PDA

View Full Version : Internext.......

sarettah
06-23-2004, 12:05 AM
Are all the po folk racking with Forest or Serge ?? :yowsa:

Seriously though...

Jen and I are thinking about driving down for Internext and have just started looking at hotels and such.

Looks like the Westin is all booked up (of course) along with the 2 or 3 real close in to the westin.

Looking up the beach a bit and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or some such :)

gonzo
06-23-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by sarettah@Jun 22 2004, 11:06 PM
Are all the po folk racking with Forest or Serge ?? :yowsa:

Seriously though...

Jen and I are thinking about driving down for Internext and have just started looking at hotels and such.

Looks like the Westin is all booked up (of course) along with the 2 or 3 real close in to the westin.

Looking up the beach a bit and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or some such :)
I stay close to the greyhound station.

pushpills
06-23-2004, 12:19 AM
staying at the westin, unless woj boots me out or my girlfriend and her parents kidnap me for their summer trip.

Billy
06-23-2004, 12:22 AM
I was on the phone with the Westin for a good part of the day, they still have rooms available just have to mention you are with internext.

The Westin Diplomat
Resort & Spa
3555 S. Ocean Drive
Hollywood, FL 33019

Reservations: 1-888-627-9057

Rooms starting at $145.00

I am pissed at them but it is a great place to stay if you are going to the show !

sarettah
06-23-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by gonzo@Jun 22 2004, 11:11 PM
I stay close to the greyhound station.
Hell Gonzo, you can sleep in the back of our truck if you like... I'll clean out some of the wet leaves and sticks for ya...

Of course, if you would give up the fucking goods, I'd upgrade from a standard at the Ramada to a suite and you could even have a bed..... :yowsa:

sarettah
06-23-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Billy@Jun 22 2004, 11:23 PM
I was on the phone with the Westin for a good part of the day, they still have rooms available just have to mention you are with internext.

The Westin Diplomat
Resort & Spa
3555 S. Ocean Drive
Hollywood, FL 33019

Reservations: 1-888-627-9057

Rooms starting at $145.00

I am pissed at them but it is a great place to stay if you are going to the show !
Thanx for that info Billy... Cool.

Don't know if I want to stay at the same place as the convention though...lol.. we be old, need some sleep sometimes...

Still would be much more convenient then a mile or so up the beach.

Billy
06-23-2004, 12:32 AM
Let me tell you this unless you have a corner suite like Mike did last time over the pool you can sleep like a baby at the hotel the beds are to die for !

sarettah
06-23-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Billy@Jun 22 2004, 11:33 PM
Let me tell you this unless you have a corner suite like Mike did last time over the pool you can sleep like a baby at the hotel the beds are to die for !
cool :)

Don't think I will lay out the bucks for a suite..lol... I don't make enough money at this game to warrant a regular room :) But I sure do like the people, ya know.

Anyway, it looks like it is between the Westin, The Ramada up the beach or a tent in the state park across the water in Hallandale beach :yowsa:

sarettah
06-23-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by pushpills@Jun 22 2004, 11:20 PM
staying at the westin, unless woj boots me out or my girlfriend and her parents kidnap me for their summer trip.
You aren't staying in your own private suite ??? I am so surprised. :yowsa:

OldJeff
06-23-2004, 06:42 AM
Funny you like the beds so much, by day 2 I am usually sleeping on the floor because my back hurts so much.

I do agree that sleeping there is easier than other places the show has been, never remember a problem with noise that much there. Could be because the "loud crowed" heads off to the strip clubs, etc.

(please note that I am not looking to piss of the party people, 15 years ago I was you :D , now I would rather just sleep or sit in a beach chair and talk with old friends)

mojobill
06-23-2004, 06:49 AM
We are booked into the Westin... looking forward to seeing everyone again! ;-)

kmanrox
06-23-2004, 07:56 AM
i'm at the westin... if you have a hot GF she can stay with me, but you'll have to fend for yourself =P

Big Chop
06-23-2004, 08:30 AM
The past 2 years I have stayed under the Broward Blvd bridge (the I-95 Exit for intenext) Its free and I only have gotten robbed by recreational crack cocaine aficionados 14 times. One time I got stabbed in the eye, so now I got this cool glass one that I can change out. I got all the different smilies put on my extra eyes. Right now I'm wearing :yowsa: (it's not animated) but it still cool.

Ill save you and your friend a spot. Got run and change out my eye now. I'm going to put in :bdance:

good luck

Evil Chris
06-23-2004, 08:35 AM
not going to this one... but have a great time.

Next scheduled show is in January.

Sharpie
06-23-2004, 09:34 AM
We are staying at the Embasy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale & my house in Cape Coral before and after the show.

We rent a car so we can have the freedom to eat & drink off premisis.. we save enough money on drinks alone to pay for the car rental :-) The Westin is a beautiful place and the year we stayed there we had a very nice room with a nice balcony. But I have so many points with Hilton Grand Vacations, I can't afford not to use them, when we can have a suite instead of just a room.

There are a couple of restaurants just over the bridge on #1 that we like to frequent. The food is good and the price is right....

sarettah
06-23-2004, 09:49 AM
Still don't know where we will stay in Hollywood if we go, but we are planning on driving down to the Condo in Fort Myers about that time, which is what started the whole line of thinking...lol

I was going to forego the show and just do Vegas in January but got thinking about it and decided that the Fl show might be worth the trek across state and back.

Might end up doing a 2 week trip out of this one. Come down to Fort Myers the weekend before. Stay at the condo and get some work done. Trek across the state for the show, then after back to Fort Myers and then a slow leisurely drive back home....

Mike AI
06-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Isn't there a holiday inn or something accross the street??

The Westin is a nice facility for the show.

sarettah
06-23-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jun 23 2004, 09:07 AM
Isn't there a holiday inn or something accross the street??

The Westin is a nice facility for the show.
I don't do Holiday Inns !!!!

I hate them hate them hate them....

Like the song says "Don't you let me catch you staying at the Holiday Hotel"

:yowsa:

Peaches
06-23-2004, 10:10 AM
I stayed at the Holiday Inn down the road last year and besides it being a crappy hotel and paying more than a room at the Westin (I wanted oceanfront, which they gave me - on the bottom floor so I couldn't see the ocean and I couldn't leave my outside door open), not being "in the action" didn't work well for me :(

Mike AI
06-23-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Jun 23 2004, 09:11 AM
I stayed at the Holiday Inn down the road last year and besides it being a crappy hotel and paying more than a room at the Westin (I wanted oceanfront, which they gave me - on the bottom floor so I couldn't see the ocean and I couldn't leave my outside door open), not being "in the action" didn't work well for me :(
Wow that sucks

Scratch Holiday Inn off the list!

Peaches
06-23-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Jun 23 2004, 10:15 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Jun 23 2004, 10:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Peaches@Jun 23 2004, 09:11 AM
Wow that sucks

Scratch Holiday Inn off the list! [/b][/quote]
Gonzo stayed there and he liked it, so don't just take my word on it ;)

I thought it was dirty, not well taken care of, room service had weird hours - they were closed at 2 PM one day when I wanted a sandwich :(

My room was $159 a night (oceanfront) when they were going for $135 (standard) at the Westin. IIRC, the oceanfront room I had at the Westin the year before was around $207.

dantheman
06-23-2004, 10:57 AM
I havnet decided yet, might crash on mary's couch or over in Greg's condo, doubt I'll stay in the westin, they have a way of draining my credit cards:/

looking forward to seeing everyone, it's been awhile since vegas.

gonzo
06-23-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Jun 23 2004, 09:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Jun 23 2004, 09:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Mike AI@Jun 23 2004, 10:15 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Peaches@Jun 23 2004, 09:11 AM
Wow that sucks

I thought it was dirty, not well taken care of, room service had weird hours - they were closed at 2 PM one day when I wanted a sandwich :(

My room was $159 a night (oceanfront) when they were going for $135 (standard) at the Westin. IIRC, the oceanfront room I had at the Westin the year before was around $207. [/b][/quote]
It was a clean quiet room and the Don Johnson suite got the job done.

This year though Im suppposed to be staying at Mary's...

dantheman
06-23-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+Jun 23 2004, 11:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Jun 23 2004, 11:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Peaches@Jun 23 2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jun 23 2004, 10:15 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Peaches@Jun 23 2004, 09:11 AM
Wow that sucks

My room was $159 a night (oceanfront) when they were going for $135 (standard) at the Westin. IIRC, the oceanfront room I had at the Westin the year before was around $207.
It was a clean quiet room and the Don Johnson suite got the job done.

This year though Im suppposed to be staying at Mary's... [/b][/quote]
I call the couch :)

Jim
06-23-2004, 01:35 PM
Hey Dan...i will be staying at the TIDES in south beach....if you love a real quiet nice place...check that out....i stayed there with Joe Holler and his lovely wife 2 years ago...

everytime i am in sofla i make it my destination.....one of my fav places in the world!

THE TIDES (http://www.thetideshotel.com/) <- there is a link here!

sharky
06-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Can I sleep on the pullout in your room again?

lol. I'll bring earplugs for you this time!

Mike AI
06-23-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by sharky+Jun 23 2004, 12:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sharky @ Jun 23 2004, 12:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Billy@Jun 22 2004, 11:33 PM

lol. I'll bring earplugs for you this time! [/b][/quote]
We should have room for you.

Worst case scenario you can stay in the room with the models. I know they will be safe that way!

dantheman
06-23-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Jun 23 2004, 01:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Jun 23 2004, 01:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by sharky@Jun 23 2004, 12:38 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Billy@Jun 22 2004, 11:33 PM

lol. I'll bring earplugs for you this time!
We should have room for you.

Worst case scenario you can stay in the room with the models. I know they will be safe that way! [/b][/quote]
yo mike, how do I sign up for that room :P

Jim, since your staying there, I'll go take a look, it'll make it easier for us both :)

Hell Puppy
06-23-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by pushpills@Jun 22 2004, 11:20 PM
Drive the Camaro down, the Atlanta crew will meet up with you for doughnuts on the way thru town...

kath
06-23-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Billy@Jun 22 2004, 08:33 PM
I have to give a hearty HELL YEAH to this one...

We brought the bedside "Heavenly Bed" brochure home with us last year from the Westin and bought one a couple months ago. It was SO worth the $$$... best part of that whole trip last year was the daquiris by the beach and the Heavenly Bed!

:purpdance: :bjump: :purpdance: :bjump: :purpdance:

Weg Cory
06-23-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Jun 23 2004, 06:11 AM
Why does it matter where you stay?

You always end up beating down my hotel door with Jack Daniles covered in a brown paper bag come 3am anyways.

Peaches
06-23-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by WEGCashCory+Jun 23 2004, 06:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (WEGCashCory @ Jun 23 2004, 06:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Peaches@Jun 23 2004, 06:11 AM

You always end up beating down my hotel door with Jack Daniles covered in a brown paper bag come 3am anyways. [/b][/quote]
I need the hot dog and I don't want to have to walk far to get it! :(

kath
06-23-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Jun 23 2004, 03:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Jun 23 2004, 03:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by WEGCashCory@Jun 23 2004, 06:07 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Peaches@Jun 23 2004, 06:11 AM

You always end up beating down my hotel door with Jack Daniles covered in a brown paper bag come 3am anyways.
I need the hot dog and I don't want to have to walk far to get it! :( [/b][/quote]
:popcorn: Gonzo - ya gonna get this on webcam? lol