PDA

View Full Version : Changes in 2257

Bestat
07-27-2004, 10:34 AM
Forgive me if this has been posted before, but I thought it might be helpful, this is from J. D. Obenberger who a lot of you know and it is a breakdown of the proposed changes to the 2257.

"Notice to all:

I've posted a two-column table on the proposed regulations - comparing all of the terms side by side, indicating by strikethrough what language is to be deleted and indicating the new language in color. It's a fairly elaborate chart but it makes it simple to see what's new and to compare it with the old regulations.

http://www.xxxlaw.net
Click on "What's New".

Feel free to post this link wherever the webmasters graze. As a matter of fact, I'd appreciate it.

Regards,

J. D. Obenberger"

B)

DrGuile
07-27-2004, 10:48 AM
Thanks for sharing this. Good info.

but for fuck sake, a lawyer website with a 3D spinning cube??! Did Grogan make his site?

Mike AI
07-27-2004, 10:52 AM
http://my.execpc.com/~xxxlaw/2257Table.htm

Hell Puppy
07-27-2004, 10:26 PM
The killer in there is of course the required addition of mapping every URL where the image appears.

This would appear to make image binaries newsgroups on Usenet illegal for the most part among other things.

Couple of interesting exceptions in there which I had totally forgotten about though.

1) If you have records that have been stable for 7 years (i.e. pics were shot over 7 years ago and you haven't added them anyplace new), you're off the hook. Heh....I actually have some pics and urls that meet that requirement! Of course the bitch is the minute you post them on a new url, you're supposed to log that URL and the clock starts all over again.

2) If the images contain only "visual depictions of simulated sexually explicit conduct" they are exempt. Does this mean softcore with no penetration of any kind is exempt? If so, that's huge as it forces the easy solution for most people to be to limit where you place your hardcore and only use softcore for traffic and promotion.