PDA

View Full Version : Saddam's humor

Almighty Colin
07-01-2004, 01:06 PM
Judge:" Can you afford an attorney?"

Saddam: "The Americans say I have millions hidden in Switzerland. How can I not have the money to pay for one?"

Dravyk
07-01-2004, 01:41 PM
According to articles I read this morning, Saddam has a team of (not a typo) over 500 lawyers.

SykkBoy
07-01-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Jul 1 2004, 12:42 PM
According to articles I read this morning, Saddam has a team of (not a typo) over 500 lawyers.
The IRAQ version of ACACIA (without the ludicrous income scheme)?

Mike AI
07-01-2004, 02:16 PM
I have been reading about thing Saddam has been saying, he is a witty guy.

No doubt he is smart, you don't become a dictator for 30 years by being stupid.

Of course if he was really smart he would have pulled his troops out of Kuwait before US moved in. Or have gone into Saudi Arabia before US troops got there.
He would have also backed down and let inspectors in - he would still be in power - living large rather then doing stand-up in jail!

Dravyk
07-01-2004, 02:17 PM
This could become one of the top questions of all time.

- What happens when an irresitable force meets and immovable object?

- If God can do anything, can he create something so heavy he can't lift?

- What is greater, the wealth of a despot who raked the proceeds of the third-richest oil producing country on Earth for 35 years, or the final invoice of 500 hungry lawyers billing at an hourly rate?

Rolo
07-01-2004, 02:20 PM
And this why I hope they will not send live from the court room... Show pics and censured videos from the court room - do not give him an open mic to the world - he has caused enough problems. Do the character killing on him, and then give him the same justice he showed others.

If they send live and unedited, then we will learn that "A coward dies a thousand deaths - a hero dies just once", and while we see Saddam as a coward, then for many Saddam will be a hero, if he can defy the people in power... this is how martyrs are created.

Almighty Colin
07-01-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jul 1 2004, 01:17 PM

Of course if he was really smart he would have pulled his troops out of Kuwait before US moved in. Or have gone into Saudi Arabia before US troops got there.
He would have also backed down and let inspectors in - he would still be in power - living large rather then doing stand-up in jail!
I think that would violate Saddam's code of honor and would be worse than the alternatives.

Mike AI
07-01-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Colin+Jul 1 2004, 02:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Colin @ Jul 1 2004, 02:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mike AI@Jul 1 2004, 01:17 PM

I think that would violate Saddam's code of honor and would be worse than the alternatives. [/b][/quote]

That is part of it, but I think some of it also has to do with Saddam getting bad advice.

One problem with being a dictator who kills everyone who is not a yes-man, is you don't get the best advice.

Saddam also got bad advice from France and Russia... both who said they were going to block US from invading.

Meni
07-01-2004, 05:25 PM
I have a problem with the charge about invading kuwait
do we charge every single president in the world who has invaded a country?
i think thats war
war works it self out
sure raping and killing kurds
hang him
but try him for invading Kuwait?
go after EVERY DICTATOR THEN
even the ones Reagan set up