PDA

View Full Version : I need help with PhpBB installation

MissMinaBBW
07-20-2004, 10:49 PM
Ok so I went to install PhpBB message board on my server because I just moved it from another server. Anyway when I go to install it I put all my info in and hit the "Start Install" button I get this error:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

webair techs cant figure it out, my webmaster can't figure it out and I can't I've tried a few things and nothing same error every fucking time. Been trying to fix it all damn day.

Any help would be extremely appreciated so I can fix it. And would be nice to go to bed knowing it's fixed. :yowsa: :okthumb: :headwall:

pushpills
07-20-2004, 10:51 PM
I can hook you up with a programmer/installer kidna guy, but you have to pay him.

MissMinaBBW
07-20-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by pushpills@Jul 20 2004, 06:52 PM
I can hook you up with a programmer/installer kidna guy, but you have to pay him.
Well of course that's the easiest way out. LOL But I was hoping to be able to fix on my own. Just need to pinpoint the issue. Maybe it's somethign on my server with MYSQL or something that's not setup right. It's suppose easy installation.. Yeahh.. Right.. lol

pushpills
07-20-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by MissMinaBBW+Jul 20 2004, 08:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MissMinaBBW @ Jul 20 2004, 08:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pushpills@Jul 20 2004, 06:52 PM
Well of course that's the easiest way out. LOL But I was hoping to be able to fix on my own. Just need to pinpoint the issue. Maybe it's somethign on my server with MYSQL or something that's not setup right. It's suppose easy installation.. Yeahh.. Right.. lol [/b][/quote]
Ah, then I don't know what to tell you. It's very possible a gfy programmer/server admin kinda person will do this as a freebie in hopes of getting future business.

I've had a couple, but, I forget who they are on my icq.

Best of luck.

MissMinaBBW
07-20-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by pushpills+Jul 20 2004, 06:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pushpills @ Jul 20 2004, 06:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by MissMinaBBW@Jul 20 2004, 08:54 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-pushpills@Jul 20 2004, 06:52 PM
Well of course that's the easiest way out. LOL But I was hoping to be able to fix on my own. Just need to pinpoint the issue. Maybe it's somethign on my server with MYSQL or something that's not setup right. It's suppose easy installation.. Yeahh.. Right.. lol
Ah, then I don't know what to tell you. It's very possible a gfy programmer/server admin kinda person will do this as a freebie in hopes of getting future business.

I've had a couple, but, I forget who they are on my icq.

Best of luck. [/b][/quote]
Already was on GFY. Too much juicy drama for everyone on there I guess. Thanks a bunch anyway ...

Hell Puppy
07-20-2004, 11:15 PM
Is the database setup on the new box?

Sounds like it either hasn't been setup or you have the wrong password or database name.

venturi
07-21-2004, 04:48 AM
Mina, hit me up on ICQ Wednesday (oops, I guess technically that's today) @ 531 49 406 and I'll give you a hand. I'm not free, but I won't bend you over the cash register either. If I don't respond immediately that's probably because it's already 2am here and I'm prolly gonna be up for another couple hours still...

KC
07-21-2004, 05:12 AM
Mina,

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but I think PhpBB has a support forum!!!

MissMinaBBW
07-21-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by venturi@Jul 21 2004, 12:49 AM
Mina, hit me up on ICQ Wednesday (oops, I guess technically that's today) @ 531 49 406 and I'll give you a hand. I'm not free, but I won't bend you over the cash register either. If I don't respond immediately that's probably because it's already 2am here and I'm prolly gonna be up for another couple hours still...
Thank you very much I got it all sorted... I hope.. hehe

MissMinaBBW
07-21-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by KC@Jul 21 2004, 01:13 AM
Mina,

Sure you did otherwise you wouldn't have said it. Ha.. Anyway their support forum sucks cock.. They give you stupid one line answers that might not even be the solution.. Just guesses. I don't want guesses I want RESULTS....Thanks for your 2 cents :agrin:

KC
07-21-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by MissMinaBBW+Jul 21 2004, 08:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MissMinaBBW @ Jul 21 2004, 08:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-KC@Jul 21 2004, 01:13 AM
Mina,

Sure you did otherwise you wouldn't have said it. Ha.. Anyway their support forum sucks cock.. They give you stupid one line answers that might not even be the solution.. Just guesses. I don't want guesses I want RESULTS....Thanks for your 2 cents :agrin: [/b][/quote]
You're welcome :P