PDA

View Full Version : Oregon is considering allowing

JoesHO
07-09-2004, 01:03 PM
and they are gonna put a 20% tax on it.....

hmmm not a bad time to be a legal card holder in this state huh....

Winetalk.com
07-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Jul 9 2004, 12:04 PM

Oregon's economy is one of the worst in the Union.....every dollar helps,
"environmentalists" basically killed logging industry and now I see what was their true purpose
;-)))

JoesHO
07-09-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Jul 9 2004, 09:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Jul 9 2004, 09:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JoesHO1@Jul 9 2004, 12:04 PM

Oregon's economy is one of the worst in the Union.....every dollar helps,
"environmentalists" basically killed logging industry and now I see what was their true purpose
;-))) [/b][/quote]
We did not kill logging, we revolutionized it.....

Hemp stalks make way better paper than the pulp of the trees that produce the oxygen we breathe....

or sustain the food we hunt....

or provide for the beautiful surronding we live in...

Hemp would also take us off of dependancy of middle east oil too....

and as far as economy goes, what is better than a product you can tax 20% and get away with, also the products, and jobs that would be created if one was to have access to all of the benifites the hemp fiber products can produce?(these would also have a tax on them as well) loans would need to be made, jobs created, goods used.... it is the basic priciple of economics that fuels our great nation!!!! :salute:

Winetalk.com
07-09-2004, 01:13 PM
Joe,
and how many stoned will this innovation produce?

will Portland become a "New Amsterdam"?
;-)))

pushpills
07-09-2004, 01:13 PM
people forget that trees are a harvestable crop.

i hear some environmental types from columbia whining "when we kill all the trees then what will you do?"

how'd they get there in the first place? grow em.

as far as pot legal in oregon, is there anything fun to do there besides smoking pot?

Winetalk.com
07-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by pushpills@Jul 9 2004, 12:14 PM

i hear some environmental types from columbia whining "when we kill all the trees then what will you do?"

as far as pot legal in oregon, is there anything fun to do there besides smoking pot?
you right, trees are the crop which grows itself...

as for things to do in Oregon,
it's a nature's lover paradise. We are going to Crater Lake this summer
http://volcano.und.nodak.edu/vwdocs/volc_i...rater_lake.html (http://volcano.und.nodak.edu/vwdocs/volc_images/north_america/crater_lake.html)

I love Oregon
http://nocomments.com/Oregon03/Oregon/

JoesHO
07-09-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Jul 9 2004, 09:14 AM
Joe,
and how many stoned will this innovation produce?

will Portland become a "New Amsterdam"?
;-)))
How many worthless workers did the union produce? yet the benificial impact of the unions is what allowed industry in America to advance and tower above the third world countries that did not look out for the worker bees too.

everything good, must have some bad, it is the ying and yang priciple..

so the unions created better productivity, but yet made the worker lazy>

it is up to the strong ones to figure this out as well...

pushpills
07-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Jul 9 2004, 11:18 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Jul 9 2004, 11:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pushpills@Jul 9 2004, 12:14 PM

you right, trees are the crop which grows itself...

as for things to do in Oregon,
it's a nature's lover paradise. We are going to Crater Lake this summer
http://volcano.und.nodak.edu/vwdocs/volc_i...rater_lake.html (http://volcano.und.nodak.edu/vwdocs/volc_images/north_america/crater_lake.html)

I love Oregon
http://nocomments.com/Oregon03/Oregon/ [/b][/quote]
ah, nature, of course.

I like nature too but have really gotten to love being in citys. Big buildings are even better'n big trees!

I need to take my girlfriend to the mountains since she cancelled her "semester in the mountains" to stick around here. What's the best mountain trip in u.s. ? I've only been to colorado for mountains.

JoesHO
07-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by pushpills@Jul 9 2004, 09:14 AM

NO Oregon sucks, rains all the time and is very ugly to visit, tell all your freinds how miserable it is here...... keep them going to florida... or california, they will like it much better there.....

hmmm maybe if we add a tourism tax that might help to keep them away, errr....I mean help our economy out LOL

gigi
07-09-2004, 02:20 PM
ilb is a whole helluva lotta pot. Pot has just been decriminalized here in BC and you are allowed to carry up to 1/2oz of 'personal'. This amount cannot be broken into smaller amounts though, or else they can charge you with 'intent to sell'....

Mike AI
07-09-2004, 03:09 PM
1 lb of weed seems like a lot.

JoesHO
07-09-2004, 03:26 PM
Yea, I am currently allowed to carry an ounce for my medical condition.

TheEnforcer
07-09-2004, 04:55 PM
Way to go Oregon!!! :okthumb:

I don't smoke anymore but I would certainly like to see the stuff made legal. makes no sense whatsoever that it is not.

pushpills
07-09-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Jul 9 2004, 01:27 PM
what condition is that?

slavdogg
07-09-2004, 07:02 PM
1 lb ?? thats A LOT of fuckin weed man
have you guys ever seen a lb of weed ??
I'm all for legal weed and shit, and a lb wouldnt last me that long either
but thats pushing it

slavdogg
07-09-2004, 07:12 PM
>> Hemp stalks make way better paper than the pulp of the trees that produce the oxygen we breathe....

thats great and all, but what does it have to do with a lb of weed law ?
do tree huggers and envirofreaks make their own paper from hemp in Oregon ?

dont get me wrong :) i'm all for legal weed, legal party drugs, X, G, shrooms...
but there has got to be some level of control. I dont want everyone being stoned all the time.

JoesHO
07-09-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by pushpills+Jul 9 2004, 01:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pushpills @ Jul 9 2004, 01:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JoesHO1@Jul 9 2004, 01:27 PM
what condition is that? [/b][/quote]
I have a broken back