PDA

View Full Version : Napoleon Dynamite

SykkBoy
07-25-2004, 04:08 AM
I highly recomend anyone who hasn't seen it, to go see "Napoleon Dynamite".

I found it extremely funny and just the right amount of quirkiness without being too cutesy for it's own good.

Disclaimer: if you love the Wes Anderson/Wilson Brothers movies (Rushmore, The Royal Tennenbaums, Bottle Rocket, etc.) you'll really love this movie. If dry humor isn't your thing, you'll probably be disappointed.

I found it funnier than "Anchorman" but it's a different type of humor...again, this isn't lowbrow "grossout" humor type stuff (not that I dislike that kind of humor, but this is a bit more highbrow).

Still hard to believe the lead actor in the film is a Mormon who won't swear in a movie or play a character who swears, drinks, does drugs or has pre-marital sex....

Ecstasy Glass
07-25-2004, 05:06 AM
I haven't seen it yet but the trailers look good. I'll probably buy the DVD when it comes out :(

Peaches
07-25-2004, 09:33 AM
I saw the previews for it in the theater - looked good :) Thanks for the recommendation!!

Mike AI
07-25-2004, 10:57 AM
The commercials that are on TV are pretty strange. They do not really compel me to go see the movie.

I will wait for it to hit cable.

SykkBoy
07-25-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jul 25 2004, 09:58 AM
The commercials that are on TV are pretty strange. They do not really compel me to go see the movie.

I will wait for it to hit cable.
Yeah, it's definitely strange and it's probably not going to appeal to the masses, but it's aleady developed a huge cult following I see it doing quite well on video/DVD.

If you're not into dry humor, it's probably best to wait for video/DVD, but if you're looking for something a little different that's not like my typical b-movie recomendations, it's unlike any movie I've seen (although you can tell the filmmaker is greatly influenced by Wes Anderson)

Vick
07-25-2004, 12:31 PM
Napoleon Dynamite was an pen name Elvis Costello used