PDA

View Full Version : Visa Approval Question WTF?

MissMinaBBW
07-14-2004, 10:29 AM
Ok so I switched billing from IBill 9my old webmasters account which I'm still on but have to be off it and remove all join buttons and cancel all my rebills byJuly 31st) I have a new design comign out as well with it. Anyway I'm STILL waiting for Visa to approve my site.

It's been at least 3 weeks or longer. I've heard they are backed up with approvals but anyone have any idea on just how long it's taking to become Visa Approved these days?

It's just frustrating to pay the fees and all that shit and wait and wait and wait. Sorry had to vent. Getting aggravated... ::SIGH::: :headwall:

spazlabz
07-14-2004, 10:35 AM
Well, I can tell you this. The whole 10 day BS is just that. VISA is taking their time approving sites to accept their card, we have waited for up to 2 months to get approval and that was only after repeated phone calls to our billing processor to get on the ball.
Short answer, and not a good one, is VISA will look over your site and approve it at their liesure :(

spaz :matey:

Mike AI
07-14-2004, 10:50 AM
The VISA approval situation has become a joke.

For PureCash 3 we were delayed because we had to get approval AGAIN for same sites that were approved a long time ago just because we switched company names ( when we moved to Florida).

I am all for making sure sites meet certain critera and making sure cockhoslters don't abuse the system but they seem to treat everyone looking to get approval like potential scammers.

They should create a "certified" list of companies who do the right thing and expidite them. Even if they made this group post a bond or something to hold over them.

MissMinaBBW
07-14-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by spazlabz@Jul 14 2004, 06:36 AM
Well, I can tell you this. The whole 10 day BS is just that. VISA is taking their time approving sites to accept their card, we have waited for up to 2 months to get approval and that was only after repeated phone calls to our billing processor to get on the ball.
Short answer, and not a good one, is VISA will look over your site and approve it at their liesure :(

Yeah 7 to 21 days or whatveer it is. Couldn't come at a worse time for me. I'm moving august first. Sure I can put up MC and all that but Visa is a big chunk of what my members pay with. Not news I want to hear. Esp right now. I mean w pay the fees promptly and they get their money then we sit and wait. Just not right. I think it's unfair they way webmasters are treated and judged these days. Figures the bad apples spoil it all for us good webmasters...

2 months? OMG my husband is not going to be happy when I tell him this..They imply these rules and fees and we comply and still suffer by having to wait NOT knowing a definate date of when we are getting approve...Just very upsetting the whole thing..

I've been in contact with CCBill and all they coulkd say is.. Still waiting Should be soon... Yeah.... RIIIIIIGHT..... :woo:

MissMinaBBW
07-14-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jul 14 2004, 06:51 AM
The VISA approval situation has become a joke.

For PureCash 3 we were delayed because we had to get approval AGAIN for same sites that were approved a long time ago just because we switched company names ( when we moved to Florida).

I am all for making sure sites meet certain critera and making sure cockhoslters don't abuse the system but they seem to treat everyone looking to get approval like potential scammers.

They should create a "certified" list of companies who do the right thing and expidite them. Even if they made this group post a bond or something to hold over them.
And here's another thing it shouldn't matter WHAT billing company you choose. Ibill, CCBill. You have to pay the fee twice?!! It's obsurd. I don't knowbut I don't like being fucked with my pants up.... I understand there has to be ceratin guidelines and rules.
Yeah right what am I thinking? I must be dreaming again..Yeah really. If a company has a good standing with them they should do something. I may not be making sense. If I'm not it's because I'm aggravated... :headwall:

cj
07-14-2004, 10:28 PM
You might be surprised to hear that its less Visa, and more the billing companies excuse for their shit service.

Go ahead billing companies, jump on that all you like, but since we stopped dealing with 3rd parties we've had no trouble getting sites approved in DAYS.

Coincidence? I doubt it.

MissMinaBBW
07-14-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by cj@Jul 14 2004, 06:29 PM
You might be surprised to hear that its less Visa, and more the billing companies excuse for their shit service.

Go ahead billing companies, jump on that all you like, but since we stopped dealing with 3rd parties we've had no trouble getting sites approved in DAYS.

Coincidence? I doubt it.
Hmm that's VERY interesting. So what do you think I should do next? Get on CCBill or what? I might just have to the am. Thank you for that bit of info..

spazlabz
07-15-2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by cj@Jul 14 2004, 06:29 PM

Coincidence? I doubt it.
Actually CJ I wouldn't be surprised at all with this scenerio. Makes perfect sence although I am not quite so sure it has to do with the 3rd parties shiity service. I tend to think it is a more of a numbers game.
3rd party billers come in with say 15K new accounts (websites) a month to be checked over by VISA or whoever. Last yesterdays, last weeks and even last months hasnt been submitted for review yet because of a back log. But then you have a company who provides their own billing, no 3rd party at all, it very easy to track their history and I believe to give them quicker service. They can skip the middle man.
I think the problem is with the shear volume that these 3rd party billers have to deal with on a monthly basis, and no doubt that setting up your own billing is the best situation you can have, but for some companies that option isn't doable.

MissMinaBBW
07-15-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by spazlabz+Jul 15 2004, 02:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (spazlabz @ Jul 15 2004, 02:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cj@Jul 14 2004, 06:29 PM

Coincidence? I doubt it.
Actually CJ I wouldn't be surprised at all with this scenerio. Makes perfect sence although I am not quite so sure it has to do with the 3rd parties shiity service. I tend to think it is a more of a numbers game.
3rd party billers come in with say 15K new accounts (websites) a month to be checked over by VISA or whoever. Last yesterdays, last weeks and even last months hasnt been submitted for review yet because of a back log. But then you have a company who provides their own billing, no 3rd party at all, it very easy to track their history and I believe to give them quicker service. They can skip the middle man.
I think the problem is with the shear volume that these 3rd party billers have to deal with on a monthly basis, and no doubt that setting up your own billing is the best situation you can have, but for some companies that option isn't doable.

spaz :matey: [/b][/quote]
That's interesting as well. I just want my account approved. Is that TOO MUCH to ask for? These days I suppose so. So by the time they approve me the time will roll around when I'll have to pay the 350.00...Maybe I'm in the wrong biz. I say that all the time. But I really love what I do. It's a challenge and I love a good challenge :) Thanks everyone for your all input. I really appreciate it :) Just hope I get approved soon... :sigh::