PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes it's the little things

Vick
06-23-2004, 10:42 PM
A certain (now banned but sure to be back in the future) poster made a derogatory post about my budding entertainment career which I never responded to because he was light years off and I didn't feel his words deserved a response.

Below is a very interesting and gratifying experience that happened when performing last Sunday
One of the things that make it worthwhile (besides the $ and notoriety)

A gentleman saw me and asked if I would be performing later where he was as his sons had enjoyed seeing me perform before

Knowing that I'm nothing without audiences it's very unlikely I'll ever turn down a request

Entering the venue I see the man with his family and there are about as far away from me as could be so I call out to one of his sons to be my assistant, the two boys aren't sure which one I meant (they both had blue shirts on) so they both come down. I notice the older boy is taking a little longer and it looks like he may be limping. The younger boy looks to be about 6 and the older boy about 8.

Did a short Malini Egg bag routine with the younger boy as I turn to the older son I notice his entire left arm is prosthetic as is his left leg. I could feel the brace he was in through his shirt. His right hand's fingers stop at the first digit. Went on with the bottle through body I planned, the boy said he was a little scared. I told him he was a very brave young man and we'll be alright. The illusion went perfectly and the crowd loved the young boy and gave him a great round of applause. His face beamed

Sometimes it's the little things

Peaches
06-23-2004, 10:45 PM
You butthead - now I have tears in my eyes right before I go to bed and read. :inlove:

HoneyBlond
06-24-2004, 12:04 AM
All the little things add up

Vick you are very special :inlove:

:okthumb:

Winetalk.com
06-24-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by HoneyBlond@Jun 23 2004, 11:05 PM
All the little things add up

Vick you are very special :inlove:

he IS.

Trev
06-24-2004, 08:35 AM
I've got a lump in my throat.

My mother has a saying that the good get their rewards in heaven... sounds like you got one of them rewards early :D :okthumb:

VooMan
06-24-2004, 09:58 AM
Nice going Vick. I love to hear stories like that. :okthumb:

XXXPhoto
06-24-2004, 10:25 AM
Vick,

You might have all these folks fooled but I know you are a crusty mean sum-bitch who cuts in line at Disneyland and does kinky things dressed up as uncle sam... that being said, was great story; way to answer the knock... :wnw: :wnw: :wnw:

Nickatilynx
06-24-2004, 10:54 AM

Nice Vick.

Nice.

:wnw:

who cuts in line at Disneyland

ahahahahah very true.

ying and yang? ;-)))))

Vick
06-24-2004, 01:23 PM
Thanks for all the kinds words and thoughts

Like I've posted before I don't do magic, magic is when things like this happen and I can't purposely cause or plan those

Mark - get the story straight, it was Disneyworld not Disneyland and so what if I pushed the woman in her walker and her blind daughter out of the way - they had it coming damn it :redance:
and another so what if I dressed like Uncle Sam and did the Statue of Liberty :D I am a proud American

Nickatilynx
06-24-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Jun 24 2004, 09:24 AM

magic is when things like this happen and I can't purposely cause or plan those
Ok , you pushed it too far.

Now I'm feeling sick!!!!

;-))))

Vick
06-24-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Jun 24 2004, 12:35 PM
Ok , you pushed it too far.

Now I'm feeling sick!!!!