PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice how slow ARS is?

Mike AI
07-01-2004, 11:08 AM
Anyone else notice how slow ARS is when it comes to redeeming the ARS points? I ordered something months ago. By the time I get the monitors I ordered, they will no longer be cutting edge technology.

If anyone needs Christmas gifts for 2005, you may want to put your order in now with ARS points!

:lol: :lol:

Winetalk.com
07-01-2004, 11:13 AM
Mike,
I don't know what you ordered from them,
but THIS is a cutting edge technology in monitors today
;-))

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/smartdisplay/default.mspx

JR
07-01-2004, 11:20 AM
http://www.go-l.com/monitors/cinerama/features/main.jpg

BradShaw
07-01-2004, 12:16 PM
I placed 4 orders early May, I have received 2 of them.

pushpills
07-01-2004, 12:40 PM
http://www.brothersoft.com/EditPlus_Download_16751.html

you can use editplus to replace your ars links with higher converting sites like pimproll or something else you might not have tried.

3 chicks per tour page doesn't seem to convert my surfers like it did years ago. hopefully you got your ars points by using the dialer or something.

Dravyk
07-01-2004, 01:39 PM
Admit it. JR's post gave most people here a woody.

Mike AI
07-01-2004, 03:34 PM
Apparently ARS has a huge back order for getting things out. They had a monthly budget for buying and sending things out. To make things worse the girl who handles it is going on vacation for 2 week.

I also think a lot of people are cashing in theri points because they are concered that they will be devalued, or will be worthless if ARS bites the dust - so there has been a stampede.

Points programs are difficult to manage, but if you are going to offer it, you should have better support!

mojobill
07-01-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Jul 1 2004, 12:40 PM
Admit it. JR's post gave most people here a woody.
It gave me wood! ;-)

Peaches
07-01-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jul 1 2004, 11:09 AM
Anyone else notice how slow ARS is when it comes to redeeming the ARS points? I ordered something months ago. By the time I get the monitors I ordered, they will no longer be cutting edge technology.

If anyone needs Christmas gifts for 2005, you may want to put your order in now with ARS points!

Read their boards - apparently they are only up to the first week of May as far as orders :( Thankfully I have a very small order and it's just for an Amazon GC, but I can imagine the people cashing in for the big stuff are rather peeved - to say the least. :(

Oh, and "the girl" is Marc's Aunt - I know she'd be tickled to hear someone called her a girl :)

Mike AI
07-01-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Jul 1 2004, 06:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Jul 1 2004, 06:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mike AI@Jul 1 2004, 11:09 AM

Read their boards - apparently they are only up to the first week of May as far as orders :( Thankfully I have a very small order and it's just for an Amazon GC, but I can imagine the people cashing in for the big stuff are rather peeved - to say the least. :(

Oh, and "the girl" is Marc's Aunt - I know she'd be tickled to hear someone called her a girl :) [/b][/quote]
Maybe they should hire his Uncle too - speed things up a little! :P

Hell Puppy
07-01-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Jul 1 2004, 10:14 AM
Mike,
I don't know what you ordered from them,
but THIS is a cutting edge technology in monitors today
;-))

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/smartdisplay/default.mspx
The problem with this is the keyboard functions. This is why most newer PDAs and wireless devices have a keyboard, even if a small one, instead of relying exclusively on tapping or a shorthand like palm's grafitti.

Hell Puppy
07-01-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jul 1 2004, 02:35 PM
Apparently ARS has a huge back order for getting things out. They had a monthly budget for buying and sending things out. To make things worse the girl who handles it is going on vacation for 2 week.

I also think a lot of people are cashing in theri points because they are concered that they will be devalued, or will be worthless if ARS bites the dust - so there has been a stampede.

Points programs are difficult to manage, but if you are going to offer it, you should have better support!
If scammers weren't so rampant and margins weren't shrinking, there's a business opportunity for someone who can create an outsourcer for this kind of thing. Let the programs concentrate on what they do best and farm out crap like fulfilling reward points.

Customer service and fraud control make the numbers tough to work though.

Mike AI
07-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Jul 1 2004, 10:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Jul 1 2004, 10:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mike AI@Jul 1 2004, 02:35 PM

If scammers weren't so rampant and margins weren't shrinking, there's a business opportunity for someone who can create an outsourcer for this kind of thing. Let the programs concentrate on what they do best and farm out crap like fulfilling reward points.

Customer service and fraud control make the numbers tough to work though. [/b][/quote]
No doubt. People are cutting back left and right with shrinking profit margins.

Peaches
07-01-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Jul 1 2004, 11:24 PM
Customer service and fraud control make the numbers tough to work though.
Fraud is one the things ARS brought up when asked why they didn't at least hire someone part time to do it for a few months to get some of the backlog taken care of.

IMHO, this is an unusual situation - they went for 6 weeks? Two months? where they took ZERO orders. When they started taking them again, folks were a little nervous about possibly having their point "locked up" again and in addition to the two month wait, you then had more webmasters cashing their points in. Granted, this is something that could have been forseen, but I can't imagine the logistics of putting hundreds of thousand of dollars on credit cards in order to get all these orders out. :unsure: