PDA

View Full Version : The Daily Show

SykkBoy
07-31-2004, 12:49 PM
I realize The Daily Show is a "fake news" show, but it almost seemed to me their coverage of the Democratic Convention was the best entertainment on television and possibly the best coverage? They mocked the speakers and had some harmless fun with the candidate, but they seemed to make it actually entertaining and breifly informative, more so than the networks' coverage which seemed to be nothing more than placing a camera there and letting evenyts unfolo........

I look forward to their coverage of the Republican Convention as well. This is one of the best shows on television and it's scary to think I've learned a little more about some of these people from this show than "real" news shows...

Almighty Colin
07-31-2004, 12:51 PM
I've never really watched the Daily Show. I'll catch some on your recommendation.

SykkBoy
07-31-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Colin@Jul 31 2004, 11:52 AM
I've never really watched the Daily Show. I'll catch some on your recommendation.
The show is hilarious...they skew both the left and the right with equal vigor.

My favorite convention highlight was one of the female correspondents interviewing the bloggers and asking one of them if they are nervous being that close to a woman and who's the big player of the bloggers.

Of course any segment that Lewis Black does is comedy gold as well...

Nickatilynx
07-31-2004, 12:56 PM
Feck!!!

I find myself totally agreeing with Sykk.

;-))

Mary34D
07-31-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Jul 31 2004, 11:50 AM
I realize The Daily Show is a "fake news" show, but it almost seemed to me their coverage of the Democratic Convention was the best entertainment on television and possibly the best coverage? They mocked the speakers and had some harmless fun with the candidate, but they seemed to make it actually entertaining and breifly informative, more so than the networks' coverage which seemed to be nothing more than placing a camera there and letting evenyts unfolo........

I look forward to their coverage of the Republican Convention as well. This is one of the best shows on television and it's scary to think I've learned a little more about some of these people from this show than "real" news shows...
i love the daily show. i get more info from it than listening to all the bs on cnn.

sextoyking
07-31-2004, 04:54 PM
Great show Sykk, Me and Mary laugh our asses off :)

JR
07-31-2004, 10:02 PM
The Daily Show is in my opinion one of the funniest programs on TV. i love it. I miss the older stuff with Stephen Colbert. That guy usually had me rolling.

http://www.geocities.com/jonstewart_satire/Jon_17.jpg

SykkBoy
07-31-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by JR@Jul 31 2004, 09:03 PM
The Daily Show is in my opinion one of the funniest programs on TV. i love it. I miss the older stuff with Stephen Colbert. That guy usually had me rolling.

http://www.geocities.com/jonstewart_satire/Jon_17.jpg
Yeah, Stephen Colbert and Mo Rocca kicked ass, but Steve Carrell kills me too and Nancy Walls always killed me with her Barbara Walters-like interviews...

Rob Corddry can be hit or miss, but when he's "on", he's comedy gold as well...

Dravyk
08-01-2004, 02:15 AM
Damn! Have we found "common ground" at last? Is this a "touch stone"? A harmonic convergence of idealogues? Apparently so. :)

Stephen Colbert was covering the convention. After hearing all those speeches with "My father was a steel worker" and "I'm the son of a dirt farmer" and "My father worked as a coal miner" ... Colbert comes on, straight faced as always and says "Well, Jon, as you know, I am the son of a turd farmer and the grandson of a goat ball licker ..." :wnw:

Peaches
08-01-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Colin@Jul 31 2004, 12:52 PM
Me either, which is really silly since I love John Stewart. For some reason I just never have been around at the right time to watch it. But since Lance and I oddly have similar tastes in entertainment (except some music and slasher movies :awinky: ) I'll have to make it a point to TiVo it!

SykkBoy
08-01-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Aug 1 2004, 10:16 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Aug 1 2004, 10:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Colin@Jul 31 2004, 12:52 PM
Me either, which is really silly since I love John Stewart. For some reason I just never have been around at the right time to watch it. But since Lance and I oddly have similar tastes in entertainment (except some music and slasher movies :awinky: ) I'll have to make it a point to TiVo it! [/b][/quote]
The Daily Show is must-TiVo TV

it's normally on at 11:00pm and repeated at 1:00am, 10:00am (the next morning) and then again at 7pm