PDA

View Full Version : Rush 30th Anniversary Tour

VooMan
08-02-2004, 12:50 PM
LBBV and I went to see Rush last night at the HiFi Buys Amphitheater in Atlanta...

WHAT A GREAT SHOW!

Rush played for three solid hours in the blazing heat, and they are better than ever. Unfortunately the sound at this venue wasn't too good, but this being my 19th time seeing Rush it was more about just being there than anything else.

If you're a Rush fan, take the time to go see them. :okthumb:

wig
08-02-2004, 12:53 PM
Man, I would have hit that show with you guys. I love Rush!

I was just there a week ago seeing Puddle of Mud, Nicklback, and Three Door Down.

:rokk:

SykkBoy
08-02-2004, 02:14 PM
when I was showing my kids how to play bass (to round out their music knowledge for this garage band they so badly want to form). I had them listen to Rush, Mr Big (for Billy Sheehan's amazing four string assault, not the cheesy lyrics), a Will Lee cassette I bought a couple years ago and had forgotten about and an old Stu Hamm instructional video I got as a kid

next week, I let them groove to Bootsy and Flea

JoesHO
08-03-2004, 11:32 AM
Rush is my favorite all time band, I have sen them three times, and will certainly see them again if I have the opportunity, :cdance:

JFK
08-03-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Aug 3 2004, 07:33 AM
Rush is my favorite all time band, I have sen them three times, and will certainly see them again if I have the opportunity, :cdance:
I used to love them before they made it Big ............They are from My area, and used to see them in small arenas playing some kickass Metal :rolleyes:

SykkBoy
08-03-2004, 04:09 PM
I recently picked up the DVD "Rush In Rio" and "made" my kid watch it last night....
new Rush fans were born

I tell ya, live DVD's are really helping some of these older bands pick up a new audience...

my kids' friends come over often to watch my Iron Maiden, Slayer, and AC/DC live DVDs...
my son woke up this morning complaining the song "Tom Sawyer" was playing in his head :)

VooMan
08-03-2004, 04:22 PM
I want to pick up the Rush in Rio DVD myself. They have always been so awesome live, I bet it's a great video... :okthumb:

SykkBoy
08-03-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by VooMan@Aug 3 2004, 03:23 PM
I want to pick up the Rush in Rio DVD myself. They have always been so awesome live, I bet it's a great video... :okthumb:
I highly recomend it

You can feel the energy of the crowd come through the screen...I've seen Rush live a couple times, but the performance on this DVD just blew me away....

VooMan
08-03-2004, 04:30 PM
Okay, now I *have* to get it. :)