PDA

View Full Version : Internet, why do you think beatings NEVER happen

Winetalk.com
06-24-2004, 07:10 PM
exception.

I think Internet maintains the tradition first established in Ancient Greece by Olympians:
all hostility seize to exist while the games are on

;-)))

Mike AI
06-24-2004, 07:35 PM
It has alway been that way. Everyone talks smack, and then in person everyone becomes meek and then ends up drinking together.

JoesHO
06-24-2004, 11:24 PM
Trust me, I hope to have an opportunity to pop a special couple people.... and if that window presents it self, .....

well lets just say I aint you typical webmaster.....

Mike AI
06-24-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Jun 24 2004, 10:25 PM
Trust me, I hope to have an opportunity to pop a special couple people.... and if that window presents it self, .....

They all say that. Most people on the boards are keyboard ninjas.... once you get them in person they would never be offensive, and talk shit.

JoesHO
06-24-2004, 11:29 PM
Well, Mike since you have studied law before, you may be familiar with the repercussions if it is not a mutual combat situation....

Having bounced several years in south florida, and vegas as a youngster...
I think knowing how to ensure that the melee is considered mutual combat, and therefore defensible in a court of law, wether that is civil, or criminal. Is something that typical webmasters are not accustomed to!

HoneyBlond
06-25-2004, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jun 25 2004, 10:36 AM
ends up drinking together.
I really like the sound of the drinking togather bit!!!
:hic:

CuriousToyBoy
06-25-2004, 02:27 AM
People tend to retract a lot of shit when they actually meet me.

For the life of me, I just can't work out why that is...

I'm not interested anyway, but am not the sort of bloke to take a backward step.

Have also been known to take a punch or 3 just to see them in court the next day - if I think that is a better outcome ..... it's a judgement call.

People talk loud and large and few have the cajones to talk walk the talk.

I have my eyes and ears open for one person, the first person who ripped me for no reason in this biz, way back when. No names, no warning, but I will enjoy that one if it happens.

:P :P

kmanrox
06-25-2004, 04:56 AM
-yawn-

Winetalk.com
06-25-2004, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Jun 24 2004, 10:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Jun 24 2004, 10:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JoesHO1@Jun 24 2004, 10:25 PM

They all say that. Most people on the boards are keyboard ninjas.... once you get them in person they would never be offensive, and talk shit. [/b][/quote]
yeap.....soooooooooooooo true!

Weasel promissed me the beating last time in Miami and I walked to him,
after he went out of his way to avoid me....the best he could do with his hands is to autograph his threat,
I'll show it all at the party
;-)))

Winetalk.com
06-25-2004, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Jun 24 2004, 10:30 PM
Well, Mike since you have studied law before, you may be familiar with the repercussions if it is not a mutual combat situation....

Having bounced several years in south florida, and vegas as a youngster...
I think knowing how to ensure that the melee is considered mutual combat, and therefore defensible in a court of law, wether that is civil, or criminal. Is something that typical webmasters are not accustomed to!
this is what I do with the internet threats:
http://www.sexia.com/gallery/webmaster/page3/SergeD.jpg

BradShaw
06-25-2004, 11:20 AM
I have no problem telling someone what I think of them in person. Done it several times. Even when someone twice my size was standing over me.

Ask those pool side in Phx in April what happened when I saw David Van Der Poel.

As for as beating someones ass, physical violence is simply stupid for a millionaire. But the poor people can beat each other all day.

Vick
06-25-2004, 11:47 AM
Brad - just for shits and grins
How about you lose the piss and vinegar here at Oprano (even though that is your board persona for the most part). I've met you at shows briefly a few times and you come across as a reasonably decent chap

Serge is going to get the best of you every time and you're not going to draw eyes from here to weasel's board

What would been marginally interesting is if you would have keep the piss and vinegar persona for your Just Blow Me and then hired someone to be your foil and occasionally best you on your own board

That would have made for better reading than you making nice nice with easton, who you pissed all over and posted pics of with (alleged) drugs on that other board

Marketing, Marketing, Marketing

Mike AI
06-25-2004, 11:52 AM
Vick good post.

I think on his board, Brad is more of a pussycat, trying to woo over the people he used to refer to as idiots to make as many $.10 posts they can.

Brad saves piss for other boards now.

Brad is very adaptable.

Winetalk.com
06-25-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jun 25 2004, 10:53 AM

Brad is very adaptable.
...and knows his limitations,
he will NEVER go against me in "tit for tat",
either mentally or physically.

Poor me, I am running out of sparring partners
;-))))

Sharpie
06-25-2004, 12:18 PM
I have wayyyy to much trouble keeping up with the politics... of who is doing biz with who & who is not.... it changes too fast. I never know if this Brad/MikeAi/Serge thing is all board talk, or if it is personal...I remember when "weasel" was known as Brad & welcomed at New Orleans gatherings.

I can't believe that he is "weasel" just because he started his own board..... and it wouldn't surprise me if biz was going on between you'all...

These board personas drive me crazy. I know many of you & know that you are opiniated, but pussycats.... and not much like your board talk. Mike is an exception... he is what he is - on and off the boards. He has no trouble saying what is on his mind anytime~

gonzo
06-25-2004, 12:23 PM
For the record...Brad didnt offer to kick my ass in Miami. Hes just going to call me an idiot. Its ok... Im not looking for 10 cents a post ...Ill stay here and be Mike and Serge's doughnut fetcher.

Winetalk.com
06-25-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie@Jun 25 2004, 11:19 AM

I can't believe that he is "weasel" just because he started his own board..... and it wouldn't surprise me if biz was going on between you'all...

from http://www.sexia.com/gallery/webmaster/page3/

Who is the Good? Who is the Bad? Who is the Ugly?

http://www.sexia.com/gallery/webmaster/page3/gbu.jpg

Winetalk.com
06-25-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Jun 25 2004, 11:24 AM
For the record...Brad didnt offer to kick my ass in Miami. Hes just going to call me an idiot. Its ok... Im not looking for 10 cents a post ...Ill stay here and be Mike and Serge's doughnut fetcher.
sorry, gonzo, won't happen,
I don't eat doughnuts - too much carbs
;_))

will you fetch me some frozen basa fish from chinese supermarket instead?
;-))))

Sharpie
06-25-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano+Jun 25 2004, 11:26 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serge_Oprano @ Jun 25 2004, 11:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sharpie@Jun 25 2004, 11:19 AM

from http://www.sexia.com/gallery/webmaster/page3/

Who is the Good? Who is the Bad? Who is the Ugly?

http://www.sexia.com/gallery/webmaster/page3/gbu.jpg [/b][/quote]

Now, that is a CLASSIC question...........Maybe we shoul start a poll on that one:-)

Winetalk.com
06-25-2004, 12:50 PM
go ahead
;-)))

you know how to poll, do ya?
;-)))

pushpills
06-25-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by BradShaw@Jun 25 2004, 09:21 AM
Done it several times. Even when someone twice my size was standing over me.

the michelin tire guy?

http://www.ricetire.com/images/michman.gif

Mike AI
06-25-2004, 12:55 PM
Brad is a friend of mine. He has always been, even when he is wrong!! :P

Sharpie, you know I get along with everyone!!

:rolleyes:

Winetalk.com
06-25-2004, 12:56 PM
fun that brad has to come to oprano, his board that boring? Guess he gets bored reading posts he pays for! haha

Meni
06-25-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by BradShaw@Jun 25 2004, 10:21 AM
I have no problem telling someone what I think of them in person. Done it several times. Even when someone twice my size was standing over me.

Ask those pool side in Phx in April what happened when I saw David Van Der Poel.

As for as beating someones ass, physical violence is simply stupid for a millionaire. But the poor people can beat each other all day.
Brad is right, he will stand up to poeple that he pisses off online

Winetalk.com
06-25-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Meni+Jun 25 2004, 12:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Meni @ Jun 25 2004, 12:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Brad "little weasel" Shaw@Jun 25 2004, 10:21 AM

Brad is right, he will stand up to poeple that he pisses off online [/b][/quote]
Meni,
I can only talk from my personal expereince...
I came up to him talking to Hooper in Miami and....he didn't stand up and kept sitting for safety.

The scarriest person I ever met at the show was some lawyer...
Offenbaum? O-something?
chubby short guy who toild me that I either hire him or wear the orange suit and I wasn't even in the business anymore
;-)))

Meni
06-25-2004, 01:24 PM
oh
everyone's nice to me
and i'm nice to everyone
but i'm usually buzzed

sextoyking
06-25-2004, 01:47 PM
Over the years we have seen so many "battles" that were going to go from the boards to the conventions, gosh I used to laugh my ass off at the drama :)

Especially on netpond, man I remember me and KB pissing on each other's heads, we get to Jamaica and met up at the outdoor cafe on the beach, we were all cool..

Serge made us all shit talkers :)

Sharpie
06-25-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Jun 25 2004, 11:51 AM
go ahead
;-)))

you know how to poll, do ya?
;-)))

Yeh, and it would be fun.... but I haven't figured out how to word it...... too many options.

BradShaw
06-25-2004, 03:06 PM
I post here to get people over to my board? Wrong.

FYI, I noticed Mike made some posts at jaybeem so I figured I could return the love. I post on more boards than my own.

BradShaw
06-25-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie@Jun 25 2004, 08:19 AM
I have wayyyy to much trouble keeping up with the politics... of who is doing biz with who & who is not.... it changes too fast. I never know if this Brad/MikeAi/Serge thing is all board talk, or if it is personal...I remember when "weasel" was known as Brad & welcomed at New Orleans gatherings.

These board personas drive me crazy. I know many of you & know that you are opiniated, but pussycats.... and not much like your board talk. Mike is an exception... he is what he is - on and off the boards. He has no trouble saying what is on his mind anytime~
Serge and I have a mutual respect, he denys it 8 out of 10 times. I still think he is washed up, and he thinks whatever he thinks today. Serge and I do no biz though. He is retired, and I am not in the wine business.

Mike and I have been friends forever, I do not see that changing. I am sure I am still welcomed at Oprano and or Mike's gatherings. In fact, I may move in with him soon!

Winetalk.com
06-25-2004, 03:21 PM
Brad, you are welcome at Oprano and if you ever get in jail,
I'll make sure Mike sends you cookies and warm clothing on a regular basis.

as for "washed up",
what exactly that? Define it if you can,
I bet you $100 you won't be able to come up with plausable and applicable definition
;-)))

In case you forgot what I think of you:
in one word - WEASEL.

Come to my house, you know the address, and I'll shout in your face the rest in front of 30 people.
;-))))

P.S. if you chicken out, blame it on colon problem
;_)))))

Hell Puppy
06-25-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie@Jun 25 2004, 11:19 AM

I'm with Sharpie on this one. I believe none of what I read and only half of what I see. Face it we're in an industry that thrives on deception and misdirection.

I've never had a conversation with Brad, so I dont have any real opinion. I will say that the persona he projects on the boards is the ultimate pretentious asshole. Good for page views I s'pose.

At the core, I actually agree with him about the industry. I'd love to see the cost of entry raised. It just might weed out those who treat it like a big frat party.

cj
06-25-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by BradShaw@Jun 25 2004, 02:13 PM
I am not in the wine business.
maybe not but you are king of the whine business!!

P.S. if you chicken out, blame it on colon problem
;_)))))

Serge, *ahem* I already bagged that excuse :P

Its funny that people create pretend personalities for chat boards & the internet (where most of our business is done) and yet act like 'themselves' in person!?!? You should always put your best foot forward in business, and if you have to fake a personality to do that then so be it!

Less than 10% of webmasters in this business currently will be here in 2 years ... so who really cares what the other 90% are up to now? let them beat chests and threaten each other ... the rest of us have work to do!