PDA

View Full Version : its fucking hot in here

MissEve
06-27-2004, 01:13 AM
Its 80 degrees at 10pm and my house is goddamn sauna. Eskimos are not used to this! My bedroom on my 3rd floor is 90!!! I have evey window open.....should I point the fans towards the windows or away?

I need an igloo.

XXXPhoto
06-27-2004, 04:31 AM
put a fan in one window facing so it blows room air to the outdoors, put another fan in another window so it blows the outdoor air into room. Suck air in from cooler side of the house and blow it out to the hot side. If the air outside isn't much cooler than air in room, you won't get much benefit moving it around. Roll of icecubes in a towel around your neck can keep you cool... KC should be fanning you and fetching ice chips for you anyway... lol ...

Mike AI
06-27-2004, 12:51 PM
Portable AC migtht be a good investment.

pushpills
06-27-2004, 01:01 PM
don't you have a/c in your house?

Peaches
06-27-2004, 01:27 PM
I would do Mark's fan idea and STAY OUT OF THE TOP FLOOR :) You probably don't want to invest in an AC that you'd probably use once or twice every 10 years. :awinky:

I have CHA and because of the way my loft is - no attic and the wood floors are the downstair's ceilings, I have no ducts in it. I tend to move downstairs during the heat of the day :)

*KK*
06-27-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by pushpills@Jun 27 2004, 09:02 AM
don't you have a/c in your house?
Most people living in Alaska are more concerned with heat than air conditioning, I would venture to guess. For that matter, living by the beach in SoCal means you don't have a/c as a prevalent thing in most houses.

MissEve
06-27-2004, 10:10 PM
Thankfully it cooled down today! KK is right, no one has AC at home here. Our houses are definitely meant to keep the heat in. We also have those windows that swing out so Im not sure you could get one of those ghetto window AC units but Im going to look into something just for the top floor. When it started cooling off in the middle of the night I opened every door and window so it cooled down but turned into a mosquito fest!

pushpills
06-28-2004, 01:34 PM
Oh I was not aware you lived in Alaska, or didn't remember.

For this kinda thing, it wouldn't hurt to invest in like a 120 buck in a window a/c or two, they can move alot of cold air, mine are cheap as hell and have remotes. I live in vintage building.