PDA

View Full Version : Is this a picture of a uranium enrichment plant?

Almighty Colin
06-18-2004, 11:28 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,123081,00.html

Mike AI
06-18-2004, 12:00 PM
I read somethin in Forbes, some unique ideas of how to deal with the Syria/Iran problem. Especially in deal with them sending supplies, weapons and people to fight us in Iraq.

Syria has a large Kurdish population. We could create a no fly zone, secure area in Syria that the Kurds could run. This would show Syria we arer serious, and hopefully Assad would catch a clue.

In Iran, the idea was to seize their 2 islands which are their main pumping ground for oil, and put a forced embargo on Iranian oil. This would put a lot of pressure on the regime. If these guys did not have the oil revenue to prop up their gov't they would have problems.

It would effect oil prices some, but not much.

Just some different ideas, that do not involve bombing them back to stoneages - which is of course what I would recomend.

Nickatilynx
06-18-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jun 18 2004, 08:08 AM
I read somethin in Forbes, some unique ideas of how to deal with the Syria/Iran problem. Especially in deal with them sending supplies, weapons and people to fight us in Iraq.

Syria has a large Kurdish population. We could create a no fly zone, secure area in Syria that the Kurds could run. This would show Syria we arer serious, and hopefully Assad would catch a clue.

In Iran, the idea was to seize their 2 islands which are their main pumping ground for oil, and put a forced embargo on Iranian oil. This would put a lot of pressure on the regime. If these guys did not have the oil revenue to prop up their gov't they would have problems.

It would effect oil prices some, but not much.

Just some different ideas, that do not involve bombing them back to stoneages - which is of course what I would recomend.
and history would report those actions in conjunction with the debacle in Iraq as the seeds that led to WW3....

Holy fucking shit....

Almighty Colin
06-18-2004, 12:10 PM
I have no idea what the solution is. The world is certainly not united on the importance and the effort required in keeping nations like Syria, Iran, North Korea and Iraq from developing nuclear weapons. Not twenty years ago, not ten years ago and not now. How did anyone permit Pakistan to develop nuclear weapons? ICBMs are next.

wig
06-18-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Colin@Jun 18 2004, 11:18 AM
I have no idea what the solution is. The world is certainly not united on the importance and the effort required in keeping nations like Syria, Iran, North Korea and Iraq from developing nuclear weapons. Not twenty years ago, not ten years ago and not now. How did anyone permit Pakistan to develop nuclear weapons? ICBMs are next.
No shit. Can you imagine the middle east with several countries possessing this capability.

Sooner rather than later nukes would be used.

Almighty Colin
06-18-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by wig@Jun 18 2004, 12:23 PM
No shit. Can you imagine the middle east with several countries possessing this capability.

And Israel will be the target.

We need to really get going on the missile defense thing.

wig
06-18-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Colin+Jun 18 2004, 12:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Colin @ Jun 18 2004, 12:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--wig@Jun 18 2004, 12:23 PM

And Israel will be the target.

We need to really get going on the missile defense thing.[/b][/quote]
sounds like WWIII.

i wonder if missle defense would even make a difference. How hard would it be to smuggle one close enough that it does not matter?

Almighty Colin
06-18-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by wig@Jun 18 2004, 12:48 PM
i wonder if missle defense would even make a difference. How hard would it be to smuggle one close enough that it does not matter?
Couldn't cover all cases but I think it would be good to be able to shoot down a North Korean ICBM.

wig
06-18-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Colin+Jun 18 2004, 12:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Colin @ Jun 18 2004, 12:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--wig@Jun 18 2004, 12:48 PM
Couldn't cover all cases but I think it would be good to be able to shoot down a North Korean ICBM.[/b][/quote]
as crazy as Kim Jung Il is, i worry alot less about NK that I do the middle east.

There is no greater motivator/convincer than doing something in the name of a God.

wig
06-18-2004, 02:04 PM
i don't know what the solution is either.

i just lean more towards bringing the attack to the enemy rather than waiting for the enemy to attack IF it is reasonable to conclude that they intend to attack.