07-12-2004, 10:44 AM
if Kerry wins and all Bush tax breakes go down the drain,
munies will outperform treasuries!

what do you think of
shorting treas/going long munies trade?

JoesHO
07-12-2004, 10:51 AM
Now you are thinking Serge....

I believe we all know that bush must go, so lets look for the silver linings while we can.... :bwave:

Winetalk.com
07-12-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Jul 12 2004, 09:52 AM
Now you are thinking Serge....

I believe we all know that bush must go, so lets look for the silver linings while we can.... :bwave:
I'll vote for Bush,
and gonna protect my dough regardless who wins....$$$ have no friends and take no hostages
;-)))

wig
07-12-2004, 02:08 PM
Serge,

Interesting thought. I do not have a Muni / Treas spread in front of me and I am not sure what vehicle one would use to put this spread on (outside of futures).

Has there really been a narrowing spread between the two resulting from the tax cut?

Winetalk.com
07-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by wig@Jul 12 2004, 01:09 PM
Serge,

Interesting thought. I do not have a Muni / Treas spread in front of me and I am not sure what vehicle one would use to put this spread on (outside of futures).

Has there really been a narrowing spread between the two resulting from the tax cut?
I am talking futures or..
buy mut fund which shorts treas (RYJAX for example)/buy some muni ETF
(MFL for example)

wig
07-12-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Jul 12 2004, 01:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Jul 12 2004, 01:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-wig@Jul 12 2004, 01:09 PM
Serge,

(MFL for example) [/b][/quote]
alright... futures i can see as that is an easy spread to manage.

I will see if I can put together a spread chart of two over that last 10 years just for kicks.

Winetalk.com
07-12-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by wig+Jul 12 2004, 01:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wig @ Jul 12 2004, 01:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Jul 12 2004, 01:14 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-wig@Jul 12 2004, 01:09 PM
Serge,

(MFL for example)
alright... futures i can see as that is an easy spread to manage.

I will see if I can put together a spread chart of two over that last 10 years just for kicks. [/b][/quote]
yeap, as if we know the correlation-
we can play and win
;_)