PDA

View Full Version : Do you dazzel with Brilliance?

JoesHO
07-09-2004, 04:30 PM
I kniow there are many intelligent people here and all, but seriously if you do not know a subject are you the type to attempt to baffel them with bullshit, or would just opint blank say I DO NOT KNOW ?

I would like to hear this topic discussed by so many brilliant minds, I already know what the bullshitters would do!!!

I am curious to know what the intelligent people think, and do....

Peaches
07-09-2004, 04:37 PM
I ALWAYS say "I don't know" and there are many who post here who will attest to that fact. B)

If I try to baffle with BS, then I'll NEVER know. I'd rather admit my ignorance and have someone teach me something :)

Mike AI
07-09-2004, 04:58 PM
Lot of fertilizer spread in this industry.... more then others I have seen.

SykkBoy
07-09-2004, 05:18 PM
Depends on the situation
I learned to be a good salesman, you have to do a little of both and more importantly know when to use each.

Find a man who can walk the fine line between brilliance and bullshit and I'll show you the most successful salesman in your division. (I wrote that in a manual I authored for telemarketing room trainers ;-))

Winetalk.com
07-09-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Jul 9 2004, 03:38 PM
I ALWAYS say "I don't know" and there are many who post here who will attest to that fact. B)

If I try to baffle with BS, then I'll NEVER know. I'd rather admit my ignorance and have someone teach me something :)
word for word same here

masterp74
07-09-2004, 05:33 PM
I don't know

Peaches
07-10-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jul 9 2004, 04:59 PM
Yes, but the BS spread around this industry isn't usually because someone doesn't know. They know just fine, but prefer to BS :awinky:

grimm
07-10-2004, 10:54 AM
I've never had this probem because i always know the answer :nyanya:

JoesHO
07-10-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Peaches+Jul 10 2004, 06:15 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Jul 10 2004, 06:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mike AI@Jul 9 2004, 04:59 PM
Yes, but the BS spread around this industry isn't usually because someone doesn't know. They know just fine, but prefer to BS :awinky: [/b][/quote]
Great Point Peaches, and on that note, do you Oprano's feel that misinformation campaigns are helpful to the industry as a whole, or just a way to try to keep the next guy down and allow you to step in front of them?

HoneyBlond
07-11-2004, 07:52 AM
I am a point blank "I Don't Know, but I will find out" girl

chodadog
07-11-2004, 02:40 PM
One of my buddies... Extremely smart guy. His IQ literally puts him in the genius category. But he insists on knowing everything about anything, and if he doesn't know, he will just make it up on the spot. Thing is, he's very good at convincing people that what he is saying is fact. He's just got a way with words and he's very quick. I hear him talk so much shit. He seems to just hate people thinking he doesn't know everything. I think he's pretty insecure, myself.

Me, i'll gladly admit when i don't know something. I've been guilty of talking shit in the past, but i think everyone has done it at one stage. I'd much rather find something out than try and bluff my way through a conversation.