not I," said the Program Owner. ..and all the rest of them...etc

When the coding was done, the Little adult webmaster said, "Who will help me test the system?"

When the testing was completed, the Little adult webmaster said, "Who will help me collect all the data?"

he collected all the data he could. Then she said, "Who will help me host this mess and produce all the reports?"

he purchased hosting and produced the reports and ensured that he himself was 100% 2257 compliant. Then he said, "Who else wants access to the database so you can stay legal?"

"Oh! I do," said the Program Owner.

"And I do," said the Gallery Builder.

"And I do," said the Free Site Operator.

"And me," said the adult film producer.

"Me Too," said the adult performer.

"Don't forget me," said the adult spammer.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
said the Little adult webmaster. "You can all just go fuck off and die."

The moral of the story is "GET INVOLVED", whether it be with Brandons effort 2257lookup.com (http://www.2257lookup.com)

or with my latest effort 2257EZ Database (http://www.2257ez.com).

When the changes come in, don't let them take you out !!!

edited to make it shorter for those that bitched to me

Mike AI
08-02-2004, 03:51 PM
There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes over 2257. However, there is also a LOT of confusion - even between attorneys.

THis is an example of how poorly written laws can hurt people.

sarettah
08-02-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Aug 2 2004, 02:52 PM
There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes over 2257. However, there is also a LOT of confusion - even between attorneys.

Exactamente Mike....

from my faq:

"I have read through the changes many many times at this point. I have run the changes past my lawyer. I have read various interpretations by legal experts on how the changes will effect the adult industry. The one conclusion I have reached is that everyone is interpreting them a little bit differently thus noone is 100% sure as to what the overall effect these changes would create within the industry. The one thing that is sure is that if the changes go into effect, anyone affected by the changes will need to be compliant with the new regulations 30 days after they go into effect. The time to start preparing for that is NOW"

I do not know what other efforts are going on behind the scenes. I now know (once you informed me of it) of Brandon's efforts. I also know about adultdat's effort to create a database that while not designed specifically for 2257 compliance, covers much of the same territory (they are developing a database to track and be able to cut off infections in the adult industry. The recent HIV scare spurred that effort). Other than that, I haven't been able to find much going on.

It would be very cool to get a cooperative effort of some kind in place QUICKLY because IF the changes go into place on schedule, come the end of October there is going to be mad rush to become compliant with the new requirements. Much better to get a solution in place and running prior to that point.

Dravyk
08-03-2004, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Aug 2 2004, 04:52 PM

Especially when they are meant to hurt people, and with Asscroft (no typo) that is the case, and we are the people.

The irony is this is the "justice department". More and more that is becoming an oxymoron just like "military intelligence".

sarettah
08-03-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Aug 3 2004, 01:02 AM
Especially when they are meant to hurt people, and with Asscroft (no typo) that is the case, and we are the people.

The irony is this is the "justice department". More and more that is becoming an oxymoron just like "military intelligence".
As far as I am concerned (and this is only imho of course)

This is a prelude to a full frontal assault on the web side of the industry. Kind of like taking out the mob by going after them for tax evasion.

The punishment for non compliance with 2257 is pretty steep:

"Whoever violates this section shall be imprisoned for not more than 2 years, and fined in accordance with the provisions of this title, or both. Whoever violates this section after having been convicted of a violation punishable under this section shall be imprisoned for any period of years not more than 5 years but not less than 2 years, and fined in accordance with the provisions of this title, or both"

Although the law has been in place for a loooonng time now, it has mainly been interpreted as webmasters being "distributors" or secondary producers thereby putting the record keeping requirements squarely on the primary producer.

The changes spell out clearly that webmasters are scondary producers and have to have the records. For sure.

I believe that this was spelled out so that they could scare a shitload of people out of business and then have the tool they need to go after anyone else.

Basically an "If we can't get them for obsenity, lets get them for poor paperwork" type idea.

gonzo
08-03-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by sarettah+Aug 3 2004, 04:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sarettah @ Aug 3 2004, 04:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dravyk@Aug 3 2004, 01:02 AM

As far as I am concerned (and this is only imho of course)

This is a prelude to a full frontal assault on the web side of the industry. Kind of like taking out the mob by going after them for tax evasion.

The punishment for non compliance with 2257 is pretty steep:

"Whoever violates this section shall be imprisoned for not more than 2 years, and fined in accordance with the provisions of this title, or both. Whoever violates this section after having been convicted of a violation punishable under this section shall be imprisoned for any period of years not more than 5 years but not less than 2 years, and fined in accordance with the provisions of this title, or both"

Although the law has been in place for a loooonng time now, it has mainly been interpreted as webmasters being "distributors" or secondary producers thereby putting the record keeping requirements squarely on the primary producer.

The changes spell out clearly that webmasters are scondary producers and have to have the records. For sure.

I believe that this was spelled out so that they could scare a shitload of people out of business and then have the tool they need to go after anyone else.

Basically an "If we can't get them for obsenity, lets get them for poor paperwork" type idea. [/b][/quote]
Worked for Al Capone...

Oh wait a sec they got him for "creative accounting"...

sarettah
08-03-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Aug 3 2004, 04:29 PM
Worked for Al Capone...

Oh wait a sec they got him for "creative accounting"...
exactly................. :okthumb:

Playful Melissa
08-04-2004, 11:34 AM
Brilliantly presented.

Can I spam opps mass market it?

sarettah
08-04-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Azure Sales@Aug 4 2004, 10:35 AM
Brilliantly presented.

Can I spam opps mass market it?
lololololol.....

Go right ahead... :)

But, as I get deeper into this, the monster just keeps growing and growing and it might be more than "the little adult webmaster" can handle..... Might not too :)

data is data is data

As I said to Jen last night.. "I think I need a bigger server"

:blink: