PDA

View Full Version : Paul Johnson beheaded

Almighty Colin
06-18-2004, 12:50 PM
CNN

Jim
06-18-2004, 12:59 PM
i told my wife last noght....unfortunately we will be seeing this on a weekly basis soon....

Rolo
06-18-2004, 01:40 PM
The US were getting bad world opinion, because of the Iraqi prisoner photos, and instead of playing the "divide and conquer" in world opinion, then they speed up their own prodution of fucked up videos, which will make the world change focus.

In such a case I would usual say terrorists are stupid, but it could be that they are mentally ill (in the literary sense), and are very delusional...

I wonder if any psychiatrists have tried to diagnosed islamic terrorists? I suspect they suffer from a range of mental illness!

Peaches
06-18-2004, 01:50 PM
:(

sarettah
06-18-2004, 02:46 PM
Damn... :(

I don't know if it would be considered a mental illness, it is more a product of the environment. These folks raise their kids to practice life according to a strict interpretation of a very brutal (imho) religion. Eye for an eye all that stuff. Cut off the hand of thieves etc.

I don't know if the head guys involved beleive the shit they preach, but they get the folks around them believing it and the head guys know that it most definitely has extreme sock value when shown to us.

I am beginning to think that everytime they do something like this that we should go round up about 100 of their guys and chop their heads off live on al jazeera, but that's just my New York roots talking there.

Evil Chris
06-18-2004, 03:40 PM
That's very sad news.
I'm seeing some feedback elsewhere too that people are saying it's his own fault for working over there in the first place. I think that way of thinking is ridiculous.

Edd
06-18-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by sarettah@Jun 18 2004, 01:54 PM
Damn... :(

I don't know if it would be considered a mental illness, it is more a product of the environment. These folks raise their kids to practice life according to a strict interpretation of a very brutal (imho) religion. Eye for an eye all that stuff. Cut off the hand of thieves etc.

I don't know if the head guys involved beleive the shit they preach, but they get the folks around them believing it and the head guys know that it most definitely has extreme sock value when shown to us.

I am beginning to think that everytime they do something like this that we should go round up about 100 of their guys and chop their heads off live on al jazeera, but that's just my New York roots talking there.
And thats why I think the Sauds should respond with the same course of action.... They live by the whole "eye for an eye" thing - so I say they should cut the head off of one of the cocksuckers that these extremists wanted released from prison.... And mail it to them with a note that reads "... when Rhiyiad freezes over!"

SykkBoy
06-18-2004, 05:15 PM
It's hard to be a peacemonger in times like this...

but, it is also times like this that see how strong the peacenik resolution is

why do we keep supporting saudi arabia again? Weren't most of the 911 hi-jackers from there? Weren't these guys? While we're already fighting two wars (one in afghanistan and one in Iraq), we seem to be ignoring the country that seems to be producing these barbarians and this is supposed to be a country we're "friendly" with? Ya know, my close friends are like brothers to me, but if they come into my house and start tearing shit up, fucking my wife and drinking all my beer and set my dog on fire, 'm probably going to question the freindship, hell, I might even stoip being friends with them and get a little physical......

Rolo
06-18-2004, 05:28 PM
I found this comment on Islam and beheadings a interesting read:

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolu...nists/20835.htm (http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/20835.htm)

masterp74
06-19-2004, 03:36 AM
I say fuck it. time for WWIII

Rolo
06-19-2004, 09:08 AM
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi TV broadcast pictures Saturday of four bloodied bodies that authorities identified as the reputed leader of al-Qaida in the kingdom and three other militants killed in a gunbattle after dumping the mutilated body of an American hostage.

The al-Qaida cell allegedly led by Abdulaziz al-Moqrin fulfilled its threat to kill engineer Paul M. Johnson Jr., beheading him and showing grisly photos on the Internet on Friday. The slaying drew a chorus of condemnation from around the world, with even one of America's staunchest foes, Syria, calling it a "shameful crime."

The death of al-Moqrin, 31, would be a coup for Saudi Arabia's government, which has been beset by a wave of attacks on Westerners that has unsettled citizens and foreign residents.

The airing of the pictures appeared to be a rebuttal to a posting on an Islamist Web site Saturday denying al-Moqrin had been killed and saying the claim was "aimed at dissuading the holy warriors and crushing their spirits."

On state-run national television, a Saudi announced said four men killed by police after being cornered at a Riyadh gas station included al-Moqrin, the kingdom's most-wanted terror suspect.

A picture showed the face of an apparently dead young man, clean-shaven except for his mustache and resembling past pictures believed to be of al-Moqrin. Al-Ekhbariya, an all-news Saudi satellite channel, showed a full photograph of the same corpse, covered with blood.

A trickle of blood ran from the mouth of another of the militants pictured, and the teeth of a third appeared smashed.

A U.S. official who spoke on condition of anonymity Friday had confirmed al-Moqrin's killing, while a Saudi official said forensic tests would confirm its identity.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...napped_american (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=540&e=2&u=/ap/20040619/ap_on_re_mi_ea/saudi_kidnapped_american)