PDA

View Full Version : Do you pay your bills through online banking?

Almighty Colin
07-25-2004, 08:24 AM
Just curious. Likes or dislikes?

chodadog
07-25-2004, 08:33 AM
I do. Nothing i don't like about it, really. Haven't had any problems yet.

Cleo
07-25-2004, 08:50 AM
I use Bank Of America online and love it. Fast, easy, free, and a delight to use.

I get as many of my bills electronically as I can so if I'm away I don't miss my bills. They just show up in my admin and I also get e-mail letting me know that they are there. I even pay myself by doing an account transfer each week.

I only write one check a month and it is to my cleaning girl.

Peaches
07-25-2004, 09:39 AM
Many many years ago, I used one of the first online bill paying services (checkfree?). They screwed something up and to be honest, I can't remember what it was :awinky:

But it's kept me from doing it again, heheh B)

Sharpie
07-25-2004, 11:07 AM
I use my credit cards as much as possible - love the airline points.

I pay my Ameriocan Express bills through their website. I have several that just draw automatically from my account. I have been thinking about setting up online banking with my Florida Bank of America account - but most of my other bills are utility bills that don't offer online banking.

SykkBoy
07-25-2004, 01:33 PM
I pay all of my bills online except Nevada Power as their website always seems to be fucking up...

Cleo
07-25-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie@Jul 25 2004, 10:08 AM
I have been thinking about setting up online banking with my Florida Bank of America account - but most of my other bills are utility bills that don't offer online banking.
You can pay any bill through your BOA account. I even pay my yard people through it.

pushpills
07-25-2004, 02:58 PM
Phone, electric, cable is all on autopay w/ my checking account. Sending out a check for rent aint no thing.

Nickatilynx
07-25-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by pushpills@Jul 25 2004, 10:59 AM
Phone, electric, cable is all on autopay w/ my checking account. Sending out a check for rent aint no thing.
yes it is...you should be paying off a mortgage ,not paying rent.

pushpills
07-25-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Jul 25 2004, 01:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Jul 25 2004, 01:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pushpills@Jul 25 2004, 10:59 AM
yes it is...you should be paying off a mortgage ,not paying rent. [/b][/quote]
I will, but not yet. I like living here, no way I qualify for a 2 million dollar loan to get a house here. And I hate the suburbs.

gigi
07-25-2004, 05:31 PM
I pay all my bills through online banking....haven't had a problem....

Hell Puppy
07-25-2004, 09:13 PM
The idea of sitting down with a checkbook and a stack of paper bills at this point positively makes me cringe. Takes me under 15 minutes a month to handle 'em all online via Quicken.

HoneyBlond
07-25-2004, 10:07 PM
Yep everything gets paid thru online banking,
even those bills that don't normally allow for it.
( I just phone them and ask them for their banking details
explaining they will get paid quicker if they hand them over B) )

Hell Puppy
07-25-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Jul 25 2004, 08:40 AM
Many many years ago, I used one of the first online bill paying services (checkfree?). They screwed something up and to be honest, I can't remember what it was :awinky:

But it's kept me from doing it again, heheh B)
Gotta be ancient, CheckFree guarantees payments. If something gets hosed, they pay the late charges, work with the biller, etc....totally hassle free for the payer.

And checkfree is on the backend of 90% of the online payments in the u.s. including BofA, Wachovia, etc...

VooMan
07-25-2004, 10:38 PM
I finally upgraded from Quicken 99 to the 2004 version... I am trying to decide whether or not to use Quicken Billpay or just do online banking with Bank of America...

From the reading I have done so far, it looks like if I use Quicken I can do everything in one shot right from Quicken. I can categorize each of my credit card line items, etc... where with B of A it seems that I can do my checks, but then I'll have to add all the different line items to Quicken manually.

Anyone have any experience with Quicken Billpay that they'd like to share? Seems like it's simpler to me, but I would appreciate some input if you've got it. :)

Hell Puppy
07-25-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by VooMan@Jul 25 2004, 09:39 PM
I finally upgraded from Quicken 99 to the 2004 version... I am trying to decide whether or not to use Quicken Billpay or just do online banking with Bank of America...

From the reading I have done so far, it looks like if I use Quicken I can do everything in one shot right from Quicken. I can categorize each of my credit card line items, etc... where with B of A it seems that I can do my checks, but then I'll have to add all the different line items to Quicken manually.

Anyone have any experience with Quicken Billpay that they'd like to share? Seems like it's simpler to me, but I would appreciate some input if you've got it. :)
You can do both I believe now. You can interface with BofA thru Quicken and use them to not only pay your bills, but grab your balance, reconcile, etc.

Peaches
07-25-2004, 11:35 PM
My main bank doesn't even have the ability for me to see my account online - I doubt they offer online billpay. :(

Plus I love buying cool stamps :agrin: I'm so easily amused..............

Yeah, I know - eventually I'll do it. There's a lot of pressure from one of my neighbors who happens to be in the ACH industry and he constantly tells me how behind the times I am. That and I need to prune my crepe myrtle. :nyanya:

Hell Puppy
07-26-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Jul 25 2004, 10:36 PM
That and I need to prune my crepe myrtle. :nyanya:
So that's what they call it these days. Mary said she pruned her's twice the other day before going on the radio show.

Candice
07-26-2004, 08:53 AM
i never tried paying my bills online...i assume it's convenient.

Bishop
07-26-2004, 09:41 AM
I've set just about all the bills to automatically deduct from the accounts. My wife is famous for not paying bills. I've always assumed that I would be around to use the phone six months from now so I use to pay my bills twice a year before the online and automatic deductions came available. I would estimate the cost of all my expenses and just write everyone a check. I figure if I fall over dead I'm not going to care if I over paid a bill.. I will care if a service gets shut off..

mojobill
07-26-2004, 09:54 AM
I pay all my bills via my online banking... I dont remember the last time I actually 'wrote' a check! ;-)

I get a bill in, I go and 'schedule' the payment.. then I dont have to think about the damn thing anymore! ;-)

iamkathi
07-26-2004, 11:18 AM
I pay everything online through BOA. I have never had any trouble with them at all .

I even set up myself as a vendor on my husband's bank account so he can send me money automagically any time he wants!

:bulb2:

kath
07-26-2004, 11:35 AM
I have about 1/2 of our bills paid through BofA and the other 1/2 directly to the services themselves through their online services. Our mortgage payment always got screwed up with the BofA billing program for some reason, so now I just go into their website on the 1st and do it myself... same thing with Nextel, Verizon and a few others.

Verizon especially is famous for billing the WRONG amount - either over or under - usually over - and then shrugging their shoulders saying they can't imagine how it got screwed up. I don't care if it's 5 cents, 5 dollars or 50 dollars - I hate Verizon and don't want those bastards getting anything extra out of my account. lol

But yes - BofA is excellent for online bill pay. We also have a Washington Mutual account and I was less than satisfied with their version of the online bill pay program. BofA is MUCH better IMHO.

:rolleyes:

Evil Chris
07-26-2004, 11:51 AM
I pay all through my online banking except for property tax and the dreaded driver's license registration. Which is the absolute worst because I have to go to (what American's call the DMV) and stand in that horrible lineup for an hour.

Almighty Colin
07-26-2004, 12:15 PM
ok, I'm in. Thanks for the comments. :-)

Cleo
07-26-2004, 12:23 PM
I switched to BOA's online bill pay when my version of Quicken stopped working with online pay. Can't remember why it stopped working, maybe needed an upgrade or something. Anyway doing it through BOA's admin is way better then using Quicken IMO and I like the fact that I can do it from any computer.

They have never messed up a payment or anything. I've paid bills using it that didn't have an invoice or account numbers without any problem which always kind of surprises me.

Florida driver's license can be renewed over the internet, a really annoying one but it is better then standing in line.

The only monthly bill that I can't pay through BOA is my payroll taxes but I use their website for that. https://www.eftpssouth.com/Eftps/

*KK*
07-26-2004, 12:58 PM
If it can't be paid either online or on the phone I don't pay it. I don't think the DMV likes that too well, but if their online ticket payment system would work, we wouldn't have issues ;)

VooMan
07-26-2004, 01:00 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. Looks like I am going to give B of A a shot. :)