PDA

View Full Version : Four More Years !

sarettah
06-17-2004, 01:35 PM
Not of Bush dammit.. Throw the bum out....

But today, Jen and I celebrate 4 years of marriage :)

(I know, in a different thread I said it was on Friday, but I'm a guy, what do I know. Jen told me it's today and I assume she knows this stuff better than I do)

So, dinner at a nice restaurant (Jen wants Chinese, so I decided to head for Bo Lings on the plaza), then dancing at a jazz club somewhere in the same area. A little wine, a little nookie and a night off from work.

:gbounce: :cdance: :gbounce: :purpdance: :gbounce:

LadyLaw
06-17-2004, 01:39 PM
Congratulations to you both!!

Enjoy your night out....give Jen a big hug for me. Here's to a long and very happy life together.

pushpills
06-17-2004, 01:44 PM
hope you have a lifetime of successful terms. :awinky:

Peaches
06-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Congratulations! Being one who didn't make it to 2 years, 4 is quite an accomplishment in my eyes :)

Vick
06-17-2004, 03:06 PM
Sounds like a great night sarettah

Congrats again

Love the Jazz Club idea

TheEnforcer
06-17-2004, 03:49 PM
Congrats! This shows even assholes can have relationships that work!! :P

Winetalk.com
06-17-2004, 04:00 PM
mazal tov! need help executing the plan?
;_)))

sarettah
06-18-2004, 08:14 AM
Good Morning Oprano :)

Thank you everyone....

Dinner was great. Jazz bar was gone (should have checked the current phone book or something I guess). We ended up closing the night at a local wine bar, yakking and trying various Cali varietals. So it was still quite a pleasant evening. :okthumb:

wig
06-18-2004, 08:20 AM
Sare, Congrats man! Good second choice hitting the wine bar.

Winetalk.com
06-18-2004, 08:22 AM
Yeap, Sare knows his wines,
I still recall kindly the bottle he sent us
;-)))

ocho-ocho
06-18-2004, 09:06 AM
how sweet! congrats...

sarettah
06-18-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by wig@Jun 18 2004, 07:28 AM
Sare, Congrats man! Good second choice hitting the wine bar.
Thanx Wig :)

The place we went is owned byan old friend of mine from back in the days I worked in the wine/liquor biz...

When Jen first came up to meet my parents we went there for dinner, then on either our first or second anniversary (we were trying to sort it out last night..lol) we went for diner. So, it is becoming a sort of tradition to end up at "Joe D's" on our anniversary :)

Joe D's Wine List (http://www.joeds.com/BKSwine.html)

LOl Serge, I used to know my wines but anymore I usually just say "give me the house" (red or white) depending on the meal :)

Last edited by sarettah at Jun 18 2004, 08:56 AM

Winetalk.com
06-18-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by sarettah+Jun 18 2004, 08:56 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sarettah @ Jun 18 2004, 08:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--wig@Jun 18 2004, 07:28 AM
Sare, š Congrats man! šGood second choice hitting the wine bar.
Thanx Wig :)

The place we went is owned byan old friend of mine from back in the days I worked in the wine/liquor biz...

When Jen first came up to meet my parents we went there for dinner, then on either our first or second anniversary (we were trying to sort it out last night..lol) we went for diner. So, it is becoming a sort of tradition to end up at "Joe D's" on our anniversary :)

Joe D's Wine List (http://www.joeds.com/BKSwine.html)

LOl Serge, I used to know my wines but anymore I usually just say "give me the house" (red or white) depending on the meal :)[/b][/quote]
Sare, you either know your wines or you don't,
it has nothing to do with financial circumstances.

Even at the bottom of his financial affairs, Forest knew his wines,
and I am sure so do you.

BTW, I ALWAYS order "house" at one of my favorit Italian places
(as their list is not that impressive and $20 for large carafe is much better value ;-)

sarettah
06-18-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Jun 18 2004, 09:14 AM

and I am sure so do you.

(as their list is not that impressive and $20 for large carafe is much better value ;-)
Agree totally that you either know them or not..lol..It is not finances that would keep me from knowing them, it is being ut of the loop. I have'nt paid attention to good years versus bad years, etc in a while.

I know a good wine when I taste it though :yowsa:

dig420
06-18-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by sarettah+Jun 18 2004, 01:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sarettah @ Jun 18 2004, 01:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Serge_Oprano@Jun 18 2004, 09:14 AM

and I am sure so do you.

Agree totally that you either know them or not..lol..It is not finances that would keep me from knowing them, it is being ut of the loop. I have'nt paid attention to good years versus bad years, etc in a while.

I know a good wine when I taste it though :yowsa:[/b][/quote]
more to do with not caring than being out of the loop.

Booze is booze :hic:

sarettah
06-18-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by dig420@Jun 18 2004, 04:45 PM
more to do with not caring than being out of the loop.

Booze is booze :hic:
Blasphemy Dig..

Caring is not the major part of the equation in this case. Back in the day I worked in the wine and liquor biz, here in KC and down in Texas.

We had several excellent wine people (two were sommeliers), so I was constantly inundated with information whether I had wanted it or not. I went from the point of not being able to tell you the difference between Boones Farm and a fine Bordeaux to a semi-expert of sorts.

Because most of my time in the biz was with a small distributor here in Kansas City, I wore many hats and had to be able to communicate in an intelligent manner with customers that knew a hell of a lot about the wines available and what they wanted.

One of the best perks of the job was being able to go back in the wine room with a customer in the middle of the day and pop open various bottles and taste them.

Since I have been out of that biz, I have at times tried to keep up, but there is only so much info that will fit in my head, ya know... :blink: and these days, the space available is being used to keep up with what the hell is going on techwise.

dig420
06-19-2004, 12:47 AM
I can't tell the difference between MD20-20 and a fine wine, and I just don't care. I hate listening to food shows and shit like that too. When I'm hungry I want to eat quick, get full and move on. When I drink (which is practically never these days) I'm doing it to get drunk most of the time, not to savor the flavor. If you want to drink something that tastes good Welch's grape juice beats any wine in the world hands down :)

I just never understood the whole food-and-wine scene, eating is a necessary evil I'd do without if I could (takes too much time) and drunk is drunk whether you got there with Pabst or Cristal. I understand that many people are really into it, I just never was myself. I guess I'm just a caveman or something.

Last edited by dig420 at Jun 18 2004, 11:57 PM

JoesHO
06-19-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by dig420@Jun 18 2004, 08:55 PM
I can't tell the difference between MD20-20 and a fine wine, and I just don't care. I hate listening to food shows and shit like that too. When I'm hungry I want to eat quick, get full and move on. When I drink (which is practically never these days) I'm doing it to get drunk most of the time, not to savor the flavor. If you want to drink something that tastes good Welch's grape juice beats any wine in the world hands down :)

I just never understood the whole food-and-wine scene, eating is a necessary evil I'd do without if I could (takes too much time) and drunk is drunk whether you got there with Pabst or Cristal. I understand that many people are really into it, I just never was myself. I guess I'm just a caveman or something.
Mad dog gives you a worse head ache :huh:

Vick
06-19-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by dig420@Jun 18 2004, 11:55 PM

Dig you're missing out on so much

Can you really say you don't appreciate the difference between a McDonald's hamburger and a well prepared filet?

Can't enjoy a flavorful quality wine that is an excellent companion to your dining choice?

Just can't imagine welsh's grape juice complementing a rare aged beef the way a good red does

As for the "drunk is drunk" there is a difference in the drunks different alcohols give and a serious difference in hangovers

If you have the inclination give it another go sometime with an open mind

It really is worth it

dig420
06-20-2004, 07:12 PM
I can tell the difference between McDonald's and a filet, but the main reason I would prefer the filet is because it's healthier than McDonald's. I have to eat at least moderately well because I do a sport that is physically demanding.

Other than that it wouldn't make much of a difference to me. As long as it's palatable and reasonably nutritious I'll eat anything put in front of me and go about my business, I don't really care what it is. The only food I HAVE to have and really enjoy is cold lowfat milk. I drink about a half-gallon daily sometimes.

Peaches
06-20-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Jun 19 2004, 10:36 PM
Dig you're missing out on so much

Can you really say you don't appreciate the difference between a McDonald's hamburger and a well prepared filet?

Can't enjoy a flavorful quality wine that is an excellent companion to your dining choice?

Just can't imagine welsh's grape juice complementing a rare aged beef the way a good red does

As for the "drunk is drunk" there is a difference in the drunks different alcohols give and a serious difference in hangovers

If you have the inclination give it another go sometime with an open mind

It really is worth it
I'm the same as Dig. I can drink a glass of wine that I absolutely adore and it can be from a $5 bottle or a $300 bottle. Ditto with a wine I DON'T like.

I can appreciate a good piece of beef and the ginger bass at a chinese restaurant I know, but there are times when a Big Mac and Captain D's will hit the spot too :)

I don't have any tastes, I just know what tastes good. B)